Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
For a review of this hotel, including photos and suggested terminal routes, go to post 113:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31272164

This hotel is near the Arrivals level 1 of Heathrow Terminal 2, the Queen's Terminal. It's a short walk via the carpark, and it is signposted. Photos in this post 55:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31183249
Print Wikipost

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
  1. What is the easiest (not necessarily fastest) way to get to this hotel from T5 if I have 2 full size suitcases and 2 backpacks? Taxi door to door?
  2. Also, if I'm able to change to an earlier flight I may not need to go to the hotel at all. If that is the case, what would be the easiest way to get from T5 to T2 with my luggage (if theres any difference to my first scenario)?
Because T2 and the HGI is next to the tube station, if you can use the Underground I would do so. HEX and TfL Rail are nearer to T3 so you have an additional set of passageways to go down. The Underground trains do have a luggage area by door 2 and since that is the terminus, and you're getting off on the next stop, you're not hassling commuters with suitcases.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

The easiest way ( esp with luggage)- are there 2 of you with the 2 full size cases and back packs?- would be by taxi for both (1 & 2)
You could take the Heathrow express ( get a free transfer pass for this) between T5 and Heathrow central but this involves using the lifts and lugging cases onto and off the trains

Regards

TBS
Thanks. Just me on my own. 1 bigger backpack on my back, the other on a suitcase handle. I dont mind a bit of walking/lugging/general hassle, but if I do try and change it an earlier flight I also just want the fastest option.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Because T2 and the HGI is next to the tube station, if you can use the Underground I would do so. HEX and TfL Rail are nearer to T3 so you have an additional set of passageways to go down. The Underground trains do have a luggage area by door 2 and since that is the terminus, and you're getting off on the next stop, you're not hassling commuters with suitcases.
Thanks. I'll keep this in mind. I'm leaning toward just getting a taxi. Maybe it's not as bad as it seems but it seems LHR is pretty disjointed when it comes to moving between terminals, at least if you're not used to it. I have only used T5 over the last 10 years. This upcoming trip is the first time I've had a need to switch terminals.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Raffles
You're an idiot if you accept the other HGI or Hilton T5 over the CP T4.
Ah, but the T5 Hilton has Mr. Todiwala' Kitchen, one of my favorite Indian restaurants. It would not be idiotic at all to make this choice.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...e_England.html
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
J) Connectivity to other terminals

See post 55 for access details to the hotel. Note that the hotel and terminal / carpark have different floor numbers to each other, so level 1 in Terminal 2 is for arrivals, and access to the hotel, this turns into level 2 once in the hotel.

For Terminal 2, you just go out of Reception on hotel level 2 through the walkway to the carpark, this turns into Terminal 2 arrivals level 1, and for departures you need to take a lift to level 5. This will take under 5 minutes, walking all the way.

For Terminal 3, there is a passageway through to the terminal. There are several ways to do it, but to keep it simple, go to hotel level 2, walkway through the car park, then take a lift down to the tube level. Now some lifts only go to level 0, but that's OK, there is a tube access, but the signage is bad in this scenario. Just walk a short distance alongside the lifts with the main Terminal 2 building on your right side and you will then see the escalator down to the tube, and with it the passageway to T3. At this point it is all well signed. 10 minutes, walking all the way.

For Terminal 4, best to use the rail service. Again there are several ways to do it but the best is to follow the instructions above for Terminal 3, but before you get there you will see signs for "Trains", and that's for the free Heathrow Express and TfL Rail services. Due to a potential 15 minute service interval, you best allow 30 minutes, but it may only take 15 minutes. Go to the special machines that will issue free tickets for the inter-terminal services.

For Terminal 5, best use the tube. Follow the directions for T3, however you are only going on one travelator to get to the tube (Underground) station, then a tube to T5. Today it took me 16 minutes from the hotel reception to the First Wing in T5, but that was with only a 4 minute wait for a tube. So you best allow 20 minutes or so. You need an Oyster card, contactless payment card or Google Pay, Apple Pay (etc) on your smartphone. It's a free service but these operate the gates for you.

Thanks. This is extremely useful information. I'll be staying there in a few weeks and was looking for precisely this information. A friend of mine took the Heathrow Express from T5 and ended up with a substantial walk to the hotel. He was also on the flight from Krakow but ended up there a lot later than you!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:59 pm

So, as you could probably tell from my posts here, our experience was far from smooth. In fact, it could be charitably described as a disaster. It was our last day in the country after a really tough year and, if there was one day for everything possible to go wrong, this was the wrong day for it. But the way in which it was handled by management, namely James Street (the GM), more than made up for it and it wasn't just the fact that he refunded me our night's stay and posted a rather significant amount of points to my Honors account. The sincerity with which he spoke about wanting to learn and grow from this experience was, honestly, quite touching. Customer service in the UK is almost a forgotten art (which he himself was quick to acknowledge, to my amazement!), but it's good to see it's not dead at least at this particular hotel. Definitely going to give these guys another shot next time I'm passing through.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
You can take the airport baggage carts to the end of the car park area, there are then the usual knee height steel hoop barriers at the entrance to the passageway over to HGI. At that doorway there were several standard hotel baggage trolleys. So you'd have to transfer the bags from HAL's trolley to the hotel trolley (which I guess you would have to do at some point anyway, I can't see them allowing HAL's trolleys to go to the room). I've amended post 55 to include a photo showing this.

That apart, it's step free for trolleys for both T2 and T3 Arrivals and Departures using the lift/elevator routes. T3 is approximately 650 metres from the hotel. For T4 and T5 they don't allow trolleys on the platforms of the rail or Underground stations for obvious safety reasons, so you would need to carry bags a few metres at the rail stations, and slightly further at the Underground stations. There are then trolleys available at the arriving stations.
Actually from the arrivals level I walked straight through the car park to the entry door (L2) of the hotel and ultimately all the way to the room with the LHR arrivals baggage trolley this is very convenient and almost identical to the Sofitel at T5 for seamless move between terminal and hotel with baggage.

Some observations I had no offer of water etc. At check in like I do at other HGIs there was a small bottle of water in the room however. The room design is very much on the larger side for HGI with a very spacious bathroom and would be easy to convert to another brand (Hilton or otherwise, HI would also be a perfect fit).

Despite the spacious room the wardrobe is open inline at other HGIs but the space has been used well to hold cabin baggage too. The TV is enormous but with relatively poor app inclusion (would be nice to see Netflix or Amazon Prime rather than just YouTube).

Breakfast at busy periods is utterly chaotic and unlike any other HGI I have tried the overall quality is OK but I faced long waits for multiple components of an English breakfast. I am now mulling whether it is better to take my luggage with me to collect a hire car or just pay for adjacent short stay parking and make my life easier.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is worth noting as well since I missed this before that Terminal and Car Park level 1 is the hotel level 2. So the hotel check in is actually at L1 of the terminal. There are some VERY small signs showing this but it isn't at all intuitive.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just had a very pleasant one-night stay on Sunday night. Thanks to the very helpful posts on this thread (including #55 on how to walk from Terminal 2 to the hotel and #113 on how to operate the air-conditioning) everything was as smooth as could be. We had dinner there (the buffet didn't seem particularly appealing, but the menu selection was fine) as well as breakfast. At 7:00 a.m. the restaurant was nearly deserted; but with two identical buffet lines, it was clear they expected more guests later on. All in all, a very positive experience.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by mglvrug
Just had a very pleasant one-night stay on Sunday night. Thanks to the very helpful posts on this thread (including #55 on how to walk from Terminal 2 to the hotel and #113 on how to operate the air-conditioning) everything was as smooth as could be. We had dinner there (the buffet didn't seem particularly appealing, but the menu selection was fine) as well as breakfast. At 7:00 a.m. the restaurant was nearly deserted; but with two identical buffet lines, it was clear they expected more guests later on. All in all, a very positive experience.
I was there at the same time and thoroughly enjoyed the view from my room!

Since I got in at about 22:00, I ordered a salad with salmon filet, which was delivered to my room in less than 30 minutes and was quite tasty and healthy. I skipped breakfast the next morning as I was checking out early.

I am very pleased with this new hotel which fits perfectly in my travel patterns.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasdou

Since I got in at about 22:00, I ordered a salad with salmon filet, which was delivered to my room in less than 30 minutes and was quite tasty and healthy. I skipped breakfast the next morning as I was checking out early.

I am very pleased with this new hotel which fits perfectly in my travel patterns.
i was there on Sunday late night too and had a fine view of a car park
Old Aug 3, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by jasdou

If I may ask, what room # was this? I will be flying in from GOT with an overnight at HGI T2.
Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Flyiboy
If I may ask, what room # was this? I will be flying in from GOT with an overnight at HGI T2.
Thanks
I'm guessing it's a "high floor with runway view room", but hopefully OP can confirm.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks
There is a floor plan above, but you want the highest floor, lowest door number, if using the App. So a room number below 14, with 1 being the best.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: AC SE
Thanks
This was room 9003. Just a normal King room. I’ve been upgraded to a higher floor so-called “Runway view” once on a different stay and the view was actually worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.