Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 7, 16, 9:07 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Hilton Family MVP Rate
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Wiki Link
OCTOBER 5, 2016 UPDATE

There are new MVP codes that can once again be booked in the "Corporate" field of a particular hotel (not all hotels, of course, will always have MVP rates available):

Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Doubletree, etc. 0561135262

HGI and Hilton 1135262

These codes now also work on the mobile app.

So, you have three choices:

1) Use http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/
2) Use the above corporate codes on the main website.
3) Use the above corporate codes in the Hilton app.

NOTES:

1. When the MVP rate is not available (usually 20% discount), often the "Team USA" rate (15%) will be. Use corporate codes 0002635191 (or sometimes ) 2635167.

2. Homwood Suites are often anomalous in their pricing, with AAA and Sr Rates often cheaper than either MVP or Team USA rates.

Summary of answers to incessantly asked questions

• YES, MVP can be used by anyone
  • There is no "sports affiliation" required. ( The only HHonors brand still retaining that verbiage in the "Rate Details" for a booking is the Homewood Suites. If you're really worried, you can get a USGA membership for $10
  • There are many reports that the MVP rate can't be booked by the hotel itself or Customer Service; must be done by the guest online.
  • Other reports say if you call in and ask what rates are available, they're not supposed to tell you about the MVP. But, they can offer it if you specifically request it.
  • The rate accrues the normal points.
  • The rate is as eligible for upgrades as any other rate, depending on your status, etc.
  • When MVP rate is not available, the Team USA rate is often the next best choice.

NEW: As of ~April 2015, using the corporate codes for MVP on the regular site seems to not return any MVP rates. Instead go to hiltonfamilymvp.com

In the "Corporate Account" box type:

For MVP - 0041604 for Hilton and HGI; 0560041604 all others. MVP rates are not commissionable to agents; a very few properties may require press credentials - read booking terms.
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 12, 04, 2:50 pm   #1
Moderator, Singapore Airlines, Hilton Honors, Oceania
Original Poster

Programs: up in the air
Hilton Family MVP Rate

Posts older than 2014 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Family MVP Rate

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 31, 16 at 2:50 pm
Kiwi Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 14, 6:19 pm   #2

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT), CX MarcoPolo (GO), Aeroplan, VIPorter, HHonors Silver
Using MVP/Gold Medal Rate Codes

Hi there,

I have booked 2 upcoming stays, one using the MVP code and one using the Gold Medal rate code.

Whilst these codes are widely available online, ultimately I am not actually a member of a Hilton corporate account, nor am I a friend or family member of the US team.

I will be checking in to 2 separate hotels using each of these codes. I have used the MVP code before, so I am less worried about that, but as a foreigner (showing foreign ID) should I perhaps use the Weekend discount code instead of the Gold Medal rate code? (The Gold Medal rate code saves me an additional $10, but I am rightly entitled to the weekend discount code)

Thanks for any advice.
CX828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 14, 6:47 pm   #3
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP, HHonors Diamond, Copa Gold
Never been asked about either rate at check-in, ever.
cblaisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 14, 7:21 pm   #4

Programs: HHonors Diamond
How can a foreigner use the MVP rate? Surely you will be questioned by the front desk clerk and possibly have to answer some difficult questions.
InvestorTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 14, 7:22 pm   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvestorTiger View Post
How can a foreigner use the MVP rate? Surely you will be questioned by the front desk clerk and possibly have to answer some difficult questions.
Why would you think that? Just use it.
smmrfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 14, 7:27 pm   #6

Programs: HHonors, Star Alliance
I've used the MVP code at many different hotels and brands.

I've never been asked to show any ID to prove my affiliation.

This rate is widely known around the internet so you don't have to think of it as some dark secret that could get you in trouble.

The only requirement that I've seen when booking rooms with the MVP rate is that you be a HHonors member at the time of booking.

My advice is to relax, and don't worry about it. Book the room with the MVP rate, check back every few days to see if there is a lower rate, and think happy thoughts about your upcoming trip.
goosebump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 14, 7:53 pm   #7
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP, HHonors Diamond, Copa Gold
Indeed on all counts. This question comes up a lot: the MVP rate is a publicly available rate that a) any HHonors member is entitled to*, b) can only be booked by that member using the MVP code (e.g., I have had numerous desk clerks tell me that they are not able to book that rate for you), c) is not always offered by all hotels.

When "C" is the case, the "Gold Medal Rate" is a second-best alternative but there is no membership requirement to use it and you won't be questioned.

Neither code is like a truly proprietary code (e.g., IBM or G.E.) that some try to use and succeed at, and others get surprised when they're asked for i.d.

*The only exception to this is for Homewood Suites bookings, where the "Rate Details" mention being a member of a "Sports Association." But, again, I've never been asked for any substantiation of that (although if you want "protection" for such a reservation, there are "sports associations" you can join for as little as $10 that give you a nice i.d. card)
cblaisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 14, 7:21 am   #8

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT), CX MarcoPolo (GO), Aeroplan, VIPorter, HHonors Silver
Thanks for your responses.

I have used the MVP code before, and judging from your responses it should be ok to so it again, so I will keep my Hampton Inn reservation as it is.

My other reservation concerning a Hilton that I booked, using the Gold Medal rate, I have cancelled and re-booked using the weekend promotion, which is only $10 more but means my reservation is legit and I have peace of mind.
CX828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 14, 12:04 pm   #9

Programs: hhonors diamond, spg gold, mileage plus 1K, a nobody with delta skymiles
What is the PR09PN discount associated with? Is this a generic large group booking discount? I've also seen Team USA discount once I tried to use the MVP discount. Is the MVP some kind of a US athletic team discount?
pocahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 14, 8:49 am   #10

HHonors Points

Will HHonors points be credited using MVP rate?
mike belman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 14, 9:16 am   #11

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike belman View Post
Yes.
fozziedoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 14, 9:16 am   #12

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTG (PP), SPG LTG (Plt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike belman View Post
Always has been for me.
RogerD408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 14, 11:46 am   #13

Programs: WN RR, HH Gold
What's up with MVP rates lately?

In checking rates for all hotels in Portland, OR for the next 2 weekends, the MVP rate is the exact same as either the "standard rate" or the "best available rate". This is despite the rate rules for MVP which state that it is supposedly 20% off BAR (best available rate).

Anyone have any insight into this? I have never always seen the MVP rate at a discount to the other regular rates. Is this a glitch, or what??
WNHHTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 14, 11:48 am   #14
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS - Gold; HHonors - Diamond; Priority Club - Spire; SPG - Gold
I can generally get the "56" code to work, but not the "N" one.
Points Scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 14, 1:21 pm   #15

Programs: Aeroplan
What's up with MVP rates lately?

What's MVP rate
ac3000 is offline   Reply With Quote