Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
How deep would the water get in the middle?
Actually Ali or any of the old timers working in Ocean Sports Centre (previously called Water Sports Centre) would know. Maybe someone could ask next time they're there. Or just take an underwater scooter for a spin to find out.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR LTGold, UA, AA, AS, DL, Global Entry & TSAPre✓
swimming between the islands

When we were there earlier this year, there was a retirement age couple who swam across each day as part of their routine, and were regular guests at the resort (5+ times?) so had likely done it quite often. They swam big-to-little in late morning / early afternoon because they said the current worked with them. They seemed very fit, but were probably in their 70's. First time we saw them was our first day there, while waiting for our couples massage, when they asked if they could take a quick shower after swimming over.
You could always wear a life jacket, at least the first time, which would slow you down but also increase visibility.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I stand corrected on the Conrad permission point and I appreciate that a swimmer not seeing the Dhoni would be pretty odd, that wasn't my point. I was more thinking of the possibility of the driver being distracted and not expecting swimmers out in the deep water/in their crossing lanes. Hopefully there will be no accidents for anyone to worry about.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 1:58 pm

There are always 2 crew on the dhoni, one at either end. Having said that I don't recommend doing the crossing in the dark while the dhoni service is still running, lol.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:29 am

Anyone going between Nov 11 - 18, 2016? This will be my first time; so excited!
Does anyone know if I'd be able to store luggage at Male Airport? I read on the website that there is a fee of $5 / 24 hours. I'm hoping that is true but wanted confirmation from you all. Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:55 am

It's still the same: http://www.macl.aero/S_AIRPORT_FACILITIES/6/1
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Thank you!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:36 am

Welcome and enjoy your trip!

FEI: Updated the Wiki to include the link.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by phatjoe
Does anyone know if I'd be able to store luggage at Male Airport? I read on the website that there is a fee of $5 / 24 hours. I'm hoping that is true but wanted confirmation from you all. Thanks!
Ill be there Nov 17-21! First timers as well!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by itsj0nathan
Ill be there Nov 17-21! First timers as well!
We'll be preparing to leave when you guys arrive. Are you flying back home right after?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:13 pm

Snorkels and Kids Breakfast questions

Hi, I am going to this hotel on 8/19/2016. I have few questions for the hotel if you don't mind.

1. Do they provide free snorkels gear or should I bring my own?
2. I am a gold member. Will my two kids eat breakfast for free? In the email, it said "Complimentary breakfast for cardholder and one guest per day. Additional guests will be charged at $35 + taxes per adult per day. Children below 12 years old get 50% discount."
3. One of my kids is 12 years old. Will she able to get the 50% discount from the Sea Plane?

BTW, I was able to upgrade my entire stay from Beach Villa to Water Villa for 150 each night. I may upgrade to Superior water villa for few days when I am there.

Thank you so much!
James
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by phatjoe
Does anyone know if I'd be able to store luggage at Male Airport? I read on the
I'm going for 3 days within your dates. Trying to buy plane tickets for my friend to join me as I thought it will be waste of HHpoints to go alone.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by jamesng
I am more curious about if they do, are they new snorkels? I remember our last trip to Thailand, we went out on a boat and were provided masks and snorkels, but no way I was going to put my mouth on a piece someone else had presumably used.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hi, I am going to this hotel on 8/19/2016. I have few questions for the hotel if you don't mind.

2. I am a gold member. Will my two kids eat breakfast for free? In the email, it said "Complimentary breakfast for cardholder and one guest per day. Additional guests will be charged at $35 + taxes per adult per day. Children below 12 years old get 50% discount."
3. One of my kids is 12 years old. Will she able to get the 50% discount from the Sea Plane?

BTW, I was able to upgrade my entire stay from Beach Villa to Water Villa for 150 each night. I may upgrade to Superior water villa for few days when I am there.

Thank you so much!
James
Snorkel gear rental is free. And to reply to the other poster, they aren't new, but I'd say that they do seem clean enough.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
You can rent all snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, fins) for free at the Dive Centre.

No, see the Wiki at the top of this thread:

Seaplane Cost: US$500 + T-GST roundtrip per head. Children aged between 2 and 11 receive a 50% discount

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.