FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills {US-CA}
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2021, 5:45 pm
WasKnown

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Only 1 category Diamond upgrade

Another Waldorf Astoria that is limiting Diamond upgrades to just 1 category. If we are being honest, it seems like they even don’t wish to grant Diamonds a 1-category upgrade. Perhaps they won’t even entertain upgrade requests from gold members? Also, they are fully embracing the $25 per person breakfast credit but I believe they were doing this before covid. Doubt I’ll end up eating breakfast here but I’m pretty confident they are organized about it given how thoroughly they explained it to me.

All of this aside, this is a good hotel (so far). Just don’t go into it expecting any meaningful elite benefits. The service is actually good outside of my upgrade request (fair enough, some hotels don’t like complimentary upgrades). Feels like pre-covid level of service, which I really appreciate. The rooms are tasteful and are maintained well, even for a relatively young hotel. I prefer this to the Peninsula across the street and think it’s a better value too.