Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:21 pm

Followup to this: I had a conversation with an AMEX rep (via chat so there's a written record of it) where I was told that this property does count towards the $250 credit. But, yes, it's closing soon--end of January 2019 now.

Originally Posted by Adam1222
The only property that folks have reported as triggering the credit that is not on the list is in Waikiki. The search function you are discussing is irrelevant, as it is both overinclusive and underinclusive with the list of qualifying hotels.
Others have suggested there may be other properties, but refuse to provide specifics. But even if individuals have had luck in the past, I would not assume that any property that is not on the list of eligible properties would trigger the credit.
(Also note this particular property is closing is closing in 10 days.)
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by teddy25

have multiple semi flex reservation, but none of them have been charged. Not sure when the will be charging them.
Have they been charged yet? Just booked a HH semi-flex as well with no charge yet. The booking process did clearly say $0 will be charged today along the lines of "book now pay later"

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I had a charge for my stay at Waldorf Astoria La Quinta resort on 10/29, but the $250 resort credit has not been posted after almost 20 days. ($70 credit from Amex offer did post rather quickly a few days after....) I read here a lot of people got the $250 credit posted a few days after the charge was posted. I chatted and called Amex aspire card customer service, but they all use the standard time frame of 8-12 weeks to try to make me wait.

What is my option? I have a feeling that if the credit did not post a few days after the charge, it is never gonna post.
You need to clarify which rate you booked as Advanced Purchase won't credit as previously mentioned in this thread.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by avatarx
Does anyone know if HONORS DICSOUNT SEMI-FLEX rate triggers the $250 resort credit? It is not advanced pay but a little bit different from HONORS DISCOUNT rate. SEMI-FLEX rate says "Change or cancel up to 5 days before arrival. Pay when you stay. Hilton Honors members only" compared to 3 days before arrival for HONORS DISCOUNT rate.

Has anyone booked HONORS DICSOUNT SEMI-FLEX and received the $250 resort credit?
Originally Posted by Ziron

Yes and I received a credit. Booked one night at Hilton FLL Beach Resort using this rate. The $162.03 nightly rate was charged to my card immediately after booking as a deposit (but not the taxes nor resort fee, just the nightly rate - never seen pre-stay charges like this on a flexible rate before fwiw), with the offsetting $162.03 credit posting shortly thereafter. Assuming when the other charges hit at checkout the rest of the credit will hit.
Digging a bit deeper with a mock booking, the same HH semi-flex rate doesn't say "book now pay later" at this resort like it does with others. So it seems certain resorts will take a deposit immediately like this Hilton FLL Beach Resort.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:06 pm

I had a charge for my stay at Waldorf Astoria La Quinta resort on 10/29, but the $250 resort credit has not been posted after almost 20 days. ($70 credit from Amex offer did post rather quickly a few days after....) I read here a lot of people got the $250 credit posted a few days after the charge was posted. I chatted and called Amex aspire card customer service, but they all use the standard time frame of 8-12 weeks to try to make me wait.

What is my option? I have a feeling that if the credit did not post a few days after the charge, it is never gonna post.
I think your feeling is right. I was in the exact same situation, and had to chat once it hit the 8 week mark for the rep to manually apply the credit. Their system seems to be unreliable, so I'd suggest just be patient and use online chat later.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by ReachMoon
It posted as below, not Advanced purchase stated

HILTON TOKYO BAY
kÎæi] c[zÈÇ
ubÎu 1-8
URAYASU
279-0031
JAPAN
Foreign Spend Amount:XX,XXX JAPANESE YEN
Additional Information: LODGINGLODGING
Reference: XXXXXXXXXX1361
Category: Travel - Lodging
How fast did Tokyo Bay charge you or have it posted after making the reservation? I'm cutting it close to the anniversary deadline (less than a week) and hoping the AP would charge immediately for a stay 6 months out, but nothing yet.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
Have they been charged yet? Just booked a HH semi-flex as well with no charge yet. The booking process did clearly say $0 will be charged today along the lines of "book now pay later"

You need to clarify which rate you booked as Advanced Purchase won't credit as previously mentioned in this thread.
It is the regular rack rate (best available rate) paid at checkout. I booked with virtuoso from classic travel.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by ezak
I think your feeling is right. I was in the exact same situation, and had to chat once it hit the 8 week mark for the rep to manually apply the credit. Their system seems to be unreliable, so I'd suggest just be patient and use online chat later.
Did the chat agent apply the credit right away? Or did he/she simply open a case for a back-end team to investigate the problem (this would take longer time for them to post the credit due to the time required to investigate).... ???
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
I did an advance purchase for Hilton Hawaiian Village on 09-3 no credit back yet
Old Nov 25, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
$250 credit on reward booking

I have a five night stay at a Waldorf resort that was booked entirely on points. If I spend $250 in food and drink, will I receive the $250 credit?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:21 pm

Did the chat agent apply the credit right away? Or did he/she simply open a case for a back-end team to investigate the problem (this would take longer time for them to post the credit due to the time required to investigate).... ???
The agent did apply the credit right away. It took a day or two to appear on my activity, but there didn't seem to be further investigation.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Moflav
I have a five night stay at a Waldorf resort that was booked entirely on points. If I spend $250 in food and drink, will I receive the $250 credit?
It should as long as they are charged to the room.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:45 pm

Hi can someone tell me if the credit can work on other property other than the ones that are listed on the resort site in the wiki?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Moflav
Yes, if the resort is on the list of hotels where the credit applies and the food and drink are charged to the room.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flybie
Hi can someone tell me if the credit can work on other property other than the ones that are listed on the resort site in the wiki?
No, it can't.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:59 am

The chat agent kept telling me to wait until the 8-week time mark. They're telling me that the Hilton will have to verify the charge and initiate the statement credit (i.e. Hilton is the one who provides the credit, not American Express)... is this how it works for $250 resort credit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.