Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond, Melia Gold
Thanks for the photographs of the upgraded Beach Villas. Very interested to see these as we're staying in a Beach Villa during our honeymoon this August.

Any idea what sort of pace they're getting through the refurbishments or what order they're doing them in? I'd be interested to know whether we're likely to have an old or new version of the villa!

Last edited by tonyhartphoto; Jun 5, 2016 at 4:18 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jun 5, 2016, 5:21 pm

For that kind of info it would be best to ask the Director of Rooms. Now that Karin is no longer in that position and has moved on from Rangali, you could send an email to Amjad Ali (Executive Housekeeper). He'd know for sure. If you need his email address I can PM it to you.

Whatever you do, don't waste your time emailing General Enquiries (which is in the Wiki). They will almost surely give you some useless, generic answer.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 8:46 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by tonyhartphoto
Thanks for the photographs of the upgraded Beach Villas. Very interested to see these as we're staying in a Beach Villa during our honeymoon this August.

Any idea what sort of pace they're getting through the refurbishments or what order they're doing them in? I'd be interested to know whether we're likely to have an old or new version of the villa!
Currently, several of the beach villas in the 100 range nearest the bridge are being upgraded and are out of action, with the beach in that area blocked off At both ends.

I guess during the time of the renovations, 6 or so villas will be unavailable at any given time, which will result in reduced availability, and might in particular mean that redemptions could be harder to come by.

We are having fabulous weather since we arrived on the 1st of June. Unbroken sunshine and zero rain. Monsoon hasn't arrived here and has been expected.

Having said that I was told that 2 weeks ago, there was nonstop rain for 5 days.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:34 pm

Erosion Post Update

Nice to see you're having great weather, tangey!

And I have updated the Erosion post with your pics. Cheers!
Click here to view post.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Jun 6, 2016 at 12:01 am
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, hh Diamond, IHG spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Quite different. You can check out and compare all the villa types here.
When we looked around the RWV, we were told they are exactly the same but the massage beds haven't been removed from the 2nd bedroom.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:36 am

Oh, damn. Sorry! I was half asleep and somehow thought you were referring to the PWV! Yes, they are exactly the same save for the massage beds replaced with 2 small beds in the FWVs. The beds face the main room, whereas the massage beds face the ocean.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Oh, damn. Sorry! I was half asleep and somehow thought you were referring to the PWV! Yes, they are exactly the same save for the massage beds replaced with 2 small beds in the FWVs. The beds face the main room, whereas the massage beds face the ocean.
You are forgetting too that the beds in the FWV that replace the massage tables are made out of solid gold.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:31 am

Thank you tangey for the photos and comments - appreciated.

Would you be able to confirm if the renovation will also be extended to the deluxe beach villas? If so, are the staff sharing information regarding when that might occur?

Enjoy your stay!
Old Jun 8, 2016, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Rangali
Thank you tangey for the photos and comments - appreciated.

Would you be able to confirm if the renovation will also be extended to the deluxe beach villas? If so, are the staff sharing information regarding when that might occur?

Enjoy your stay!
Haven't heard about renovations to deluxe. I haven't any experience of those villas, but assuming they are decorated similarly to the standard villas, you'd imagine they would intend to do those too.

Also, looking back on the boat to vilu, it appears more like 10-12 villas are currently unavailable, not the 6 or so I said previously. (Roughly half the beach is blocked off)

A life guard station now exists roughly in the 220 area. Apparently they started this service beginning of May, and there is mostly a guy there, he sometimes wanders off, but returns some minutes later.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Braswch
You are forgetting too that the beds in the FWV that replace the massage tables are made out of solid gold.
Right, hence the $400 - $600 price difference between them!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by tangey
Haven't heard about renovations to deluxe. I haven't any experience of those villas, but assuming they are decorated similarly to the standard villas, you'd imagine they would intend to do those too.

Also, looking back on the boat to vilu, it appears more like 10-12 villas are currently unavailable, not the 6 or so I said previously. (Roughly half the beach is blocked off)

A life guard station now exists roughly in the 220 area. Apparently they started this service beginning of May, and there is mostly a guy there, he sometimes wanders off, but returns some minutes later.
Update....phase 2 is deluxe villa upgrade. I don't know if this starts immediately after phase 1.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:19 am

I suppose when nature calls he can't hang around.

Probably why there's nothing cheaper than 15% off BAR online thesedays. Must be trying to recoup the loss in revenue. I'll share a quote I got last week. At the end of last month I looked online for this July / August and there wasn't a lot of availability for a 7-night stay. A couple days later I sent an email to Moli asking her what dates they had available for a 7-night stay in a BV or a WV, preferably a WV and at the end of either month. This is what I got as a reply. Note my text in blue.

We are pleased to inform you that we are able to offer you our Water Villa from Sunday, the 21st of August until Sunday, the 28th of August. Our quotation for this stay would be as below:

Water Villa $1,250.00 (note this is $100 more expensive than the Best Rates 2016 PDF)
10% Service Charge $125.00
12% TGS Tax (tax imposed in service charge too) $165.00
$6 Green tax per person per day $84.00
Total Room Rate Per Night $1,624.00

Total Accommodation for 7 Nights $11,368.00
Total Transfers ($560 per adult, $280 per child) $1,120.00
Total Charges $12,488.00

Rate Rules and Conditions
· Rates are for 02 adults on daily breakfast.
· We require full prepayment to confirm the booking
· Rates are inclusive of all applicable taxes
· Grand total is inclusive of return transfer costs
· Booking can be made on subject to room availability
Moli is on holiday for a month so I'm not sure if this had an effect on the quote but I did make it a point to mention we are multiple returning guests but, as you can see, absolutely no discount whatsoever and limited availability (only WV) for a 7-night stay.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:43 am

Update....phase 2 is deluxe villa upgrade. I don't know if this starts immediately after phase 1.
Thanks Tangey, appreciated.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
On property now for the last 3 nights. No upgrade from a BV. Property is sold out online and 90%+ occupancy.

Weather has been a bit windy but we are enjoying the stay.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 12:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Saw some comments here about the renovations. Currently on property and this is what I was told. 18 beach villas are currently under construction for upgrade. When walking around the property it appears to be the ones in the range of around 101-119(?). We had issues with ac in first beach villa in the 120s and were moved to 201 after the first night. I was told it was the only upgraded beach villa available for occupancy. Just checked out of that room. I will post pictures when I return from my trip, but that new beach villa was far superior to current ones. After staying in that room I do not think I could go back to the old beach villa. We will be moving into the water villas later today. Was also told that deluxe beach villas were next however plans have not yet been approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.