Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Friends and Family Rate" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Friends and Family Rate" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:25 pm

Is the F&F rate advance payment or can I pay when I check out?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
It seems that F&F rates do not include breakfast, but there's always exceptions.
I got all breakfasts at places that included them when I was F&F, but my relative left Hilton 18 months ago, so it might have changed since then.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
It is not advance purchase, same rules as best available rate

Breakfast is not included unless you qualify otherwise through status/brand/my way.

As others have noted you probably will not get anything more than an apology in the event of a problem.

When staying on a friends and family rate it is important to remember that you are representing the company and your friend/family member who works for a property (similar to pass travel on an airline). Any issues with your stay/behavior can and will have ramifications for the team member (not paying for a no show, smoking in or damaging the room, abusive behavior to staff, etc.)
SPN Lifer and Firewind like this.

Last edited by zgscl; Mar 24, 2020 at 11:42 pm Reason: updated
Old Nov 6, 2020, 10:35 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, A3 Gold (*G)
Hi
what if i want to stay for 15 nights on F&F rate? I understand that i can book 7 consecutive nights only but should i book with a different rate in the middle or I make 7+7+1 reservations using F&F.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 9:22 am

You are not allowed to leave bad reviews / complaints with regards to relevant stays on any platforms.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by felizdenovo
Hi
what if i want to stay for 15 nights on F&F rate? I understand that i can book 7 consecutive nights only but should i book with a different rate in the middle or I make 7+7+1 reservations using F&F.
You will need a different rate in between.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton
There is one potential downside; if anything goes wrong in the stay, agents are specifically forbidden to award compensation of any kind.

This is Hilton's 100th year in business. To celebrate, the number of nights employees (and their designees) can access F&F rates has increased from 30 to70, and the number of people who can be listed as Friends or Family has been increased from 10 to 30.

Finally a 'Concierge Desk' will soon open to help with F&F reservations.
Just as a brief point of technical clarity for this post and another one in this thread which mentions compensation for any problems. If you're staying on a F&F rate or a team member rate and something goes wrong the idea that you can't be compensated is 100% incorrect. I've personally comped several room rates over the years when there have been issues like a room not being completely cleaned or HVAC problems that necessitated room moves. Just like I was also comped two nights (on team member rate) by a Homewood Suites in New Jersey a few months after they opened, when the door lock to the room I was staying in failed and they couldn't open the door for eight or nine hours since the override/programming device was locked in the GM's office and he lived over an hour away while no one on site had access to his office or knew how to use the device. While there are rules in place for a lot of things, any well run hotel allows common sense to prevail and situationally if something happens where the hotel fails the guest, regardless of rate, you should be compensated.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever
Just as a brief point of technical clarity for this post and another one in this thread which mentions compensation for any problems. If you're staying on a F&F rate or a team member rate and something goes wrong the idea that you can't be compensated is 100% incorrect. I've personally comped several room rates over the years when there have been issues like a room not being completely cleaned or HVAC problems that necessitated room moves. Just like I was also comped two nights (on team member rate) by a Homewood Suites in New Jersey a few months after they opened, when the door lock to the room I was staying in failed and they couldn't open the door for eight or nine hours since the override/programming device was locked in the GM's office and he lived over an hour away while no one on site had access to his office or knew how to use the device. While there are rules in place for a lot of things, any well run hotel allows common sense to prevail and situationally if something happens where the hotel fails the guest, regardless of rate, you should be compensated.
Sure, except that the go hilton terms and conditions specifically state that go hilton rates are ineligible for any form of compensation due to their already being considerably discounted.
loomis likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by muzthe42nd
Sure, except that the go hilton terms and conditions specifically state that go hilton rates are ineligible for any form of compensation due to their already being considerably discounted.
You're right it's there, but there is also a big difference between the T/C's of things and what actually can/does occur. It's also why I said should versus will. You might find some that would know but the bulk of desk agents have no clue about that because you are never trained on it and even if you are, it's something that costs the property very little and is unenforceable.

Last edited by The Road Goes On Forever; Nov 7, 2020 at 11:53 am Reason: spelling
Old Jun 2, 2023, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I have a close friend who I think would add me to their F&F group if I asked. Can anyone tell me the typical discount amount? For ex, Im looking at the Hagia Sophia Curio in Istanbul. Its $400/night during my dates. Im wondering if its worth asking friend to add me. We also have a few nights in Paris but I dont know the Hilton props there.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 8:16 am
cnh

Programs: Hilton Honors (Team Member)
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I have a close friend who I think would add me to their F&F group if I asked. Can anyone tell me the typical discount amount? For ex, Im looking at the Hagia Sophia Curio in Istanbul. Its $400/night during my dates. Im wondering if its worth asking friend to add me. We also have a few nights in Paris but I dont know the Hilton props there.
Family & Friends rate is usually 50% off the standard rate and applies only to standard rooms.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 8:37 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Do not ask in this thread to be added to a F&F list.

Thanks.

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Hilton forum
Old Jun 3, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cnh
Family & Friends rate is usually 50% off the standard rate and applies only to standard rooms.
Okay, great. Thanks. Is there a way to upcharge for a nonstandard room? We have 3 kids and at the property I'm wanting to stay the standard will not fit them.

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Do not ask in this thread to be added to a F&F list.

Thanks.

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Hilton forum
I wasn't going to ask anyone on FT. A friend of mine IRL had offered a while ago but I didn't take her up on it. If the rates are 50%, then I think I'm going to ask if her offer is still good!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 7:49 pm
cnh

Programs: Hilton Honors (Team Member)
[QUOTE=Stgermainparis;35300878]Okay, great. Thanks. Is there a way to upcharge for a nonstandard room? We have 3 kids and at the property I'm wanting to stay the standard will not fit them.
/QUOTE]

You should be able to. I've done it before with my team member rate.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 1:04 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I wasn't going to ask anyone on FT.
Somebody else did, as a follow up to your question, in their first post on FT. That post was replaced by a moderator.
Stgermainparis likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.