Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
What did you think of the Doubletree?
Service was much better than I expected for a hotel in the heart of Times Square. I thought you'd get so-so service because "hey, you're in Times Square". However, everyone from check in to the bell clerks for luggage storage was great. The rooms did lack convenient outlets for today's gadgets, and one behind the sofa was uncovered. However, other than that, no complaints with the stay. Not sure I could have stomached a $700 per night cash rate, though.

I got a standby upgrade for $20/night to a slightly larger suite. I also put in for the suite with two doubles but did not get that. Fortunately, my dad brought a self-inflating "mat" to put on the sofa bed so that person wouldn't be sleeping on springs.

The check-in clerk did say she had seen the ES and had nothing but great things to say. She had helped open other DT locations so she understood why the opening was delayed (said it's normal for that to happen).
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by MASTERNC
Service was much better than I expected for a hotel in the heart of Times Square. I thought you'd get so-so service because "hey, you're in Times Square". However, everyone from check in to the bell clerks for luggage storage was great. The rooms did lack convenient outlets for today's gadgets, and one behind the sofa was uncovered. However, other than that, no complaints with the stay. Not sure I could have stomached a $700 per night cash rate, though.

I got a standby upgrade for $20/night to a slightly larger suite. I also put in for the suite with two doubles but did not get that. Fortunately, my dad brought a self-inflating "mat" to put on the sofa bed so that person wouldn't be sleeping on springs.

The check-in clerk did say she had seen the ES and had nothing but great things to say. She had helped open other DT locations so she understood why the opening was delayed (said it's normal for that to happen).
Thanks - I did have a res for the ES for June 2018 at 70,000 pts/nt, and the DT at that time was 95,000 - but then the DT dropped to the 70's, too, and since we're seeing a lot of theater and I like the idea of a full suite I made the switch to the DT.

The ES does look like it will be all pretty and shiny and new but maybe another time.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by azepine00
How does this qualify to fit ES brand? Isn't the idea of ES to actually have suites as base room type?
Originally Posted by Miesque
What is described is not in line with what people expect when booking an Embassy Suites and its a pretty old and widespread brand so having something that different in terms of layout seems to be asking for it.
I believe Hilton has for years now permitted its ostensibly all-suite properties to incorporate some studio rooms, presumably to be offered as connecting rooms to the otherwise "standard" suites. Of course, these hotels also rent the studios alone at lower rates when occupancy permits.

But this new Embassay Suites property seems to go too far, as none of the rooms appear to be proper suites, or even particularly spacious. I don't understand the logic behind the branding in this case.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
I believe Hilton has for years now permitted its ostensibly all-suite properties to incorporate some studio rooms, presumably to be offered as connecting rooms to the otherwise "standard" suites. Of course, these hotels also rent the studios alone at lower rates when occupancy permits.

But this new Embassay Suites property seems to go too far, as none of the rooms appear to be proper suites, or even particularly spacious. I don't understand the logic behind the branding in this case.
It is now scheduled to open on December 21, 2017.

Last edited by Joebellstaff; Dec 10, 2017 at 4:05 pm Reason: New information
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:07 pm

Our reservation scheduled for December 24 has been moved to the Homewood Suites Midtown Times Square South.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Joebellstaff
Our reservation scheduled for December 24 has been moved to the Homewood Suites Midtown Times Square South.
Then why can't you stay there if they are opening on 12/21? Was that your choice to move? Or are they admitting it will be later?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold ,DL Gold,AA,HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Gold,Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Then why can't you stay there if they are opening on 12/21? Was that your choice to move? Or are they admitting it will be later?
Having walked by there yesterday, looking at the state of finish in the lobby, they won't we ready in 10 days. Not sure even by 1 Jan 2018.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Anyone stayed here yet? Have a work trip in a couple weeks and this place is in policy and looks like a decent option and like the location (need to be downtown for work but want to visit with some friends on the UWS).
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Following as well, saw this pop up for an upcoming trip but it's ~$50/night more than other options in Manhattan which makes me hesitant.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Honors
Same haha. This hotel is so new that there hasn't been much useful information. Not even many informative pictures of their guest rooms...

But the location seems really perfect, and the award stay pricing seems really reasonable compared to other hiltons in that area (like asking for 80K points for $200/night room).

I booked a five night award stay in mid March. Five nights for 230K points (cash price about $1600). Will do a stay report upon completion!

If anyone has pictures and/or information about their king studio, I would really appreciate it!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Decided to just give it a go so will report back in a couple weeks after my stay (unless I see some bad reports between now and then in which case I'll just switch to somewhere else)
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:35 am

Have a reservation early next week so I'll let you know.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:15 am

Had a king studio for 2 plus child on 31st floor. City noise was never an issue. Room was a little cramped, but I guess for NYC that's normal? Room was warm and temperature control would only go to 68 and it wasn't enough. Free breakfast was good, the social hr 5-7 was nice mainly due to free beer/wine.

Staff was very nice and always greeted you. Requested 2pm checkout and had no issues. They do have luggage storage which we could have used after checking out but didn't need it.

Only part of hotel that wasn't finished that I can tell was the garden which is on the 3rd floor. The only annoying thing was you always needed your key to pick a floor in the elevator. So if you had your hands full it made it a chore.

Any other questions just ask.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ldfernald
Room was warm and temperature control would only go to 68 and it wasn't enough.
Did the room actually cool down to 68 and that was not cool enough? Or did the thermostat have some motion sensor so that the cooling would turn off if no one was in the room or you were not moving (like having gone to sleep), and thus the room never got down to 68?
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by serpens
Did the room actually cool down to 68 and that was not cool enough? Or did the thermostat have some motion sensor so that the cooling would turn off if no one was in the room or you were not moving (like having gone to sleep), and thus the room never got down to 68?
80 in Manhattan in February? I doubt they had the AC ready to go. 68 isn't bad for that kind of surprise weather.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.