Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton UK - Cashback gone (Quidco and TCB)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton UK - Cashback gone (Quidco and TCB)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 2:02 pm
KRS

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Let's hope they pay for previous stays. I have significant amounts tracked and waiting for payments.
Originally Posted by Delectatio
Same here, I have about 12 bookings 'tracked' but not 'confirmed' yet...
It's a substantial amount of money, I hope they will pay it.
I just today had a Quidco claim declined, for a 1 Feb 2016 booking (I stayed 7 weeks ago) :
Unfortunately your cashback has been declined. We're sorry to tell you that this retailer does not accept cashback claims, so we're unable to investigate this further for you.
I haven't read the T&Cs so not surprised if they are within their rights to do this, but it is certainly annoying if existing claims won't pay either. For instance I have 7 days in the Seychelles later this year, that booking alone is > GBP100...

Caveat: this declined transaction was a BRG booking so was adjusted by Hilton after the initial booking; though that has generally not been a problem with other retailers like Marriott in the past.

Last edited by KRS; May 10, 2016 at 3:36 pm Reason: Clarification about Quidco
Old May 10, 2016, 2:45 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
TCB has some pretty annoying customer service update messages but I think telling you that the retailer does not accept cashback claims when TCB also offered you the cashback clickthrough is ridiculous.

Not Hilton but I had a claim rejected by Sixt for a 7 day Mercedes rental from LHR. I got the spiel about cashback not being guaranteed but a bonus, but cashback surely affects your choice of sales channel and also provider.

Probably its only a matter of time before they get their feet held to the fire by someone over basic contract law.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I have around £120 tracked on Quidco, oldest one from August 2015, for stays in Sept 2015. One stay is in next few weeks. Interestingly my recent stays are already paid but not the oldest one from August.

I would stay in these hotels regardless but getting cashback was a bonus.
Old May 11, 2016, 9:45 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by KRS
Caveat: this declined transaction was a BRG booking so was adjusted by Hilton after the initial booking; though that has generally not been a problem with other retailers like Marriott in the past.
In the past I have received cashback from Topcashback UK and Quidco on Hilton reservations with adjusted rates following BRG approvals.
Old May 11, 2016, 9:54 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Not Hilton but I had a claim rejected by Sixt for a 7 day Mercedes rental from LHR. I got the spiel about cashback not being guaranteed but a bonus, but cashback surely affects your choice of sales channel and also provider.

Probably its only a matter of time before they get their feet held to the fire by someone over basic contract law.
Totally agree with you. From this thread in the Consumer Action Group forum, it appears that Topcashback UK will drag its feet and refuse to pay out in cases where cashback has been 'declined' (for spurious reasons) unless you send a letter before action and threaten to bring a small claim.
Old May 12, 2016, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paul00
Totally agree with you. From this thread in the Consumer Action Group forum, it appears that Topcashback UK will drag its feet and refuse to pay out in cases where cashback has been 'declined' (for spurious reasons) unless you send a letter before action and threaten to bring a small claim.
I do have some sympathy - if the merchant refuses to pay TCB then who exactly is responsible in a legal sense?

I've always thought of affiliate marketing cash back as ultimately doomed. One thing is a popular blog or website showing an ad that might convince somebody to book a Hilton or, even better for them, pitching the merchant directly. It's another thing entirely for somebody already wanting to stay at a Hilton to find a way to get a rebate via a shopping portal. Maybe it's a cheap way to attract cost-sensitive guests without lowering prices across the board, but since hotel chains come (and mostly) go, I suspect their number-crunching gives some ambivalent results at best...

I had an extended email back-and-forth with the AA shopping portal people because my claim was denied for the Hampton in Cartagena, Colombia while their T&Cs excluded the Hilton in Cartagena. Various agents kept insisting that since the Hampton's full name is Hampton by Hilton, it also was excluded. Complete nonsense of course, no matter how many times i explained the existence of 2 different hotels in different locations with different brand names.

Eventually I just accepted that Hilton wasn't going to pay Cartera and so I wouldn't get any miles. But a few months later they still haven't taken my suggestion of updating their T&Cs to make clear the exclusion of the Hampton.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
And Hilton is having a sale now! Was going to book and claim a cashback on TCB but cant do that now. Cash back is still available on the TCB US site but at 4-6% will ask customer service to see if they know what happened.
Old May 14, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Had an email back from Topcashback uk yesterday stating that Hilton is no longer a partner of Topcashback.
Something must has happened at high level or maybe a dispute of some kind but I do not think it is a temporary blip.
I hope my pending cashback becomes payable as I have over £150 cashback waiting to be processed on nearly £2000 worth of bookings
Shame as I made all my bookings with Hilton via Topcashback which earnt me a nice little stash !
Old May 14, 2016, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by PaulH1
Had an email back from Topcashback uk yesterday stating that Hilton is no longer a partner of Topcashback.
Something must has happened at high level or maybe a dispute of some kind but I do not think it is a temporary blip.!
More likely a change in marketing strategy than a dispute between Hilton & TCB as they have also disappeared from Quidco & Reward Gateway (Via selected employers) as well and they all disappeared within hours of each other.

They still seem to be available on Virgin Atlantics shopping channel at 6 miles to the pound. Not quite the same as cash but better than nothing I suppose.
Old May 14, 2016, 10:50 am

Just use the dot com instead.
They have Hilton.
Topcashback.com

Does it matter
Old May 16, 2016, 7:05 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PaulH1
Something must has happened at high level or maybe a dispute of some kind but I do not think it is a temporary blip.
I hope my pending cashback becomes payable as I have over £150 cashback waiting to be processed on nearly £2000 worth of bookings
Shame as I made all my bookings with Hilton via Topcashback which earnt me a nice little stash !

Reply from them: I am sorry to say that Hilton's Hotels are no longer offering any cashback with us. As they have now expired on our site they are no longer accepting any claims for any bookings. This is a decision that is made by the merchant and not ourselves. Even if I was able to override this they would go onto decline it without looking into it.

I can only apologise that this isn't a positive response and we aren't able to help you get your cashback. But if you do have any further queries please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Had an expensive stay which is supposed to be uplifted to the correct cashback percentage of 18% after the stay. Now they wont honour it.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just wondering whether anyone has had any movement on their outstanding Hilton cashback on TopCashBack. I have quite a bit - my transactions did track albeit at a substantially lower rate than quoted - so I'm hoping that what DID track will get paid out eventually.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 8:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
myself and my uncle just got 2 confirmed payments for stays through quidco, was some time ago right enough, but at least the money came through
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Nothing in the last couple of months.

All just sitting there pending on TCB
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Just to add, this actually started a while back, I was surprised there wasn't a thread on it.

The first indication was last year when you could no longer payout through Tesco Clubcard (well, above the usual £50 limit at least which didn't used to apply to Hilton as it was the only option). The chain then disappeared completely a couple of months back.

It's a real shame for me albeit I've had plenty of use out of it. I spent a year doing 5nights/ week with a company that allowed me to book my own hotels and claim afterwards - as you can imagine using the Hilton Credit card + TCB did me very nicely, especially as I always block booked whenever the cashback was 16% etc. I almost always transferred to Tesco CC and then into avios which was great value for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.