FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan {US-NY}
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:34 am
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by MASTERNC
Service was much better than I expected for a hotel in the heart of Times Square. I thought you'd get so-so service because "hey, you're in Times Square". However, everyone from check in to the bell clerks for luggage storage was great. The rooms did lack convenient outlets for today's gadgets, and one behind the sofa was uncovered. However, other than that, no complaints with the stay. Not sure I could have stomached a $700 per night cash rate, though.

I got a standby upgrade for $20/night to a slightly larger suite. I also put in for the suite with two doubles but did not get that. Fortunately, my dad brought a self-inflating "mat" to put on the sofa bed so that person wouldn't be sleeping on springs.

The check-in clerk did say she had seen the ES and had nothing but great things to say. She had helped open other DT locations so she understood why the opening was delayed (said it's normal for that to happen).
Thanks - I did have a res for the ES for June 2018 at 70,000 pts/nt, and the DT at that time was 95,000 - but then the DT dropped to the 70's, too, and since we're seeing a lot of theater and I like the idea of a full suite I made the switch to the DT.

The ES does look like it will be all pretty and shiny and new but maybe another time.