Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Arrow Embassy Suites by Hilton New York Midtown Manhattan {US-NY}

Does anyone know when this property is opening? Looking to book a stay in March and this would be the perfect location.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by hi55us
Does anyone know when this property is opening? Looking to book a stay in March and this would be the perfect location.
The website says:
This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival August 2, 2017 and beyond
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Didn't see that on there, thanks. Too bad it's not earlier.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:04 am

Now it is Nov. 30, 2017 and beyond.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Worth noting that the rooms are king or studio only, so no true suites.

However, they are a good size for Manhattan - 277 sq. feet for a king and 320 for a studio.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Joebellstaff
Now it is Nov. 30, 2017 and beyond.
Now that's a bit scary for me. I have a reservation starting December 1. Any idea what they would do if the hotel weren't ready to open?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I had a reservation at a new hotel (in NYC) for its opening night. When it became apparent to the manager that the hotel would miss its opening, she moved my reservation to a nearby hotel in the same hotel family and notified me. I assume she did the same for all customers with reservations. IIRC, this was a few weeks before the scheduled opening.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 3:50 pm

Looks like the opening has been pushed back to January 1, per the hotel site. My reservation for December 1 is still showing in my account, and nobody has contacted me yet. I assume I should wait for someone to contact me? I know hotels fill up quickly during the holidays, and some of the point values are a lot higher than what I paid (plus one HGI doesn't have its restaurant operating).
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:11 am

Update:

- Called number on hotel site. Was sent to voicemail for an Assistant General Manager. Five days later, no reply.
- Sent a tweet to Hilton Honors customer service. Said they would have hotel contact me directly. Three days later, nothing.
- Received an e-mail related to my tweet telling me to call the 800 number for "re-accommodation" because of a lack of response from the hotel - I assume this will be just cancelling the reservation and finding a new hotel (either smaller room or at a higher price) rather than honoring my rate and finding a similar room elsewhere.
- E-mailed the property management company (who also runs hotels near my office in Delaware - my company's travel agent knows a contact at one of those hotels and has offered to see if she can help). I did that yesterday so I am giving that some more time to see what happens.

Overall, very disappointed that nobody can answer my question and that the hotel hasn't been proactive in rebooking guests now that the opening has been pushed back past the holiday season.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MASTERNC
Update:

- Called number on hotel site. Was sent to voicemail for an Assistant General Manager. Five days later, no reply.
- Sent a tweet to Hilton Honors customer service. Said they would have hotel contact me directly. Three days later, nothing.
- Received an e-mail related to my tweet telling me to call the 800 number for "re-accommodation" because of a lack of response from the hotel - I assume this will be just cancelling the reservation and finding a new hotel (either smaller room or at a higher price) rather than honoring my rate and finding a similar room elsewhere.
- E-mailed the property management company (who also runs hotels near my office in Delaware - my company's travel agent knows a contact at one of those hotels and has offered to see if she can help). I did that yesterday so I am giving that some more time to see what happens.

Overall, very disappointed that nobody can answer my question and that the hotel hasn't been proactive in rebooking guests now that the opening has been pushed back past the holiday season.
How did it work out in the end? I'm curious to hear how Hilton resolved this issue.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
How did it work out in the end? I'm curious to hear how Hilton resolved this issue.
I sent a PM to Lauren and she e-mailed me the address for the Relocation Desk. After a couple of days, I received a response asking me to call. They offered to move me to another hotel and pay the points difference (as long as it wasn't major). It took a few tries for both of us to find a suitable hotel that had standard rooms available, but we ended up at the DoubleTree Suites in Times Square - Hilton gave me the extra 25k points. The hotel even gave us an extra breakfast voucher to make up for the fact all of us would have had free breakfast at the ES (instead of just two at DT).

I was surprised there wasn't more proactive work by the Embassy Suites, but Hilton made sure I was covered once I found the right person.

FWIW, I did walk down 6th Avenue and saw the Embassy Suites from the corner of 36th Street. The outside looked nice from what I saw. There were still barriers up on the street so I couldn't have gotten seen more than that if I wanted to.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cymro
Worth noting that the rooms are king or studio only, so no true suites.

However, they are a good size for Manhattan - 277 sq. feet for a king and 320 for a studio.
How does this qualify to fit ES brand? Isn't the idea of ES to actually have suites as base room type?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
I sent a PM to Lauren and she e-mailed me the address for the Relocation Desk. After a couple of days, I received a response asking me to call. They offered to move me to another hotel and pay the points difference (as long as it wasn't major). It took a few tries for both of us to find a suitable hotel that had standard rooms available, but we ended up at the DoubleTree Suites in Times Square - Hilton gave me the extra 25k points. The hotel even gave us an extra breakfast voucher to make up for the fact all of us would have had free breakfast at the ES (instead of just two at DT).

I was surprised there wasn't more proactive work by the Embassy Suites, but Hilton made sure I was covered once I found the right person.

FWIW, I did walk down 6th Avenue and saw the Embassy Suites from the corner of 36th Street. The outside looked nice from what I saw. There were still barriers up on the street so I couldn't have gotten seen more than that if I wanted to.
It's good to hear that they took care of you, and it sounds like you were even able to stay in an actual suite.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold

What did you think of the Doubletree?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by azepine00
How does this qualify to fit ES brand? Isn't the idea of ES to actually have suites as base room type?
What is described is not in line with what people expect when booking an Embassy Suites and its a pretty old and widespread brand so having something that different in terms of layout seems to be asking for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.