Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2024, 1:53 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by bryanb
If I'm a Diamond member on a paid stay for 2 adults, I'm assuming I'll have $85 in food and beverage credit to spend per night?
That is, $35 from paying the "destination charge" plus $50 as an elite benefit?

Trying to decide if it's worth making the most of this $85. While this does sound exciting, the last time I was at this hotel I found the breakfast offerings to be very expensive, very ordinary, and very mediocre. I had somehow imagined the Conrad to be one of the top brands and would at least have high quality food. I ended up regretting not just walking a block or two for a filling bacon egg and cheese on a fresh bagel for 1/4 of the price of the hotel's breakfast.

To be fair, that was in December 2021 when things were still not quite normal. Hopefully this has improved?
Very well said add to that fruit flies on the buffet and few eating there based on quality
and then lack of turnover which takes it down another few notches
Had better in airport hotels for far less and that was in 2023
Old Feb 29, 2024, 11:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Very well said add to that fruit flies on the buffet and few eating there based on quality
and then lack of turnover which takes it down another few notches
Had better in airport hotels for far less and that was in 2023
OK that sounds like a considerably worse experience than I had. This is inexcusable for the hotel. The main redeeming quality is the fantastic rooms, which are suites and large by NYC standards. But if you're going to charge $50 for a buffet or an American breakfast, it better be fantastic. Especially when there are very good options just steps away in any direction.

Originally Posted by Fly613
I called the front desk right away and they said it's for portage fee. I asked what it is and the lady answers: 'didnt you send a bell boy to buy 10 items for you'? I said no.

​​
That is just straight up theft. I hope the hotel took immediate action.
FAA1996 and Fly613 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta, HH Diamond, Marriott, AA Gold
I was not overly impressed with this hotel. First there really isn’t a lobby, just a front desk and a very few places to sit. The hallways are dark but my room / suite was large with lots of light. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The views vary depending on the direction room faces and the higher floors will provide a better view.

During check in there was only one person at the front desk and I had to wait a few minutes. Then I was incorrectly told my Food & Beverage Credit was $50. I asked later and was told the correct amount was only $25.

Breakfast was very good but I did not see the menu outside the restaurant. In summary the cold buffet breakfast was $25 and the hot buffet was $50 before tax and tip. There are a few a la carte choices.

Housekeeping knocked at 10:30 AM wanting to clean the room but checkout is 12 Noon. I must have missed finding the In-Room Espresso Machine and the Complimentary Beverage listed on the website. The clock by the bed had the wrong time, but to be fair it was only off by about 10 minutes. Fire Exit plan in the room was for the 21st floor but my room was on the 18th. More concerning was the exit path indicated was different from the hallway map.

I only stayed for one night using a Free One Night Certificate and since I was upgraded from a Deluxe Room to a City View Junior Suite. So I really did not want to complain. However, if I was paying the listed rates; I would not have been very happy. I just didn’t feel that I was staying at a luxury hotel.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by nikelg
I was not overly impressed with this hotel. First there really isn’t a lobby, just a front desk and a very few places to sit. The hallways are dark but my room / suite was large with lots of light. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The views vary depending on the direction room faces and the higher floors will provide a better view.

During check in there was only one person at the front desk and I had to wait a few minutes. Then I was incorrectly told my Food & Beverage Credit was $50. I asked later and was told the correct amount was only $25.

Breakfast was very good but I did not see the menu outside the restaurant. In summary the cold buffet breakfast was $25 and the hot buffet was $50 before tax and tip. There are a few a la carte choices.

Housekeeping knocked at 10:30 AM wanting to clean the room but checkout is 12 Noon. I must have missed finding the In-Room Espresso Machine and the Complimentary Beverage listed on the website. The clock by the bed had the wrong time, but to be fair it was only off by about 10 minutes. Fire Exit plan in the room was for the 21st floor but my room was on the 18th. More concerning was the exit path indicated was different from the hallway map.

I only stayed for one night using a Free One Night Certificate and since I was upgraded from a Deluxe Room to a City View Junior Suite. So I really did not want to complain. However, if I was paying the listed rates; I would not have been very happy. I just didn’t feel that I was staying at a luxury hotel.
For midtown Manhattan it's a nice hotel. At the hotels in the area are tight on space, so I'm happy with what I get.

If you want a nicer hotel, the downtown location I find much nicer and friendlier. Plus the water views are much nicer than the city views
Old Mar 20, 2024, 3:05 pm

Got upgraded to a king suite here for this week, lots of floors available to pick from. Any recommendations on floors to avoid or to see if are available?
It looks like some corner rooms are available so might just go for those
Old Mar 20, 2024, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by gammacentauri
Got upgraded to a king suite here for this week, lots of floors available to pick from. Any recommendations on floors to avoid or to see if are available?
It looks like some corner rooms are available so might just go for those
The corner rooms are nice (more windows). I think the preference for almost any Manhattan hotel is choose the highest floor possible. Due to the shadows from neighboring buildings, it can get really dark and gloomy on the lower floors.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 6:53 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by milespoints
The corner rooms are nice (more windows). I think the preference for almost any Manhattan hotel is choose the highest floor possible. Due to the shadows from neighboring buildings, it can get really dark and gloomy on the lower floors.
Not to mention noisy even worse
milespoints likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 1:29 pm

Any idea why standard awards are now totally blacked out at this property?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by jbandy10
I see standard award for tonight

Next week it has for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Friday

The next week has Sunday, Monday and Wednesday
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Schnit
I see standard award for tonight

Next week it has for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Friday

The next week has Sunday, Monday and Wednesday
look at the rest of the calendar. Specifically, the rest of the year. All gone.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 9:11 am

look at the rest of the calendar. Specifically, the rest of the year. All gone.
I see. After June there are no points bookings at all, not just standard award
Old Apr 16, 2024, 7:47 am

According to a comment on this Reddit post, the Conrad midtown is leaving the Hilton chain in June:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Hilton/s/CKTmN6vVV7
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Uchida
According to a comment on this Reddit post, the Conrad midtown is leaving the Hilton chain in June:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Hilton/s/CKTmN6vVV7
If someone wrote it on Reddit, it must be true. Sucks

What is everyones favorite property to use a FNC at in midtown if this does indeed leave? This was our go to
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
That’s disappointing. One of my favorite Hilton properties in the US. I’m not even sure where I’d stay next time I go to NYC. I guess the downtown Conrad but it is a bit far from what I like to go and see.
Bicoastal Local likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: Travel Agent for Four Seasons Preferred program, Marriott Stars, Hyatt Prive, Rosewood Elite
Originally Posted by rayfoxii
That’s disappointing. One of my favorite Hilton properties in the US. I’m not even sure where I’d stay next time I go to NYC. I guess the downtown Conrad but it is a bit far from what I like to go and see.
yes, the location is removed from the main action, but in my opinion, it offers the best Hilton hotel rooms in the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.