Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors “Go More Get More” Promo Launches May 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors “Go More Get More” Promo Launches May 1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by pinniped
Does the Mr Rebates thing interfere with elite benefits, booking bonuses, any other aspect of points-earning, digital key, or managing the reservation inside the HH app? I've never used that.
Usage of rebate referral will not impact any Hilton promo (except mobile 500 pts of course) or benefit
Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by jrx
I got the email as well.

"Diamond members get even more with Triple Points on every stay now through 31 August."

That would seem to be fairly unambigous if that statement stands on its own, and also taken with the "early access" statement. Hilton has been generous in the past; I was one of the people who got stays at the end of last year counting towards next year's tier qualification. It would be nice if Lauren would clarify what is happening here.
Would love to hear more about both of these. I didn't get the email (nor 2016 stays qualifying for this year's qualification). After several years, I seem to keep landing in the "diamond, but not really diamond" category. Regardless, I'm not seeing anything in my account about registering for the promo, early or not.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
The new promo is triple for Diamond members and double for everyone else.

So I have to be Diamond and spend more than $100 per night to get any benefit compared to the previous 2K offer?

If i spend $100 per night

2K offer | New offer

1000 1000
+2000 +1000
+ double dip + double dip
+ elite bonus + elite bonus

Am i missing something (I hope I am) ?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Cha-ching!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by virtuo0

So I have to be Diamond and spend more than $100 per night to get any benefit compared to the previous 2K offer?
"Any benefit" is not quite accurate in my opinion.

My way of phrasing it:

To get the equivalent of the previous 2K promotion (assuming everything else is equal*), a Gold or lower has to spend at least $200 per night and a Diamond has to spend at least $100 per night.

(Below that, there's still some benefit, ie, some extra earnings, just not as much.)

* However, didn't the current 500 points for booking with the app promo start midway through the 2K promo? If so, only the last half of the 2K promo can be compared, if you're always using the app.

Anyway, someone always wins someone always loses, when comparing multiplier promotions vs flat points promotions. Someone whose company keeps putting them up in $350/night hotels in expensive cities is going to like double points (even if they're Gold or below) better than 2K every night. Someone who has to stay within a budget (either their own or imposed by their company) and is staying mostly in "competitively priced" areas is going to like 2K every night more than double (or maybe even triple) points.

And, btw, if you're "hotel hopping" (all 1 night stays), then you forgot the 500 points from Amex and the 500 points from the app booking, which is an extra 1000. So that helps make the relative difference between double points and 2000 points a smaller percentage difference, compared to if you're doing multi-night stays it's a bigger percentage difference.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I think this is more generous than the other offer (which I really liked as well).

Only one of my stays with the 2K promo would have netted me more points than this promo ($70 cheap airport HGI stay).

Any stay over $100/Nt is going to get a diamond more points than the current 2k/nite one. I know we all get lucky sometimes with cheap stays but isn't it safe to say most diamonds will spend more than $100/NT on stays?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:13 am
cjd

Originally Posted by virtuo0

If i spend $100 per night

2K offer | New offer

1000 1000
+2000 +1000
+ double dip + double dip
+ elite bonus + elite bonus

Am i missing something (I hope I am) ?
Another advantage of the 2K per night promotion was that it was given on Award stays. With the double/triple promotion, it's zero benefit on Awards, other than some incidentals bonus. Not complaining, as I do like the triple points for Diamonds as very few of my stays are under $100.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
But I do wish there was some confirmation that you were actually registered. An e-mail to print would be best, but I even just now tried to register "again" and it all it says is "you're registered", without saying you are ALREADY registered, and of course no mention of your Honors number to prove it's actually your account.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:16 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
But I do wish there was some confirmation that you were actually registered. An e-mail to print would be best, but I even just now tried to register "again" and it all it says is "you're registered", without saying you are ALREADY registered, and of course no mention of your Honors number to prove it's actually your account.
Hopefully it will show up in our accounts under "Active Promotions" from 1 May, when the 2K promotion should disappear.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by cjd
Hopefully it will show up in our accounts under "Active Promotions" from 1 May, when the 2K promotion should disappear.
Right now mine says "too bad, looks like you aren't signed up, etc. etc..." even though I've been collecting the 2,000, so I doubt this new one will show up there, either. Any idea how to get the promos to show up on your account? I guess I shouldn't care as long as I get credited but I would like to know how to make them visible.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Any stay over $100/Nt is going to get a diamond more points than the current 2k/nite one. I know we all get lucky sometimes with cheap stays but isn't it safe to say most diamonds will spend more than $100/NT on stays?
Most people who got to Diamond 'the hard way", presumably yes (at least on average).

But as someone who only got to Diamond this way:
I belong to lots of hotel programs. I only tend to stay at HH properties when I'm getting a particularly good value (usually through MVP) "married with" a good promo (like this one), and all my stays tend to be in the suburbs, and so my first stay under this promo will be on a $95 MVP rate at a suburban HGI.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:37 pm

Getting slightly less than the 2K promo on rates under $100 is still better than NO extra points with Marriott and Starwood, at least for May. I'm quite happy with this promo, and most of my rates do hover right around the $100 mark.
Old May 1, 2017, 2:54 am

Signed up for this promo via the first post, and the email sent to Diamond members. Not showing up on the "View Promotions" page on Hiltonhonors website.

Any ideas whether it has worked? This happened with the last promo, and I didn't get points for my first 4 night stay...
Old May 1, 2017, 5:47 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Right now mine says "too bad, looks like you aren't signed up, etc. etc..." even though I've been collecting the 2,000, so I doubt this new one will show up there, either. Any idea how to get the promos to show up on your account? I guess I shouldn't care as long as I get credited but I would like to know how to make them visible.
Strange, my account showed that I was signed up for the 2K promotion. Now it's the 1st May, that has disappeared from my account, but the new Double/Triple points promotion has not appeared yet.

The account still shows I'm signed up for the 500 points for booking through the App.

No idea how to get these promotions to show up on your account. In theory, it should happen automatically, but this is Hilton IT!! Perhaps a private message to the Honors rep here on flyertalk, Lauren, with your account details?
Old May 1, 2017, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Recondite
Signed up for this promo via the first post, and the email sent to Diamond members. Not showing up on the "View Promotions" page on Hiltonhonors website.

Any ideas whether it has worked? This happened with the last promo, and I didn't get points for my first 4 night stay...
Yes, and when you don't get the bonus points, and you call and say you've signed up they can say "we can't see it"...and you have no e-mail, no screen shot, no nothing to prove that you did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.