Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:21 pm

Yup, and you'd hope for that category to be full when you arrive so they have to upgrade you to the next highest and get something even better.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Hey guys,

Just wondering, how much is the airport to hotel speed boat transfer per person? I assume you have to pay that on a points booking? Alternatively, especially when you are staying i.e. at the Conrad before and wanna go to the WA, you can take a private boat transfer for 580 USD as alice50734 has mentioned, can't you?
What's the best/cheapest way to combine a week at the Conrad and a week at the WA?

Did anyone inquire regarding half or full board there? How much on top of the breakfast rate are they charging for it?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by flo_147
Hey guys,

Just wondering, how much is the airport to hotel speed boat transfer per person? I assume you have to pay that on a points booking? Alternatively, especially when you are staying i.e. at the Conrad before and wanna go to the WA, you can take a private boat transfer for 580 USD as alice50734 has mentioned, can't you?
What's the best/cheapest way to combine a week at the Conrad and a week at the WA?
Check out www.atolltransfer.com its charged per nautical mile

EDIT: corrected the link

Last edited by htran88; Apr 7, 2019 at 9:39 am
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
Think the website is actually: https://www.atolltransfer.com
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Scotland
Think the website is actually: https://www.atolltransfer.com
Either will work. It's not necessary to have http or https at the beginning.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Thx guys for the info. So a transfer from the Conrad to the WA should be 5-600 usd for 2 right?

Is the hotel boat from the airport to the WA complimentary?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Thx guys for the info. So a transfer from the Conrad to the WA should be 5-600 usd for 2 right?

The hotel boat from the airport is $370++ roundtrip per person.

Last edited by sydneyflyer12; Apr 7, 2019 at 2:42 pm
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Either will work. It's not necessary to have http or https at the beginning.
...or WWW.

TD
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:21 am

Actually there are some websites where the www is necessary.

LOL! POTW!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:10 pm

Added to the website today...

A compulsory Christmas Eve Gala Dinner supplement of US$488++ per adult and US$150++ per child applies for stays on 24 December 2019. A compulsory New Year's Eve Dinner supplement of US$800++ per adult and US$150++ per child applies for stays on 31 December 2019.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:03 pm

MF reminds himself to avoid said dates. Don't like being involuntarily slaughtered.....
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
The hotel boat from the airport is $370++ roundtrip per person.
It is actually $350USD++ EACH WAY....from my reservation....

To our hotel: Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is just a 30-minute private yacht ride from Velana Male International Airport, and can be reached 24 hours a day. Upon entering the airport arrivals hall, you will be met by a member of the resort Concierge team who will accompany you to your yacht transfer and assist you in all aspects of your arrival. The Concierge team will also provide this service upon departure at the end of your stay.

A shared transfer on the resort's private yacht is charged at US$350 + taxes and service per person per way. This charge will be added to your total bill. Please e-mail [email protected] for more information or to arrange your transfer.

From Velana International Airport: 30 minute yacht ride from Velana Male International Airport (24 km). Exit Airport terminal, walk distance of 100 meters to the jetty

Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

It is actually $350USD++ EACH WAY....from my reservation....

To our hotel: Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is just a 30-minute private yacht ride from Velana Male International Airport, and can be reached 24 hours a day. Upon entering the airport arrivals hall, you will be met by a member of the resort Concierge team who will accompany you to your yacht transfer and assist you in all aspects of your arrival. The Concierge team will also provide this service upon departure at the end of your stay.

A shared transfer on the resort's private yacht is charged at US$350 + taxes and service per person per way. This charge will be added to your total bill. Please e-mail [email protected] for more information or to arrange your transfer.

From Velana International Airport: 30 minute yacht ride from Velana Male International Airport (24 km). Exit Airport terminal, walk distance of 100 meters to the jetty

Charging as much for a 30 min "yacht" ride as the StR charges for a 45 min seaplane transfer is certainly an interesting pricing strategy...
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:37 am

I was this close to booking for Christmas. Thank the lord I didn’t book it.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Charging as much for a 30 min "yacht" ride as the StR charges for a 45 min seaplane transfer is certainly an interesting pricing strategy...
I wonder how long the maximum wait would be for a transfer as I've seen no mention of a lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.