Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Could someone help here. I am looking at a trip in the future. Heading over from Europe the price is going to be critical. I can price most things however I do not have a good understanding of food and drink charges on the Island. Could anyone share typical pricing for me please. Thank you.
Everything is expensive, even if you shop at the grocery stores of the island. Since you are Gold HH, you will have the free breakfasts and should eat plenty and not too early.
Also, they do not put complimentary drinking water in the rooms.

This being said, it's all worth it!

Last edited by UASPG; Oct 27, 2013 at 5:19 pm
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by UASPG
Everything is expensive, even if you shop at the grocery stores of the island. If you have a Gold card, you will have the free breakfast and should eat plenty and not too early. If you are not, take a Reserve card from Citibank, go through the nightmare for the credits, but you'll get the Gold status.

This being said, it's all worth it!
Presently Gold however if not would would the cost be? How about drinks and other food items? Just looking for an indication. Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Presently Gold however if not would would the cost be? How about drinks and other food items? Just looking for an indication. Thanks
I do not have a record of the price of the dishes, but you might want to browse though these posts, to have an idea of what it will cost you:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-3342...sort_and_spa-i

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/1...a-bora-dining/
Old Nov 2, 2013, 6:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, AS MVP Gold
I am at the resort now, and just looked at the menu for accuracy.

To help, it is roughly $23 for a Mai Tai or other similar drink. Beers are $10-12. Lunch is roughly $25-35/person and dinner about $60-80.

There are restaurant options off the resort where you can take the Hilton boat. The range is quite wide, $80-$250/person. There are street vendors on the main island that have nice BBQ and whatnot for about $10/person.

Hilton Gold / Diamond is key for free breakfast as otherwise it is roughly $33/person for breakfast. Don't bother upgrading to the hot breakfast.

The grocery store near the ferry dock has the best prices for bottled water, fruits, etc. I believe it is called Chin Lee.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by lotsoffun1
The grocery store near the ferry dock has the best prices for bottled water, fruits, etc. I believe it is called Chin Lee.
There is actually a fairly new supermarket in Bora Bora, that is called "Super U" - it has the best prices and is pressuring Chin Lee on its prices.

http://www.magasins-u.com/superu-borabora

Last edited by UASPG; Nov 3, 2013 at 6:05 am
Old Nov 4, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Just booked king garden guestroom for next September; estandby upgrades are as follows:

King Beach Villa 11,400 XPF
King Hillside Villa same price
King Overwater 22,500 XPF
King Deluxe Overwater 29.5 XPF
King Royal Overwater 41,500 XpF

But on the same page it says that I'm qualified to a upgrade to the next category if available at checckin. Isn't that the same for E-Standby? Does it mean that someone without status with E-Standby get's priority over a Gold?
bThis seems higher than what I've seen upthread, which was 22,000 XPF for a Deluxe, guarenteed and 11,000 XPF for a standard OWB standby.

Any thoughts on whether the E-Standby is a good deal? Or not as good as what I'm entitled to as Gold.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 2:37 am

Going later this month. Is taking the boat from airport to Vaitape then to hotel is still a viable/cheaper option?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Currently at the resort, arrived on Friday. A few notes:

1) It is still possible and MUCH cheaper to take the (Free) boat from the airport to Vaitape and then the shuttle to the hotel. I told the hotel that I was doing this in advance, and much to my surprise they still had someone at the airport waiting to greet us AND take our luggage directly to the hotel so we didn't have to schlep it around town. This was perfect, and gave us about an hour in town to run to the grocery store to stock up on water and a few other supplies

2) We are extremely happy that we brought alcohol from home, so we can enjoy it hanging out in the overwater bungalow. We are in the 300's so it would be quite the walk to get a drink each time we wanted one. Also, yes Mai Tais are like $22 but normal drinks/beers are in the $8-12 range which is more reasonable than I thought it would be. Still, I'd rather drink my own booze!

3) We got suckered into the Mediterranean buffet on our first night, Friday, which is actually the only dining option available on that evening. At the cost of approx 9000 XPF a person I can easily say that this was the most disappointing meal I have had anywhere, and set a horrible tone for the food at this resort. We went off property tonight and had a wonderful meal at St James and will be venturing off property a few other nights to avoid eating at the hotel.

4) Speaking of which, we asked the concierge to recommend a restaurant for Tuesday night, the other "Forced" buffet night (since there was no way I am doing that again) and she was putting a great deal of pressure on us to stay for the buffet. I suspect that combined with the ridiculous 1500 XPF fee to leave the resort during dinner hours (otherwise 700 XPF), that the staff try to discourage you from leaving as well. I'd recommend doing your own recon and securing reservations in advance. This goes double for excursions as they won't book anything that they are not "contracted with"

5) Overall, we are finding the service to be quite indifferent, everyone is nice enough but nobody is going above and beyond, especially if it is not earning the resort any $$$$. It certainly pales in comparison to the service we received at the Park Hyatt Maldives last year.

6) The rooms could certainly use some TLC.. notably the decks which are splintering and could use a good sanding and sealing; the floors which the finish has worn off near the doors; the bathroom counters which are worn/stained; and the living room Tube TV that screams 1995 (the bedroom has a nice flat screen). We have had several other minor maintenance issues as well that were handled quickly.

7) Deluxe Overwater Bungalows in the 300's facing West (where we are), are on the leeward side of the resort. This has some pros: the lagoon here is very large, is amazingly calm (which is great for the spring floats we brought with us), and has great afternoon sun / sunset views; but also some cons: sitting on the deck can be a very hot as there is no wind to cool you off. The east side of the 300's (mostly regular overwater bungalows) is on the windward side and the water is much rougher, and is roped off into a a very tight space. Also, the low 100 Deluxe Overwater Bungalows (notably 105/106) have an amazing view of the mountains on the main island and would be my choice if you wanted to stay closer to main part of the resort.

I know I am pointing out some negatives, but rest assured we are having a great time and the property (and Bora Bora!) is otherwise beautiful and well worth the trip. Just come with your expectations set properly and you will enjoy your stay as much as we are!

We are here until the end of the week, if anyone has any specific questions let me know.

Last edited by roder; Nov 17, 2013 at 1:32 am
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: HHonors, Priority Club, Hyatt Passport, Mariott, AA, UA, SWA, HGVC
Hey there - I am so grateful for your information! I am currently in the process of tweaking our details for a trip there in February. Do you have any suggestions on flying from Moorea to Bora Bora and then back to Papette? The air costs are quite pricey! We are flying on AA miles, staying on HH points on Moorea and Bora Bora, Club Carlson points on Papette...and I am definitely excited!!!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by mozartmara
Hey there - I am so grateful for your information! I am currently in the process of tweaking our details for a trip there in February. Do you have any suggestions on flying from Moorea to Bora Bora and then back to Papette? The air costs are quite pricey! We are flying on AA miles, staying on HH points on Moorea and Bora Bora, Club Carlson points on Papette...and I am definitely excited!!!
If you have citi TY points and prestige card, you can get 30+% off your intra-island flights with your citi TY points.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 5:55 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BAEC Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG Gold
Finally...

Been following this thread for about 3 years. Today I finally arrived in HBB and it's a pretty amazing place. I'm probably one of the last people to benefit from the old AXON rates - 37500 per night. Paid to upgrade to ROWB and got 107 as I'd requested. Let's hope that Air Tahiti can locate my missing bag, which I suspect is at LAX at the moment. Thanks to everyone for their contributions over the years- without this forum and the wider HH forum this trip would never have been possible.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Arrived today and I am underwhelmed

When I got to the Conrad rangali, the checkin lady sat me down and explained pretty much everything, making note of what was and what was not included. Here we got whisked away to the room and have no idea of much. We were too tired to bother.

Our dia mind gift is one bottle of Evian and a box of macaroons ni was under the impression that we would have 2 bottle of water plus a bottle of sparkling wine and fruit...

We had also informed them that we were on a honeymoon, but they mentioned nothing and said that since we were on a points stay, they might not be able to offer anything.

We were upgraded to the king hill side, but I don't think the AC works too well since it has been in for 5 hours and the room still feels hot and stuffy.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:31 pm

Programs: northwest-platinum- hilton- diamond- starwoods- Marriott
I have a question
How long does it take to get to the resort from ppt via the route mentioned with the free boat and shuttle
We just booked airline tickets but thy are refundable and will be going in January
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
Arrived today and I am underwhelmed

When I got to the Conrad rangali, the checkin lady sat me down and explained pretty much everything, making note of what was and what was not included. Here we got whisked away to the room and have no idea of much. We were too tired to bother.

Our dia mind gift is one bottle of Evian and a box of macaroons ni was under the impression that we would have 2 bottle of water plus a bottle of sparkling wine and fruit...

We had also informed them that we were on a honeymoon, but they mentioned nothing and said that since we were on a points stay, they might not be able to offer anything.

We were upgraded to the king hill side, but I don't think the AC works too well since it has been in for 5 hours and the room still feels hot and stuffy.
Wrong thread? This is Hilton Bora Bora not Conrad Rangali.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by yoyo
Wrong thread? This is Hilton Bora Bora not Conrad Rangali.
I believe (if you re-read), stupidzbu was comparing the arrival process at both resorts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.