Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hew204
My anniversary date is April 12th (assuming my anniversary date is the same date as when my renewal fee was posted).
That is not necessarily a valid assumption. In my case, my anniversary date is 19th April and my annual fee is charged on 9th May.

In https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31048962-post784.html, I described how my resort credit reset before my annual fee was charged.
Old May 26, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Finkface
I just did a prepayment for a US hotel directly with the hotel - mainly to trigger the Amex Sync credit - but it is also a resort on the list. The hotel’s in-house reservations sent me a link directly and it seems to be processed by them (the actual property) although so far, it is only showing as Hilton Hotels and Resorts and not the name of the actual hotel. Fingers crossed it works for the resort credit as well. I wish there was some way to tell other than waiting for the credit to post.
Just to close the loop, the resort credit posted today. The stay has not happened yet but the direct prepayment did the trick.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
We are looking to head to Niseko next March. Just got thr Ascend earlier this year and want to confirm I could do the following:

Night 1 (free weekend night cert)
Night 2&3 ($170/night -- prepay will get $250 credit for 2019 resort credit)
Night 4&5 ($190/night for refundable rate will get another $250 against this when swiped in 2020)
Old May 27, 2019, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Finkface
Just to close the loop, the resort credit posted today. The stay has not happened yet but the direct prepayment did the trick.
Did you pre-pay for the entire stay or just a portion (e.g., more than $250)?
Old May 27, 2019, 7:50 am

In 2012, I had the Hilton HHonors American Express card. I now want to apply for the Hilton Honors American Express Ascend card.
Are these 2 cards considered different products for the purposes of receiving the welcome bonus?
Old May 27, 2019, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by joer1212
In 2012, I had the Hilton HHonors American Express card. I now want to apply for the Hilton Honors American Express Ascend card.
Are these 2 cards considered different products for the purposes of receiving the welcome bonus?
This thread is about the Aspire card resort credit. I'd recommend searching and/or asking over in the Amex forum or in the dedicated threads here on the Ascend/Aspire.

American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...d-surpass.html
Old May 27, 2019, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
This thread is about the Aspire card resort credit. I'd recommend searching and/or asking over in the Amex forum or in the dedicated threads here on the Ascend/Aspire.

American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...d-surpass.html
"page not found"
Old May 27, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Yes.
Old May 27, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
Did you pre-pay for the entire stay or just a portion (e.g., more than $250)?
Just $250. Will pay the balance at checkout. It was not a pre-paid rate. As I said, I did it to trigger the $50 Amex credit before May 30 because the stay starts May 31 but I didn’t want to do it through Hilton and lose the resort credit.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As long as you never had a Surpass card, since the terms say:

"Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card or the Hilton Honors Surpass Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility."

Last edited by sdsearch; May 27, 2019 at 8:36 pm
Old May 27, 2019, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
"page not found"
Links work fine for me.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:31 am

I know the $250 credit is renewed every cardmember year, but in this case, what exactly is the cardmember year?

My wife applied for Surpass a few years ago on 5/31. After a year, she downgraded to free Hilton card. On 12/2/18, she upgraded to Aspire and was charged 5 months of the annual fee January 2019. So does the $250 renew on 5/31? 12/2? Or the date in January she was charged the annual fee? She used her credit late April to early May.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:19 pm

I booked a Honor Discount rate for Las Vegas ELARA hotel for Dec. My anniversary date is Oct 2019, But now this hotel charge me the full price for deposit, posted on May 30th. So, when I check in in Dec, if they dont refund my deposit and refuse to re-charge me, then that means I wont get the $250 resort credit.

I remembered last year, I booked the hotel/resort in Niagara Fall Double Tree, they didnt charge deposit and they charge me when I check out.

Is the rule changed?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Change To Resort Credit On Aspire (DoC)

Summary: Advance purchase reservations will no longer count for resort credit effective August 1.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by toni8284
I booked a Honor Discount rate for Las Vegas ELARA hotel for Dec. My anniversary date is Oct 2019, But now this hotel charge me the full price for deposit, posted on May 30th. So, when I check in in Dec, if they dont refund my deposit and refuse to re-charge me, then that means I wont get the $250 resort credit.

I remembered last year, I booked the hotel/resort in Niagara Fall Double Tree, they didnt charge deposit and they charge me when I check out.

Is the rule changed?
These are two different hotels with different rates and different "rules".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.