Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

5K bonus points for 2 stays charged to Hilton branded Visa/Amex by 12/31/2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kpbadger
Register with AMEX: HiltonHonors.com/Amex5k
Register with Citi Visa: HiltonHonors.com/Citi5k

Earn 5,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points when you complete two stays using your Card at any participating hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio from October 1, 2017 until December 31, 2017.
Print Wikipost

5K bonus points for 2 stays charged to Hilton branded Visa/Amex by 12/31/2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
I registered this morning and received confirmation on their site. However, I haven't received a confirmation email as I have for other promos nor does the offer show when I click the "View Promotions" button on the site. I already had 2 stays booked and rebooking would cost me about $80 currently.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by lennon
I registered this morning and received confirmation on their site. However, I haven't received a confirmation email as I have for other promos nor does the offer show when I click the "View Promotions" button on the site. I already had 2 stays booked and rebooking would cost me about $80 currently.
This is why we desperately need Lauren to confirm that the unusual language of "register, THEN book" is for real. I'm not going to rebook for $80 more, but I'll definitely take advantage if I don't have to do that.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 7:43 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
She told me she had to research it and would get back to me. If she doesn't post here, I'll post what she tells me.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
This is why we desperately need Lauren to confirm that the unusual language of "register, THEN book" is for real. I'm not going to rebook for $80 more, but I'll definitely take advantage if I don't have to do that.
I desperately need 5k massively devalued points!
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It would be great to know if only new bookings are eligible for this promo. The terms do not state this and in the past I believe also bookings made prior to registration were eligible.

So if someone could report in this thread after making 2 stays booked prior to registering for the promo?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
It would be great to know if only new bookings are eligible for this promo. The terms do not state this and in the past I believe also bookings made prior to registration were eligible.

So if someone could report in this thread after making 2 stays booked prior to registering for the promo?
The terms DO state this..."register, THEN book".

@ BRL
Old Oct 3, 2017, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Yeah I was pretty excited about this, then I remembered that 5K points is $25.

Still better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:35 pm

Is it the usual deal where if you stay on points, you have to charge some incidental things to your visa/amex for each of the 2 stays?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
In this case, perhaps, as there might need an actual Visa charge for the bonus to kick In?
Old Oct 3, 2017, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
+1 .... and in my case, since ALL of my remaining 2017 stays will be overseas, using the Amex means I will get dinged with FX conversion charges. Non merci
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Just checked the hotel I am staying in this weekend. King rooms became available and are about $10 lower than originally booked. This and the promo bring my nightly rate down to about $130/night in the Boston area. I'll take it.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:41 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

This is what Lauren PM'ed me

1) Do reward stays count?
Yes

2) Do only reservations made after registering for the promo count for the bonus, or will all stays so long as you are registered prior to check-in?
The promotion only counts for stays checked in after you enrolled in the promotion.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by cblaisd

Yes

The promotion only counts for stays checked in after you enrolled in the promotion.
Does this answer the question of whether stays booked before enrolling count?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cblaisd

I find this response to be confusing. Does she mean stays RESERVED after enrollment or checked in after enrollment? Big differrence.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:18 am

I've asked her if she would post here.

I've also suggested more than once that before Hilton does a promo, they ought to use a subset of Hilton FT'ers as the focus group for vetting the T&Cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.