Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: emofeng
Diamond benefit as of Dec 28, 2018
  • $50 benefit ($25/pp; max 2) toward food, can be used on room service or at any food outlet. This can be used toward breakfast but there is no specific breakfast benefit.
  • Noon checkout
  • Space available upgrade; one category. Room to suite is ineligible, regardless of category booked (as of 09/2019)
Cost of valet parking: $70 (as of 09/28/2023)

Print Wikipost

Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
What happened to July? They had availability for every day last night? Points and cash show mostly sole out now?

The hotel is also showing as sold out at cash rates for the dates shown as sold out, so I suspect either the hotel is closed or is sold out, or there's an error that will be fixed.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:02 am

Stayed here earlier in June on an all points stay (standard redemption).

service is by far the best of any Hilton branded property I’ve stayed at. I couldn’t even keep track of my luggage checking in or getting out of the car as I felt like half a dozen employees were whisking me away to my room haha.

no room upgrade, but the room design of a King bed room was great. Nice big walk in closet/dressing room, entry hall, huge balcony, so can’t complain

food and drinks on property were all phenomenal. I never left the building so I experienced all meals in restaurants As well as room service. If you can get standard Redemption nights, I’d say it’s worth making a trip.
Adelphos, Michael19887 and DC9 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Cryptoprophet
Stayed here earlier in June on an all points stay (standard redemption).

service is by far the best of any Hilton branded property I’ve stayed at. I couldn’t even keep track of my luggage checking in or getting out of the car as I felt like half a dozen employees were whisking me away to my room haha.

no room upgrade, but the room design of a King bed room was great. Nice big walk in closet/dressing room, entry hall, huge balcony, so can’t complain

food and drinks on property were all phenomenal. I never left the building so I experienced all meals in restaurants As well as room service. If you can get standard Redemption nights, I’d say it’s worth making a trip.
Simply one of the best hotels in a major brand system in the country - a steal at 95,000 Hilton points
Old Aug 21, 2021, 6:26 pm

Just cancelled my standard award night from Sep 18-19 (Sat-Sun) and it's reflected as available right now, so have at it if you need it! Make sure to select an "accessible room" or else it might not show up when you search
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:45 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Only 1 category Diamond upgrade

Another Waldorf Astoria that is limiting Diamond upgrades to just 1 category. If we are being honest, it seems like they even don’t wish to grant Diamonds a 1-category upgrade. Perhaps they won’t even entertain upgrade requests from gold members? Also, they are fully embracing the $25 per person breakfast credit but I believe they were doing this before covid. Doubt I’ll end up eating breakfast here but I’m pretty confident they are organized about it given how thoroughly they explained it to me.

All of this aside, this is a good hotel (so far). Just don’t go into it expecting any meaningful elite benefits. The service is actually good outside of my upgrade request (fair enough, some hotels don’t like complimentary upgrades). Feels like pre-covid level of service, which I really appreciate. The rooms are tasteful and are maintained well, even for a relatively young hotel. I prefer this to the Peninsula across the street and think it’s a better value too.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:50 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Another Waldorf Astoria that is limiting Diamond upgrades to just 1 category. If we are being honest, it seems like they even don’t wish to grant Diamonds a 1-category upgrade. Perhaps they won’t even entertain upgrade requests from gold members? Also, they are fully embracing the $25 per person breakfast credit but I believe they were doing this before covid. Doubt I’ll end up eating breakfast here but I’m pretty confident they are organized about it given how thoroughly they explained it to me.

All of this aside, this is a good hotel (so far). Just don’t go into it expecting any meaningful elite benefits. The service is actually good outside of my upgrade request (fair enough, some hotels don’t like complimentary upgrades). Feels like pre-covid level of service, which I really appreciate. The rooms are tasteful and are maintained well, even for a relatively young hotel. I prefer this to the Peninsula across the street and think it’s a better value too.
1) This is the kind of property where status as a repeat guest matters much more than elite status
2) Service for all guests is pretty great regardless
3) 25 credit was the norm well before Covid
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Adelphos
1) This is the kind of property where status as a repeat guest matters much more than elite status
2) Service for all guests is pretty great regardless
3) 25 credit was the norm well before Covid
Makes sense. As alluded, I figured the $25 per person credit was the norm pre covid just based off of my interactions with the FDA. Overall, I do like this hotel (especially given the cash rates compared to the Peninsula) but status is pretty meaningless here. It’s yet another WA that limits upgrades to 1 category. Not even a bad thing at this point… just something to know going in.

Not sure if inflation has impacted menu prices but that $25 only covers a continental breakfast currently. The American Breakfast is more than $35 and I don’t think that includes tax and tip. The restaurant looks nice though. I may use the credit as a discount on another meal if I feel up to it.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 1:42 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

The food here is beautifully presented on the roof but IMO it is overpriced poor quality for the price paid.I would never eat here again possibly drink
That said the rooftop ambience and views are great the team of servers and hosts polite and welcoming.
When the hotel first opened I dined inside the restaurant and it would call it the most disappointing meal
for 150 dollars for 1 I ever had in Los Angeles in over 25 years.
My server who I knew worked at Andaz WH previously a small world!
Expected much more based on the celebrity chef who of course doesn't cook there

I'm not a fan of the current GM either she is all talk and no action and can't even be bothered to follow up with guests
unless on social media where they feel they have too when saving face.
My email to her was ignored for a simple request.I did speak with her assistant who also couldn't follow up though promised too.
Booked a week elsewhere at the time
Thankfully the team in house is pretty good and the rooms most of the time are beautifully kept.They don't value Diamond members enough overall with suite upgrades,amenities avoiding the conversation entirely.
I come in expecting a king bed as my upgrade and if something slightly better happens its winning the lottery.
Have very little interest in Los Angeles any more so it solves much of the problem
Some of my favorite hotels and restaurants have closed sadly and there are other destinations that make me happier.
Perhaps I will feel differently in the years ahead when things recover more
Old Sep 1, 2021, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
The food here is beautifully presented on the roof but IMO it is overpriced poor quality for the price paid.I would never eat here again possibly drink
That said the rooftop ambience and views are great the team of servers and hosts polite and welcoming.
When the hotel first opened I dined inside the restaurant and it would call it the most disappointing meal
Fair enough. Thanks for the update. Sounds like a pass then. Any ideas on using the $50 credit? Think I already let one burn
Old Sep 1, 2021, 7:44 am

I'm not a fan of the current GM either she is all talk and no action and can't even be bothered to follow up with guests
unless on social media where they feel they have too when saving face.
My email to her was ignored for a simple request.I did speak with her assistant who also couldn't follow up though promised too.
Booked a week elsewhere at the time
Thankfully the team in house is pretty good and the rooms most of the time are beautifully kept.They don't value Diamond members enough overall with suite upgrades,amenities avoiding the conversation entirely.
I come in expecting a king bed as my upgrade and if something slightly better happens its winning the lottery.
Have very little interest in Los Angeles any more so it solves much of the problem
Some of my favorite hotels and restaurants have closed sadly and there are other destinations that make me happier.
Perhaps I will feel differently in the years ahead when things recover more
I'm not sure what properties in the US regularly give all Diamond members suite upgrades. Was your "simple request" a free suite?
Old Sep 1, 2021, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I'm not sure what properties in the US regularly give all Diamond members suite upgrades. Was your "simple request" a free suite?
No I did not but being you asked I requested that housekeeping make sure that my bed sheets were changed this time between guests including the mattress protector
It was obvious to the duty manager and myself that we found most of the bedding hadn't been serviced for considerable time other than the duvet cover which had been changed prior to my arrival
I had a bed filled will pubic hair,long hairs etc (not my hair colors) & sexual stains or something resembling that.
At the time the hotel told me if I called in advance they would make sure it would not happen again and they would make sure this wouldn't happen again
There are other reports of this on social media in the past.
Other than that the room was and has always been flawless without fault.
BTW The first stay I received a suite without asking just months after the original opening.
BTW I do receive suites at other US properties occasionally perhaps for over 20 plus years of Diamond status?
A few years gold somewhere in there in too.Though far less since Hilton started giving away the status more easily in years past.

I would debate some of the rooms here are better than the jr suites in my experience,far more beautiful and more private
and away from all the heavier traffic noise and car exhaust on Santa Monica Blvd.
As many here know the hotel and its management consider a king bed an upgrade one of the most bizarre practices I've ever witnessed
in my lifetime in the world not to say bad or good if you are a family
In New York for example two beds are considered a huge premium in may properties where space is at a premium.That makes some sense.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:02 am

No I did not but being you asked I requested that housekeeping make sure that my bed sheets were changed this time between guests including the mattress protector
It was obvious to the duty manager and myself that we found most of the bedding hadn't been serviced for considerable time other than the duvet cover which had been changed prior to my arrival
I had a bed filled will pubic hair,long hairs etc (not my hair colors) & sexual stains or something resembling that.
At the time the hotel told me if I called in advance they would make sure it would not happen again and they would make sure this wouldn't happen again
There are other reports of this on social media in the past.
Other than that the room was and has always been flawless without fault.
BTW The first stay I received a suite without asking just months after the original opening.
BTW I do receive suites at other US properties occasionally perhaps for over 20 plus years of Diamond status?
A few years gold somewhere in there in too.Though far less since Hilton started giving away the status more easily in years past.

I would debate some of the rooms here are better than the jr suites in my experience,far more beautiful and more private
and away from all the heavier traffic noise and car exhaust on Santa Monica Blvd.
As many here know the hotel and its management consider a king bed an upgrade one of the most bizarre practices I've ever witnessed
in my lifetime in the world not to say bad or good if you are a family
In New York for example two beds are considered a huge premium in may properties where space is at a premium.That makes some sense.
Im a little confused as to what the actual request was but regardless, I m not sure what you are referring to as a king bed being the upgrade. There are Superior and Deluxe Rooms that have 2 Queens, and Superior and Deluxe Rooms that have 1 King. The upgrade is from Superior to Deluxe.

Hotel loyalty programs have changed a lot in 20 years, particularly as chains sell status via credit cards.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Im a little confused as to what the actual request was but regardless, I m not sure what you are referring to as a king bed being the upgrade. There are Superior and Deluxe Rooms that have 2 Queens, and Superior and Deluxe Rooms that have 1 King. The upgrade is from Superior to Deluxe.

Hotel loyalty programs have changed a lot in 20 years, particularly as chains sell status via credit cards.
This property considers Superior Queen to Superior King as an upgrade. This is why points bookings are limited to superior queen and superior king ADA rooms.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:08 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Duplicate post
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Fair enough. Thanks for the update. Sounds like a pass then. Any ideas on using the $50 credit? Think I already let one burn
I probably would do breakfast eggs etc to burn up my credit or use it for drinks up on the roof weather permitting
unless your idea of a mediocre salad or a single average burger patty
is worth 40 plus dollars for one person even an average salad was close to that
When you add tax and tip and a beverage you owe them for the patty or 50 cents worth of leaves in the salad.
I spend a lot in restaurants but when I spend 75 dollars a person
for lunch as I did I expect a high quality premium product not just something all rooted in presentation.
Granted there are many that don't care.Its about the in crowd and being there.
Many dropped 200 plus for lunch with drinks etc and weren't concerned at all.
I personally don't want a dessert that is being thawed out of the freezer no matter how pretty it is when I am told by my server
it was created fresh that morning in the pastry kitchen
LA has great restaurants left and right of the hotel.But granted they have great ambiance if you wish to impress your date or traveling companions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.