Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2013, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by youngmaxwell
My fiancé and I are going to be heading to BBN for 10 nights at the end of August for our honeymoon. I was wondering if anybody had any insider tips for getting from PPT Airport in Tahiti to Bora Bora? We'll be staying a night at the Intercontinental in Tahiti so we'll have most of the next day before we can check in. Right now Air Tahiti Flights are about $450 and if that is the best option I'll just book them.

Thanks so much!
In terms of price, the ~$450 is consistent.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: HHON Gold, OK+ Gold
The most detailed map of the resort is what you get together with your key cards, I scanned it for your reference:

Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by srittle001
sharklover I am not one to be critical but this thread is filled with nothing but costs to upgrade to a OWB and if anyone has had success negotiating these costs. A little research may help before asking questions that you can easily find the answers too. With that being said the costs to upgrade to a OWB will run you about 175-400 a night depending on the type of OWB. Bfast is included for diamonds and I think golds as well.
just got back from the bbn last week. breakfast buffet is included for golds as well and, at least for my wife and i, was more then enough food to hold us over until dinner. for what it's worth, we paid 20k XPF per night to upgrade from the king garden villa reserved w/ points to the royal overwater. this was the rate offered after we made our reservation. we did not try to negotiate.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Inside tips? There are none - Air Tahiti is your ticket to fly to BOB; it's not the best option, it's the only option. There was a fast ferry for a while, the King Tamatoa, but it packed it in in 2010.

There are not so fast ferries that are not daily - see here; impractical for most of us heading to Bora Bora (they make several stops between Papeete and Vaitape, Bora Bora - e.g. Aremiti 4 departs PPT Fridays and goes via Huahine and Raiatea to Bora Bora, returns Sunday. Impractical.

For my money, Moorea is actually better for a ten day honeymoon - much more to do, better diving, more scenery, you can actually go somewhere form the hotel without relying on shuttle boats, etc. (BB is more luxurious, remote - and that means you are going to not make as much contact with the Polynesian culture nor have as many options for activities, off-property restaurants, even top notch diving. Yep, others may disagree - à chacun son goût.)

Another map for Bora Bora

Originally Posted by youngmaxwell
My fiancé and I are going to be heading to BBN for 10 nights at the end of August for our honeymoon. I was wondering if anybody had any insider tips for getting from PPT Airport in Tahiti to Bora Bora? We'll be staying a night at the Intercontinental in Tahiti so we'll have most of the next day before we can check in. Right now Air Tahiti Flights are about $450 and if that is the best option I'll just book them.

Thanks so much!

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 18, 2013 at 10:36 am Reason: add property map
Old Apr 20, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
This map is great with the different types of rooms circled. Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by badcrc
just got back from the bbn last week. breakfast buffet is included for golds as well and, at least for my wife and i, was more then enough food to hold us over until dinner. for what it's worth, we paid 20k XPF per night to upgrade from the king garden villa reserved w/ points to the royal overwater. this was the rate offered after we made our reservation. we did not try to negotiate.
20K for a Royal??? I just received an email and they want 30K xpf for a Deluxe...
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: HHON Gold, OK+ Gold
I also got an offer of Royal for 20k - but the stay was in the low season and it was booked almost a year ahead. I believe the rate differs based on these conditions (and how booked they are)
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aleq
synk> Oh I see. Let us know what you find out and you experience, if you do it!
azepine00> Try guest.relations AT hilton-borabora.pf, fo AT hilton-borabora.pf, fo.mgr AT hilton-borabora.pf, gs.mgr AT hilton-borabora.pf
Originally Posted by azepine00
I emailed them twice (to [email protected]) requesting room description without any response. Is there a better way to reach someone there?
Emailed to multiple addresses and after two weeks i got a response with resort map. Still no room description.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
For room descriptions, have you looked at the Hilton site:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/fre...ns/suites.html
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Aleq
I also got an offer of Royal for 20k - but the stay was in the low season and it was booked almost a year ahead. I believe the rate differs based on these conditions (and how booked they are)
I've got a room booked for Aug 2014. Once I confirm flights I'll repond and try to negotiate with them. I'll pay what it takes to upgrade (I'm not flying all the way to Bora Bora to not stay in an OWB). Hopefully I can get a better deal.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KING GUEST ROOM GARDEN VIEW does not exist there... DD responded that they had no description either...

Originally Posted by deant
For room descriptions, have you looked at the Hilton site:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/fre...ns/suites.html
Old May 2, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
2 nights Bora Bora June - old point level reward

I have two nights booked at Bora Bora using the old point system levels. I might no longer be able to use them. Any ideas what to do, as I had giving them back as the points went from 50K per night to 95K per night.
Old May 3, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by vandesa
I have two nights booked at Bora Bora using the old point system levels. I might no longer be able to use them. Any ideas what to do, as I had giving them back as the points went from 50K per night to 95K per night.
You can always redeposit your points. But you CANNOT change the reservation without being charged the new point costs. Any date or person change will incur the 95K/night charge.
Old May 8, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
I had booked 2 nights at 50K pts per night, just before the increase, but, somehow, was under the impression that the new point requirement was 70K.
What a surprise it was, when I saw that it is now 95K, - a 90% increase!

Last edited by UASPG; May 8, 2013 at 9:02 pm
Old May 8, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
Yes I know I can cancel. Just wondering if I could/should post these on coupon connection?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.