Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Friends and Family Rate" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL,Hyatt Platinum,BMI Silver

Hi guys,
I am a newbe and I have the following question: Does the Hilton hotel group offer a so called friends and family program with discounted rates for these group (e.g.employees and their friends and families)? Is it known if there exists a promotional code or discount code which can be used and typed in to get and book such a rate -and if so,is there any control e.g.at the reception desk if you really belong to this group? I have already read a part of the big FAQ thread,but couldnt find an answer.Thanks a lot for any hint or advice.In another board here,I have found such a program for the Intercontinental group,but my next stay will be at a Hilton hotel in Europe in June or July.So who can help me which a clue or an idea,where to find a discount code? Thanks a lot for any helpful idea.The regular rates which the hotel currently offers are too high for me.I need a promotional code for hotel stays in Germany ,France and Britain this summer period.

Last edited by kaninchen; May 12, 2010 at 6:51 pm
Old May 12, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: HHonours
This is verbatim from the Staff, Family and Friends website:

"For Hilton Family Travel Program rates:
If you have booked the Hilton Family Travel Program rate for family take the Confirmation Number to your Human Resources Department or General manager, and obtain a signed Hilton Family Travel Passport. The Hilton Family Travel Passport will identify your family as they check in at the hotel, and ensure they receive the correct rate for their stay. If you have made the reservation for yourself and have an Esprit/Hilton Club Card then you will not need a Hilton Family Travel Passport you simply need to take your Esprit/Hilton Club Card with you when you travel and present it at check-in."

...and yes, the Front Desk really do control your eligibility - if you can't present your 'passport' they may change your rate to the BAR for the night.
Old May 12, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: HHonors
We do verify that people are employees or their family, including calling the hotel they claim to work for. If someone shows up at my place without the documentation, they pay full price. If they argue it, they stay somewhere else.
Old May 13, 2010, 8:24 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
But... but... but my spouse used to work at the Doubletree Club in Houston... Link to PowerPoint. (I hope hamptoninnsider has seen this and had a good laugh; if not, here it is. And, yes throw the bums out!)
Old May 13, 2010, 10:11 am

I've seen that, good stuff

I've had someone who said since they owned Blackstone stock, they were an owner of our hotel and wanted the employee rate.
Old May 13, 2010, 2:48 pm

Hahaha! Good one, but I am sure, no cigar.

Hey, HInnsider and all, thanks for participating, sharing and being there - not to mention, being patient and dealing with all the BS we can hand out as guests...

Originally Posted by hamptoninnsider
I've seen that, good stuff

I've had someone who said since they owned Blackstone stock, they were an owner of our hotel and wanted the employee rate.

Last edited by JDiver; May 13, 2010 at 2:54 pm
Old May 13, 2010, 3:31 pm

You're welcome! Thanks to everyone for being our guests!
Old May 13, 2010, 4:12 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Originally Posted by JDiver
But... but... but my spouse used to work at the Doubletree Club in Houston... Link to PowerPoint. (I hope hamptoninnsider has seen this and had a good laugh; if not, here it is. And, yes throw the bums out!)

This is, hands down, the funniest thing I've read this year (even if it is 9 years late - Promus even gets name checked) .

I can't stop laughing!
Old May 13, 2010, 4:15 pm

It was a creative way of dealing with some severe frustration, and it got global attention. (The MIA and HOU 2Tree Clubs have long since been, deservedly, demolished.) I do occasionally wonder if Mike the Night Clerk is cleaning septic tanks, or what his loot in life turned out to be.

Originally Posted by Minneapolis
This is, hands down, the funniest thing I've read this year (even if it is 9 years late - Promus even gets name checked) .

I can't stop laughing!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: Delta-Gold,HH-Diamond,PC-Gold
HH Friends and Family rates?

Does anyone know if HiltonHhonors has anything like IHG Friends and Family rates?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Nearest thing is the MVP rate. Corporate code N0041604 or 560041604 depending on brand, if one doesn't work try the other.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by SWInsider
This is verbatim from the Staff, Family and Friends website:

"For Hilton Family Travel Program rates:
If you have booked the Hilton Family Travel Program rate for family take the Confirmation Number to your Human Resources Department or General manager, and obtain a signed Hilton Family Travel Passport. The Hilton Family Travel Passport will identify your family as they check in at the hotel, and ensure they receive the correct rate for their stay. If you have made the reservation for yourself and have an Esprit/Hilton Club Card then you will not need a Hilton Family Travel Passport you simply need to take your Esprit/Hilton Club Card with you when you travel and present it at check-in."

...and yes, the Front Desk really do control your eligibility - if you can't present your 'passport' they may change your rate to the BAR for the night.
Do they mean by Hilton Club Card the ordinary Gold/Plat HH card?
Does anybody know the rate code/promo code of this rate?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by MCruler
Do they mean by Hilton Club Card the ordinary Gold/Plat HH card?Does anybody know the rate code/promo code of this rate?
No.
See, e.g.,:
http://hilton.com/en/ww/promotions/H...UB/index.jhtml
http://www.careersathilton.com/whyworkathilton.php
Old Mar 21, 2012, 5:19 pm

many thanks for that ^
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:13 pm

Friends and Family Discount Question

Hi all,

My friend, who works for Hilton had added me to his friends and family program and unfortunately, he's leaving the company in the next few weeks. I have a couple upcoming reservations with the friends and family rate next month and I was wondering if anyone would know if the rates for these reservations will be updated at a regular rate or cancelled? I asked my friend and he wasn't sure either.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.