Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Compensation request to hotel management and what type of compensation should I ask?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation request to hotel management and what type of compensation should I ask?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2016, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum,Hilton Diamond
I am sorry if I'm being a jerk but I am so pissed to receive those filthy room and feeling very dissapointed that they didn't ask my permission to move my stuff.I can see mixed opinion here,some say it is the right thing for hotel to do it and some said hotel not supposed to do it so I guess I will just let hotel to give opinion about this issue and I will update here again I am so sorry.

For the update on room move,yes I've been move to a new room,same category which is executive room.It is way much better in term of cleanliness but still got minor issue such as TV remote control not working,loud air-condition sound at midnight and TV channel was not available a whole second day due to raining and the feedback from hotel team is it is "normal" so I'm a bit shocked never heard of this especially in a 5 star hotel.Too much error for this stay .To those who think I'm exaggerating the issues,here I post some photos for your valuation.

Dirty bathroom floor

Mold in bathroom

Blood stain on countertop

Blood stain on duvet

Leaking shower handle

Stain on luggage rack and wall

Dust on left sidetable

Leftover welcome amenities from previous guest at my front door was there upon my arrival until late evening.

toiletries wrap look bad for hotel standard

Hairs and filthy carpet

Rusty razor blade

Curtain was not well hang

Night lighting not working

Reading light also stuck in there and cannot be press

TV not working whole second day due to raining.come on,this is Malaysia, a tropical country which it is raining through out the year.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
To the OP. You need to get over it. No one has said your first room was not acceptable. When you told the hotel about the problem, they moved you to a new, cleaner room. YOU left the hotel without telling them when you would be back. If they did not move your belongings, they would not have been able to properly clean the room until you came back and decided to move your belongs. They were trying to make you as comfortable as possible by moving your belongs.

As for the TV not working, that may, or may not, be a hotel issue. How many times have you had a problem with your home cable, DSL etc?

Bottom line is that you were move to a similar category room (so you got what you paid for, in fact you say it was an Executive room so you had probably received a free upgrade). As other have said, YOU did not stick around to move your belongings so the hotel moved them for you. They have offered you compensation which most feel is reasonable.
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The one time I asked to change rooms and they said it wasn't ready yet and I had to leave, I packed and took my suitcase to the front desk and asked them to put it in the new room and I would pick up the key when I got back. Worked perfect.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Problem solved..duty manager called me this morning and regarding to the room cleanliness yes they admit it is not acceptable at all and about the room move according to hotel's SOP, they said for whatever reason,they supposed to ask guest first to move anything from my room and it was clearly their fault.as a compensation,they offer me a suite upgrade next time and 10000 points.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deant
To the OP. You need to get over it. No one has said your first room was not acceptable. When you told the hotel about the problem, they moved you to a new, cleaner room. YOU left the hotel without telling them when you would be back. If they did not move your belongings, they would not have been able to properly clean the room until you came back and decided to move your belongs. They were trying to make you as comfortable as possible by moving your belongs.

As for the TV not working, that may, or may not, be a hotel issue. How many times have you had a problem with your home cable, DSL etc?

Bottom line is that you were move to a similar category room (so you got what you paid for, in fact you say it was an Executive room so you had probably received a free upgrade). As other have said, YOU did not stick around to move your belongings so the hotel moved them for you. They have offered you compensation which most feel is reasonable.
Come on,please help your self looking at previous page because there is some who think I'm exaggerating the cleanliness issues with the razor blade,blood etc..regarding to the room changes,yes hotel can move my thing without me being there but a simple call for permission is not that hard.for the executive room no it is not an upgrade..it is the same room that i originally booked.for the tv issue never i face the same issue anywhere especially in a 5 star hotel.and regarding what you say about compensation,i never received a compensation offer until this morning just now so what do you mean by "They have offered you compensation which most feel is reasonable"..the main purpose that i wrote here is to get some idea on what shoulf I request for compensation so basically i didnot receive any compensation offer until this morning so how on earth you said most think the compensation i received is reasonable?

Last edited by theaccesscard; Sep 1, 2016 at 9:18 pm
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:01 pm

Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Having seen the photographs I doubt if I would want to stay anywhere in the hotel, let alone unpack of use the bathroom even if a friend was waiting in the lobby. I would also be very concerned about the possibility of bed bugs.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
It’s past midnight and I return to the room with a TV that is not working and to add,wifi was also not working
log a case with Hilton Guest Assistance and they said both internet and TV is down for all the room in level 29(my room level) and they are working to rectifying it
possible to try to some compensation?
btw the hotel is also Doubletree KL
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:45 am

Deleted
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by teo1991
It’s past midnight and I return to the room with a TV that is not working and to add,wifi was also not working
log a case with Hilton Guest Assistance and they said both internet and TV is down for all the room in level 29(my room level) and they are working to rectifying it
possible to try to some compensation?
btw the hotel is also Doubletree KL
IME, you either don’t travel much or have an unreasonable expectation about what happens when you travel. If you paid for internet, you should of course expect a refund. Maybe they’ll throw some points at you to make the issue disappear. Life’s short...move on.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld

IME, you either don’t travel much or have an unreasonable expectation about what happens when you travel. If you paid for internet, you should of course expect a refund. Maybe they’ll throw some points at you to make the issue disappear. Life’s short...move on.
well I travel quite a bit and never had an experience where both wifi and TV doesn’t work.its usually the wifi or TV,but not both at the same time
anyway thanks for the reply
As you have said life goes on
And so I settled it with a couple of cookies

Last edited by teo1991; Feb 16, 2019 at 10:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.