Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton UK - Cashback gone (Quidco and TCB)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton UK - Cashback gone (Quidco and TCB)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
There is still a sale going on though, I did wonder if cashback was removed during the sale and we might see it back once it's ended.

Santander are offering 5% cashback for Hilton worldwide though and Nationwide is currently 10% for Hilton UK bookings.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:44 am
KRS

I had an old (booked in Feb 2016) Quidco Hilton booking go to Confirmed on 04 August; so it appears there is still hope for bookings done before they were removed...
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
My April bookings moved to confirmed last week, too. Now the long, arduous wait for 'Payable'.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Also had a few go to confirmed.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Just had confirmation by Topcashback that several high value bookings with Hilton for nearly $3000 have been declined.

I was expecting around $350 cashback for these few bookings and am annoyed to say the least.

To make matters worse all of my small value bookings paying just a few dollars have recently gone to payable, it is only the high value bookings affected.

Topcashback tell me although I followed all the terms and conditions Hilton have decided to not honour them and there is nothing they can do as Hilton are no longer a partner of theirs.

Whilst I understand their partnership has now ended and no future cashback can be earned it is not very ethical to decline valid cashback for bookings made whilst the partnership was in place

Very dissapointed in Topcashback and Hilton.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
My last two bookings went to declined and after checking them, it was as it should be. I never stayed at these hotels, as my error fare tickets were cancelled by BA.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Had a bunch of payouts from Quidco mainly for IHG, but also one of the three Hilton stays from last April.
I think it was the one I had submitted a claim for, the other two are still sat at the tracked status.
I don't think I will bother with Quidco for Hilton if it were to re-appear, they offer better rewards for using their app and waiting nearly a year for a "chance" of cash back isn't worth the gamble.
IHG seem to be much quicker and reliable with Quidco.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
I have lost around 200 GBP from declined cashback (2015 stays). I used to convert them to Tesco and then to Avios (now also no longer possible), so 48000 avios that I value at around 480 GBP lost. My love affair with TCB and also the trustworthiness of the Hilton brand have taken quite a bit of a hit over this.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:53 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
I have lost around 200 GBP from declined cashback (2015 stays). I used to convert them to Tesco and then to Avios (now also no longer possible), so 48000 avios that I value at around 480 GBP lost. My love affair with TCB and also the trustworthiness of the Hilton brand have taken quite a bit of a hit over this.
I wonder whether utilising hhonorsrepresentative on here, or any twitter presence for Hhonors might be a way of expediting these issues with cash back sites.

From what I've seen, Hilton and other companies do the deals with Quidco and Topcashback etc and then just walk away if anything goes wrong.
When you query with Quidco etc you get told that Hilton won't allow them to pursue or investigate queries.

It seems that there is a wide void between the customer and the Hilton side of these transactions that Quidco and topcashback are unable to bridge.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I have about a dozen which have not been credited. I messaged Quidco who asked me to provide details of the associated stays. I wonder if there is any point based on others postings here.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Markie
I have about a dozen which have not been credited. I messaged Quidco who asked me to provide details of the associated stays. I wonder if there is any point based on others postings here.
I would be interested to see what they do if you do give them the info they are asking for, as I've said above previously they've refused to escalate.
Maybe something has changed?
There seems to be evidence on here of a lot of stays from a long time ago suddenly updating and then eventually paying out, as if somebody is working through a backlog.

It could possibly signal a return to Quidco if they've now sorted out an issue, maybe that was why they pulled the plug last year?

If IHG can get the IT working, anyone can!

Last edited by adobbing; Jan 8, 2017 at 5:11 am
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:31 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by adobbing
IIt could possibly signal a return to Quidco if they've now sorted out an issue, maybe that was why they pulled the plug last year?
I would be very surprised if they returned to Quidco or Topcashback as Hilton seem to be more interested in trying to encourage people to book through the app.

Having said that though they do still I think appear in an a couple of 'cashback' sites (Avios.com and American Airlines e-shopping portal) if you count airline miles as cashback.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just received my money from Hilton on TCB. Booked April 16, stayed in May.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:30 am
KRS

Just received GBP274 from Quidco for 2 Hilton stays; booked in January 2016, stayed in October 2016
Old Feb 11, 2017, 8:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Just chasing up my 3 Quidco Hilton stays from April last year with their online chat support.
Turns out one of them that I had to claim for when it didn't track was actually paid out on 6th January this year.

Just 2 more to chase now!

Result of online chat;

Them - "I'm afraid we're currently in dispute with Hilton over outstanding cashback. Hilton are no longer offering cashback on any cashback sites, However, we're still trying to settle the outstanding balance with Hilton. We understand this has caused a delay in you receiving your funds, as we haven't had any recent outcome from Hilton in regards to their outstanding balance we have escalated this to be taken further."

Me - "Thanks, do you have any timescales?"

Them - "I'm afraid not as we're currently in dispute with Hilton over their outstanding balance since being removed from our site."

Last edited by adobbing; Feb 11, 2017 at 8:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.