Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Does room upgrade come with benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does room upgrade come with benefits?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:43 am

I was upgraded to executive club with lounge access as HHG at Hilton PJ in December '17.

So you should get it for sure.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by angelicious
HHD, in case you are wondering. Don't assume that I'm not HHD just because I haven't update my profile. Just don't think it's necessary to do so. Most of the time, I lurk around. In case anyone is wondering, the staff got it wrong. The front office manager has resolved this matter for me.
You posed a question to the forum asking for advice and left out the most important piece of information regarding your Hilton status. Access to the Executive Lounge at Hilton properties as a result of an unpaid 'Executive room upgrade' is conditional on your status.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
only entitled if HHG or HHD. Non elites do not get lounge unless originally included in booked room or guest pays upsell

same applies if upgraded to a top suite withdescription text includes butler/limo-to-airport perks, if upgraded (even with status) not given.
Where does it say that upgrade to higher room type does not give all benefits to average Joe (non Gold or Diamond)?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Where does it say that upgrade to higher room type does not give all benefits to average Joe (non Gold or Diamond)?
Did you read the quoted text in post #10? Now I do believe it's bad form for the property to not grant access to anyone upgraded to a lounge floor room for whatever reason, and know there are some that do regardless.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Did you read the quoted text in post #10? Now I do believe it's bad form for the property to not grant access to anyone upgraded to a lounge floor room for whatever reason, and know there are some that do regardless.
As upgrades are not a benefit for people less than Gold they would probably be paying for the upgrade and by paying they would gain the access. This is about free upgrades.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:01 pm

HHD, in case you are wondering. Don't assume that I'm not HHD just because I haven't update my profile. Just don't think it's necessary to do so. Most of the time, I lurk around. In case anyone is wondering, the staff got it wrong. The front office manager has resolved this matter for me.
The whole context has now changed. As a Diamond, you and 1 guest are granted Lounge access regardless of room type if you booked through the Hilton channels. This is totally clear and would have avoided all the other debates. If the FD missed it, mentioning your status would have quickly clear things up too (usually)
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by PayItForward
The whole context has now changed. As a Diamond, you and 1 guest are granted Lounge access regardless of room type if you booked through the Hilton channels. This is totally clear and would have avoided all the other debates. If the FD missed it, mentioning your status would have quickly clear things up too (usually)
I find it hard to believe anyone holding Diamond status would not be aware of the lounge benefit and agree leaving that out is likely the most important part.

Lesson for anyone with status is knowing your published benefits as some hotels seam to change FD staff almost as fast as guests which a lot of the time will not know most things when it comes to the Honors program and sometimes will not know or care what is required to achieve different levels.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Baze
As upgrades are not a benefit for people less than Gold they would probably be paying for the upgrade and by paying they would gain the access. This is about free upgrades.
Properties are free to upgrade anyone they wish regardless of belonging to any loyalty program. It may be done as a service recovery elsewhere on-site or due to issues with the original room assignment. If you end up in a executive club room then lounge access should be granted as well.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
If you are a diamond, unless it is a WA, then your room type won't matter for lounge access. Even if you have the lowest level room in the place and aren't upgraded as a Diamond you are eligible for access.

If you are gold and upgraded to a room that has lounge access then you should also be given lounge access. If someone isn't gold or diamond and is upgraded to an exec room (though as hard as upgrades are for diamonds to get I don't know how a silver or non-status would score an upgrade) then the hotel is correct and they don't have to give the benefit.
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
no assumption is made, just upgrade position clarified that unless one is HH elite room upgrade to exec does not get associated lounge access (and yes i know hhd's get lounge anyway)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.