Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by headforflights
Do you know anyghing about kids stay under 12 will be free of charge like at Conrad Rangali?
you will need to be in a 2 bedroom villa.
Has anyone had any experience with upgrading point stays? I assume no upgrades for diamond members, but what about paid upgrades?

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 30, 2019 at 12:13 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NYC_1
Has anyone had any experience with upgrading point stays? I assume no upgrades for diamond members, but what about paid upgrades?
Paid upgrades have been reported up-thread, and also now in the Wiki.

However; FYI

Oct 2019
Reef Villa $200++
OWV $400++
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
It sounds like some people are able to confirm paid upgrades in advance. References upthread to $200 reef villa upgrades...

Once we start getting real trip reports after the property opens, we'll learn more about whether any Diamond upgrading happens. Guessing no, but the base villa looks so bomb I'm not sure I'm all that bothered by it.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:24 pm

July 2019

King Grand Beach – US$200+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
King Grand Reef - US$400+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
King Grand Overwater - US$600+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
Two Bedroom Beach - US$2000+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
Two Bedroom Grand Beach - US$2200+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
Two Bedroom Reef - US$2200+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
Two Bedroom Overwater - US$2400+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night

We chose to split our time in the Beach and Reef. Might go OW when we get there and check things out. But we have done the pontoon OW “thing” before. The Reef is overwater as well so did not think the extra $200 over the Reef made sense for us.

TD

Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
It sounds like some people are able to confirm paid upgrades in advance. References upthread to $200 reef villa upgrades...

Once we start getting real trip reports after the property opens, we'll learn more about whether any Diamond upgrading happens. Guessing no, but the base villa looks so bomb I'm not sure I'm all that bothered by it.
Thanks.

I’m currently booked nights 1-5 on points, night 7 on a free night certificate and planning to book night 6 with cash for a Grand OWV. I will report back on how this turns out.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:37 pm

you will need to be in a 2 bedroom villa.
I've received similar responses. The upgrade fee from a standard reward that was quoted to me was $2K per night into the 2 bed villa.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:20 am

Just for the record so Hilton doesn't play the coconut shell game again: The 2 standard room types are bookable on 120K points for 3 adults in 1 room. When I booked a month ago I had to manually add my kid (the third person in the room) onto the "additional guests" section to push the 120k points booking through. Now I see that is not even necessary anymore. This is a record in case they do some shifty stuff in the future (also per expedia/hotels.com these rooms fit 3 adults) - see pic by TravelerDave.

Last edited by scwam; Mar 8, 2019 at 1:32 am
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:01 am
Suspended

so based on this 1 kid in Villa is free....
I wonder if it will be also free for 2 kids under 12 ....
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:55 am

3 human bodies max.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:53 am

They say they have a $6 per person per day green tax. But my original 2 person reservation clearly has $6 per day per room. When we did the cash upgrade I added my 10 year old daughter to the reservation and they mentioned the added $6 person charge.

TD
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by scwam
3 human bodies max.
I’ve been quoted I can have two kids which will be 3 and 1 at arrival in standard room on points, maybe because there young and the 1year old will be in a crib
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by sambo150

I’ve been quoted I can have two kids which will be 3 and 1 at arrival in standard room on points, maybe because there young and the 1year old will be in a crib

Yes, I saw that too. Not sure if on Hilton or a third party booking site. But it mentioned 3 people and crib upon request making it vague if 4 are allowed. But the point here is one month ago, you couldn't book 2 adults + a child on points for 120k...instead, you were required to pay 655k. You had to book 2 max, or add the 3rd body on 'additional guest' or through phone reservation to trick their devious scheme from charging 655k. Who in here already paid 655k points to have their wife and 1-year-old in the room?

Last edited by scwam; Mar 8, 2019 at 8:23 am
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by scwam
Yes, I saw that too. Not sure if on Hilton or a third party booking site. But it mentioned 3 people and crib upon request making it vague if 4 are allowed. But the point here is one month ago, you couldn't book 2 adults + a child on points for 120k...instead, you were required to pay 655k. You had to book 2 max, or add the 3rd body on 'additional guest' or through phone reservation to trick their devious scheme from charging 655k. Who in here already paid 655k points to have their wife and 1-year-old in the room?
To get around that I just booked five 120K night rooms for 600K per night. Saved 55K a night. And all 3 of us get our own place. Thinking of bringing both our Labs since we have 2 extra rooms.

TD
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
3 persons max for a reward room? This property is obviously not wanting families with kids there.......
Old Mar 8, 2019, 12:17 pm

At this point this property doesn't even want guests without kids there ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.