Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Washington DC {US-DC}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
For Diamonds that have stayed here. Can I get some details on the food credit given to Diamonds and possibly Golds? I hear $25...is that $50 if two in the room? Is it a per day thing, or once in the stay? Other comments or info? Looking forward to our 5 night stay in a month.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
For Diamonds that have stayed here. Can I get some details on the food credit given to Diamonds and possibly Golds? I hear $25...is that $50 if two in the room? Is it a per day thing, or once in the stay? Other comments or info? Looking forward to our 5 night stay in a month.
I believe Gold and Diamonds receive the same amount- $50/room reservation. I think it's per day, but not certain.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I believe Gold and Diamonds receive the same amount- $50/room reservation. I think it's per day, but not certain.
Does that stack with Sakura access? When I was there on a Sakura rate, I didn’t receive anything. Of course, given the club offerings, no idea what on earth I would use it for, but still interesting trivia I guess.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer

Does that stack with Sakura access? When I was there on a Sakura rate, I didn’t receive anything. Of course, given the club offerings, no idea what on earth I would use it for, but still interesting trivia I guess.
We agree...as good as the reviews and info are on the Sakura Club, we are not sure what we would use the food/beverage credit for, but we don't want to miss an opportunity if it exists. We are there for 5 nights, so, possibly, $250, is hard to pass up.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
$50 a day would be amazing, but hard-pressed to think that's the case. Would love to be wrong, obviously.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:12 pm

I called the Conrad to ask, and this is what they said.

1) Must book directly on Hilton site (obviously)
2) Gold or Diamonds receive the same benefit, comprising $25 of food and beverage credit per person, up to $50 per room per day
3) May be applied towards room service or Estuary (unclear if it can also be applied to the rooftop bar/dining)

Very generous! And Estuary is phenomenal. And it stacks with Sakura Club access because I received it when I was staying in a SC room.
Abidjan and BlueZebra like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Excellent news. Once again, thanks!
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer

IIRC, you stayed at the Conrad shortly after opening, before they implemented the elite F&B credit.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:22 pm

I called the Conrad to ask, and this is what they said.

1) Must book directly on Hilton site (obviously)
2) Gold or Diamonds receive the same benefit, comprising $25 of food and beverage credit per person, up to $50 per room per day
3) May be applied towards room service or Estuary (unclear if it can also be applied to the rooftop bar/dining)

Very generous! And Estuary is phenomenal. And it stacks with Sakura Club access because I received it when I was staying in a SC room.
Thank you very much!!! Excellent work iluvdoco!
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

IIRC, you stayed at the Conrad shortly after opening, before they implemented the elite F&B credit.
I did stay right after opening, absolutely, but presumably for honors compliance purposes they would have had some sort of breakfast. I just didnt think to ask. Either way, nice work confirming - this is a great benefit to have.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: United PremPlat; M LT Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire A
Two different AmEx FHR stays:
1. No discount for Sakura club for Diamonds
2. I am underwhelmed by the food quality in the restaurant - both times too salty for my taste
3. Double-dipping is now not-permitted - when booking with FHR, Diamond $30/person credit doesn't apply - seems reasonable as for 1 night my spending credit was $60 (breakfast) + $100 (food) + $60 (Diamond). Front Desk Manager made a last time exception for me for the 2nd visit. Actually the net room rate was less than the credit.
4. It is very easy to spend $60 for one person during breakfast
5. Strictly one cat room upgrade - no double dipping for AmEx FHR+Diamond combo

AmEx FHR Conrad DC benefits
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
Stayed this week as Diamond and proactively upgraded to a Corner King a couple of days out. Had selected my room with online check in and got a different one (I’m lost on the point of online check in as I never get the room I select).

Felt like a luxury hotel - great staff, beautiful room stocked with Shanghai Tang toiletries which I like. Room could’ve been tagged a Junior suite given floor space and the additional table and seating.

As as noted above, breakfast is expensive. 2 omelettes, coffee and a juice tallied up to $81 with tip. The $50 Diamond credit will appease the expense report. Admittedly one of the best hotel breakfasts I’ve had in years and the restaurant set up with open counter pass is good.

Overall a great stay and impressive hotel.
Abidjan and bhrubin like this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by illesus
Two different AmEx FHR stays:
1. No discount for Sakura club for Diamonds
2. I am underwhelmed by the food quality in the restaurant - both times too salty for my taste
3. Double-dipping is now not-permitted - when booking with FHR, Diamond $30/person credit doesn't apply - seems reasonable as for 1 night my spending credit was $60 (breakfast) + $100 (food) + $60 (Diamond). Front Desk Manager made a last time exception for me for the 2nd visit. Actually the net room rate was less than the credit.
4. It is very easy to spend $60 for one person during breakfast
5. Strictly one cat room upgrade - no double dipping for AmEx FHR+Diamond combo
Thanks for confirming this unfortunate development. Had thought about double dipping!
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by rrrrrich

As as noted above, breakfast is expensive. 2 omelettes, coffee and a juice tallied up to $81 with tip. The $50 Diamond credit will appease the expense report. Admittedly one of the best hotel breakfasts I’ve had in years and the restaurant set up with open counter pass is good.

Overall a great stay and impressive hotel.
In what world is any breakfast for 2 worth $81, assuming it doesn't come with a neck massage and someone to dry me off after my pre-breakfast workout shower? My goodness .
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmarge18
In what world is any breakfast for 2 worth $81, assuming it doesn't come with a neck massage and someone to dry me off after my pre-breakfast workout shower? My goodness .
$20 omelet + $7 juice + $5 coffee plus 10% DC tax plus a decent tip, x2. Pretty standard big city business hotel pricing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.