Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I recently took the airport limousine bus to return to Haneda. A reservation is required. As you noted, Hilton is the first pick up spot, then it spent about 30 minutes driving around to other hotels before heading to the airport. Cost is 1,440 yen, which I was able to add to the hotel bill. However I would take the bus again, as I found it convenient compared to the train.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I recently took the airport limousine bus to return to Haneda. A reservation is required. As you noted, Hilton is the first pick up spot, then it spent about 30 minutes driving around to other hotels before heading to the airport. Cost is 1,440 yen, which I was able to add to the hotel bill. However I would take the bus again, as I found it convenient compared to the train.
Do you make the reservation at the hotel? and how far in advance does it need to be? I was thinking of taking the airport limousine from Haneda to the hotel. Also is the luggage in your possession or stowed away out of sight?
Old May 10, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by dascc
Do you make the reservation at the hotel? and how far in advance does it need to be? I was thinking of taking the airport limousine from Haneda to the hotel. Also is the luggage in your possession or stowed away out of sight?
I made the airport bus reservation the night before at the concierge desk area. It was a full size bus and was not full (early morning). Luggage is placed in compartment underneath.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
When I landed at NRT last year, I just rocked up at the Friendly Airport Limousine ticket desk and asked for a ticket to the Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku. No problems.

Luggage is stored under the bus. They'll give you a claim check, which the hotel doorman will take from you when the bus arrives and bring your bags in. Or at least, that's what happened with me.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Coming from Haneda, just go to one of the kiosks on the same floor as International arrivals. Straight out from customs exit and on the right before you reach the Pasmo machines and Keikyu Line gates.

Do do make your reservation going back to Haneda as soon as you have a good idea of when you'd like to leave. I've been out of luck the day before and took a less optimal time. I've also been able to walk up and change to an immediately departing time slot too so YMMV.

The driver and porters are pretty deligent about matching your baggage receipts to luggage at each stop (like needing to show one for each piece, not just verbally claim my luggage).
Old May 10, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They Hilton check in desk agents handed me air airport limousine bus schedule on arrival and encouraged me to reserve the seat in advance. I just went down to the front desk a few days before my flight and booked it and they charged it to my room.
Old May 11, 2017, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I made the airport bus reservation the night before at the concierge desk area. It was a full size bus and was not full (early morning). Luggage is placed in compartment underneath.
I stay there routinely and wanted to share a contrasting experience. On rare occasions, they can sell out fast. Last year, for instance, I called the concierge upon arrival (a couple of days before my departure), and it was all full. So, I had to take an earlier bus.

I don't think Hilton being the first stop makes any difference because the seats will still be filled just the same if customers staying at other hotels (i.e., later stops) reserve seats earlier than you do.

One word of caution about the luggage. They will handle everything from loading to unloading and you really won't have to lift a finger (and, just to be clear, they won't accept tips!), but be sure to keep the slips you get. They WILL ask you to present the slips to collect your luggage, and I have seen customers being asked to remain on board until the last stop to collect the luggage because they couldn't produce the slips.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by oh_lol
What makes it difficult?
I'd be delighted to answer! If you are going to rely on public transportation (and, in Tokyo, it would be silly not to...not just because the system is so reliable and efficient but also because driving/cabs will take far too long!), you are likely to utilize the JR lines.

Hilton Tokyo in Shinjuku runs shuttles to multiple train lines, including JR, ensuring easy access to pretty much anywhere in Tokyo and beyond.

Hilton Tokyo Odaiba, by contrast, offers no direct access to JR. There is a non-JR train stop right in front of the hotel (you won't even need an umbrella!), and it's a quick 10-minutes-or-so ride to Shimbashi, where you can transfer to JR w/ ease. [If the traffic doesn't look too bad on Google Maps, I have taken a cab from the hotel to Shiodome, Ginza, Shimbashi, etc., and it's a relatively quick ride = 20ish minutes, under JPY2,500/USD22, IIRC.]

Airport access to/from both NRT or HND is MUCH faster and smoother for Hilton Tokyo Odaiba. It's closer to both airports, and the limousine bus does not get as crowded.

Odaiba is surrounded by water, and there are a lot of trees and park space--and the Tokyo skyline view is amazing at night. There is a running/bike path, as well, and there are multiple shopping centers and restaurants (catering to all market segments/budget levels), including an outlet mall. But you won't be able to walk to any of the major tourist attractions. Hilton Shinjuku, by contrast, is within walking distance of some of the major tourist attractions--including the Shinjuku shopping district.

So, if you don't mind the added transfer process to JR, Hilton Tokyo Odaiba is HIGHLY recommended.
Old May 11, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by nyc10036
One word of caution about the luggage. They will handle everything from loading to unloading and you really won't have to lift a finger (and, just to be clear, they won't accept tips!), but be sure to keep the slips you get. They WILL ask you to present the slips to collect your luggage, and I have seen customers being asked to remain on board until the last stop to collect the luggage because they couldn't produce the slips.
There's also a hard limit of 2 pieces of luggage underneath per person. Additional pieces will need to be carried onboard. There's a very small rack above the seat as I recall or you'll pretty much have to hold it on your lap if the bus is crowded.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by oh_lol
What makes it difficult?
If the Tokyo Big Sight (a huge convention center) has an event letting out, the Yurikamome (automated train) can be very crowded. We had the pleasure of being crammed into the train after taking my kids to an anime event last year. They had fun, and it turned out to be one of the highlights of the trip.
Old May 12, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
FWIW I stayed at the Hyatt (almost across the road) and they are on a different bus line to the Hilton. If the Hilton bus is full the reception may be able to get you on the Hyatt bus. It is a five minute walk between the two hotels.
Old May 12, 2017, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
FWIW I stayed at the Hyatt (almost across the road) and they are on a different bus line to the Hilton. If the Hilton bus is full the reception may be able to get you on the Hyatt bus. It is a five minute walk between the two hotels.

Oddly, Hyatt and Hilton, located across the street from each other, generally appear to be on different limousine bus routes FROM the airport. But, when I take the bus TO the airport from Hilton, we always seem to stop at Hyatt. So, the trick suggested here might not work...

I think the five-minute walk estimate is an accurate one, although I do find it less than pleasant to get to Hilton from Hyatt because Hyatt's "entry sequence" makes it cumbersome to exit toward Hilton and it's harder than it may seem to stroll your luggage downhill.
Old May 12, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
I'd be delighted to answer!
Thank you for the reply!
nyc10036 likes this.
Old May 13, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Oddly, Hyatt and Hilton, located across the street from each other, generally appear to be on different limousine bus routes FROM the airport. But, when I take the bus TO the airport from Hilton, we always seem to stop at Hyatt. So, the trick suggested here might not work...

I think the five-minute walk estimate is an accurate one, although I do find it less than pleasant to get to Hilton from Hyatt because Hyatt's "entry sequence" makes it cumbersome to exit toward Hilton and it's harder than it may seem to stroll your luggage downhill.
it must have changed since I stayed as the Hilton reception told me their bus schedule was fully booked but reserved me a seat on the Hyatt bus at the time I wanted. I wandered over to the lobby of the Hyatt to stumbled onto a full church wedding with pews, a priest and pulpit, a small orchestra and choir as well as guests aplenty. It seemed a little - public? For such an event; that's why the Hilton/Hyatt thing stuck in my mind as I have a photo of the event.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
There are two Hyatts, H. Regency across the street and Park Hyatt a bit further. The same airport limousine bus serves Hilton and Park Hyatt but H. Regency must be on another route.

I think it's worth booking the bus as soon as you know which one you want to take. In the morning there's a limited service and you don't want to end up on a bus which is way too early and then spend hours at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.