Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Sound Hotel Seattle Belltown, Tapestry Collection by Hilton {US-WA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Sound Hotel Seattle Belltown, Tapestry Collection by Hilton {US-WA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We'll be there next week. Last time was a few years ago when the Diamond breakfast was served in the lounge. I guess the current $12 just covers coffee and a pastry? I was hoping they'd bump it to $15 since Seattle is a major city but looking at the list it's not, but Key Largo is...go figure.

It is a quick walk from the light rail, and then there are buses that take you everywhere. We almost never drive to Seattle for those reasons (plus the distance, not a fun drive).
Old Nov 6, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
We'll be there next week. Last time was a few years ago when the Diamond breakfast was served in the lounge. I guess the current $12 just covers coffee and a pastry? I was hoping they'd bump it to $15 since Seattle is a major city but looking at the list it's not, but Key Largo is...go figure.

It is a quick walk from the light rail, and then there are buses that take you everywhere. We almost never drive to Seattle for those reasons (plus the distance, not a fun drive).
Yeah its good for maybe a couple of pastries and a coffee or vice versa. Doesn't get you very far beyond that. Definitely odd it isn't a $15 city; prices everywhere are on par with NY.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Just finished a 4-night stay and generally very pleased.
Everything seems very new still and well-maintained, and very friendly front desk staff.

Upgraded in advance to one of the Studio rooms, which was a corner with a nice table and small couch instead of a desk, and a giant bathroom. Our room was oddly shaped so there was a ton of wasted space in the entry room and bathroom that accounted for the claimed 500 sq ft, but definitely comfortable.

Studio room

7th floor lounge remains not a real lounge in the traditional sense, but a place anyone can visit.
Unfortunately food and beverage remains highly limited. The only on-site option is the coffee bar in the mornings, which is significantly understaffed- particularly on the weekend. (Never more than one person). Pastries are $5 each. Other options ranged each day- one day nothing else, one day some refrigerated breakfast sandwiches they'd heat up, and one day a full range of salads and sandwiches in the case. Our $12 elite breakfast credit basically covered one pastry and one coffee per person. You can also spend it at the "gift shop" which is grab and go style.

Gym was small but clean, just a few cardio machines.

Late checkout given no problem. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Nice option compared to the mega hotels in the area. Lots of restaurants walkable particularly near the new Amazon buildings.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Eujeanie

Any feedback from this visit?

David
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by DELee

David
No, we ended up cancelling because I hurt my knee and was hobbling about.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by DELee

David
Were there specific questions that my review from yesterday didn't address? Happy to provide more info.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Were there specific questions that my review from yesterday didn't address? Happy to provide more info.
No - the review was quite comprehensive. I was simply following up Eujeanie 's post from November.

David
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I don't see anything about their being an executive lounge here anymore. Does anyone know? Also, is there an amenities fee? The website is unclear what taxes are charged.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I don't see anything about their being an executive lounge here anymore. Does anyone know? Also, is there an amenities fee? The website is unclear what taxes are charged.
An attempt to book says that the executive lounge is still closed, and shows no amenity fee, but the taxes of 15.7% plus $4 per night, which is Seattle city tax. Is there a reason you think there's an amenity fee?

Last edited by Adam1222; Aug 1, 2022 at 11:52 am
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Adam1222
An attempt to book says that the executive lounge is still closed, and shows no amenity fee, but the taxes of 15.7% plus $4 per night, which is Seattle city tax. Is there a reason you think there's an amenity fee?
The taxes seemed quite hefty so wasn't sure if that included an amenity fee that they were not parting out separately. Also, interesting that they have a club lounge. Never seen a Tapestry property that offered one. Pretty nice. Thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
The taxes seemed quite hefty so wasn't sure if that included an amenity fee that they were not parting out separately. Also, interesting that they have a club lounge. Never seen a Tapestry property that offered one. Pretty nice. Thanks!
That is what taxes are in Seattle.
The lounge was never a traditional executive lounge and I would be surprised if it ever reopens. The only food service was elite breakfast.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 3:07 pm

And it was an odd lounge - very small, but nice views. We went wandering around the halls and ended up in the residential area (but promptly left). I actually liked the prepackaged waffles, had never had them before.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG UA G Hilton Diamond
I have been staying here every other week the past 4 months and this is by far my favorite Hilton hotel in Seattle.

Breakfast and/or Coffee Shop are always great.

The restaurant / lounge on the 7th floor is starting to open on fridays/saturdays for cocktails and apps. I agree and in talking with the team I think they will leave it as a bar and lounge for the building.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 5:20 pm

Had our second stay here Friday night. Lounge still closed, $15 pp credit, breakfast did have one option that I think it might have covered, everything else pricey but good.

Got upgraded to the Studio Corner Suite shown just above. No view. Very quiet, which we like, only sound were sirens which I guess can pierce every corner. Agree that lots of wasted space both in the entry and bathroom. We had a very cool many-trumpets lamp. Really like the different decor.

While the bed was comfortable, we both thought the pillows were just too huge and heavy. Didn't think to ask if they had different ones, will next time.

All staff encountered were very nice.

Again walked to Jazz Alley, and will stay here again in August for the same (and a Mariners game - bus goes from just a couple of blocks away to literally T-Mobiles front entrance, even easier than taking the train).
Old Aug 16, 2023, 7:43 am

3rd stay here. Again upgraded to Studio Corner Suite. Again very quiet except for the sirens - lots of sirens - mostly because of the multiple-person shooting TWO BLOCKS AWAY.

Again marveled at the wasted space in this room. Bathroom is big enough to hold 2 tubs yet it has none.

Breakfast was Sunday morning and again Monday morning. Sunday is called "brunch" and has more interesting, substantial things (I again got the fabulous corned beef hash). Sunday only had one "under $15" choice, the continental.

Monday had several Under $15 items, which was nice. Yogurt parfait with fruit and granola was very good. Husband liked his biscuits and gravy.

Lounge is still closed.

I thought the breakfast benefit was going to be messed up because of the weird pending charges and incomplete invoice on check-out, but everything was fine in the end. We even got two 2,000 bonuses because one night FNC was in my name and one night in my husband's.

We had dinner at the Palace Kitchen around the corner and talking to the waiter he said the Sound was voted one of the top 3 hotels in the city. Not sure I agree with that, but it's quite nice. It's in a good area for what we usually come to Seattle to do (except for the shootings), so we'll probably stay there again. But it's rep is that it's in a "sketchy" area. We've been ok with it so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.