Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Friends and Family Rate" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Friends and Family Rate" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2023, 2:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Somebody else did, as a follow up to your question, in their first post on FT. That post was replaced by a moderator.
Ah, I see. Was wondering why the rather aggressive all red post after mine.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 7:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by cnh
Family & Friends rate is usually 50% off the standard rate and applies only to standard rooms.
If the rate is even available for the hotel. Don't expect to be booking prime resorts in the heat of summer.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Super Mario
If the rate is even available for the hotel. Don't expect to be booking prime resorts in the heat of summer.
Right. I didn't want to bother friend about any of this if not really worth it bc she is extremely busy with some personal stuff right now. I'll probably wait a few days then ask. I wish there was a way to know what to look for from a regular HH account to see about availability for F&F. I suppose if she adds me to her group then I can use the perk in the future. I have a backup rez so not a big deal for this particular trip.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 2:34 pm
KRS

Looking at booking the Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort, which is an all inclusive property. In the property specific thread there are reports that points bookings get the all inclusive - could I expect the same for a Go rate?
I attempted to ask Hilton chat but the agent did not understand the question...

Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort {EGY}
Old Jun 25, 2023, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, if it's AI, you get that.
KRS likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 1:24 pm

I'm looking to make a booking 6 months out but the hotel is not showing any availability for friends and family rates. Do hotels release more F&F rates closer to the date of the stay? How about when an existing F&F booking is cancelled, do they get returned to the F&F inventory?
Old Aug 20, 2023, 8:13 pm

Sorry for the double post, I'm new and have many questions:

1) If I book a F&F rate but then cancel the reservation, will the F&F night be returned to the 70 night allotment for the team member?
Old Aug 21, 2023, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by FlySkyHigh
I'm looking to make a booking 6 months out but the hotel is not showing any availability for friends and family rates. Do hotels release more F&F rates closer to the date of the stay? How about when an existing F&F booking is cancelled, do they get returned to the F&F inventory?
This is answered here, a link to this can be found on the Go Hilton booking page.

https://help.hilton.com/s/article/Wh...4xNjg0ODY0NzU5
FlySkyHigh likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by muzthe42nd
This is answered here, a link to this can be found on the Go Hilton booking page.

https://help.hilton.com/s/article/Wh...4xNjg0ODY0NzU5
thanks, the link does not clarify if I cancel a reservation, will the F&F night be added back to the 70 allotment?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 3:34 am

Fair. That one is not answered in the publicly listed documentation.

To answer your question - if cancelled before the cancellation deadline it returns to the allotment. If after the deadline or goes to no show it does not.
FlySkyHigh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.