Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton UK - Cashback gone (Quidco and TCB)

Old May 3, 2016, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Silver, BA Blue, GF Silver, 3V Emerald

Hilton has vanished from Topcashback and Quidco.

Anyone know if this is a blip after the login problems or if it's gone for good?
Old May 3, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Yep it's gone

Hopefully just a temporary thing.

Despite having endless problems with things not tracking at all, being declined for no reason and tracking at incorrect amounts I still managed to get a decent amount of cash back from them.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
same here - lots of tracking problems - think only 2 stays ever automatically posted shame as did get quite a lot of cashback ... lets hope is a temporary removal. Others like ebay come and go.
Old May 4, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
I've never really had a problem with tracking so this is a big loss for me as this was the thing that swung things for me towards Hilton for every booking. If this is gone, I may have to switch back to Hyatt/IHG.
Old May 4, 2016, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
Despite having endless problems with things not tracking at all, being declined for no reason and tracking at incorrect amounts I still managed to get a decent amount of cash back from them.
In principle every time you use PR13CB or PR11PN you don't qualify for cashback...

I always used a browser that I regularly erased cookies from, and never accessed Hilton directly (only via TCB) when using that specific browser. A pain... but needed to be done to avoid conflicting cookies.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
In principle every time you use PR13CB or PR11PN you don't qualify for cashback...

I always used a browser that I regularly erased cookies from, and never accessed Hilton directly (only via TCB) when using that specific browser. A pain... but needed to be done to avoid conflicting cookies.
I (legitimately) use PR11PN.

What is the basis for PR13CB?

Thanks
Old May 6, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Let's hope they pay for previous stays. I have significant amounts tracked and waiting for payments.
Old May 6, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
I (legitimately) use PR11PN.

What is the basis for PR13CB?

Thanks
Hilton is not showing up any longer on my Corporate Benefits page, it has been replaced by IHG (among others). Thanks bloggers .
Old May 6, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Let's hope they pay for previous stays. I have significant amounts tracked and waiting for payments.
Same here, I have about 12 bookings 'tracked' but not 'confirmed' yet...
It's a substantial amount of money, I hope they will pay it.
Old May 8, 2016, 10:21 am

This is an interesting one if, as it seems, Hilton is no longer on Quidco- do i

a/ Book Hilton direct (without Quidco) just to get the hilton points or
b/ Book via Hotels.com etc to get 10-15% cashback on the booking

I already have a LOT of points and am Diamond anyway so tempted more by b as he money i make off weekly stays is considerable
Old May 8, 2016, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by JoeShmoe99

I already have a LOT of points and am Diamond anyway so tempted more by b as he money i make off weekly stays is considerable
I'd do b), remember you also get hotels.com credit which is effectively another 10% cashback...
Old May 8, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

If you don't need the points and stay credit there really is no reason to book directly. Sometimes the bonus promos can make up the difference, but I agree it is not much.
It can be tedious to get the Hilton # into 3rd party reservations, that's the only downside as some hotels assign better room ahead of time.
Old May 8, 2016, 3:46 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hilton is my biggest spend TCB merchant with about £1950 total. I had some good large stays and got a good chunk of cashback with them. I have two pending, one that I stayed at in March and another that I am staying this week. I also have one untracked claim.

Cool thing about Hilton was that it can only draw out to Tesco so I understood that even if you were over £50 to Tesco then you can still draw Hilton out. Not a situation I have been in for the last 3 years but a situation that I am in now.

I'm not too cut up about Hilton disappearing because I just dropped down from HH Gold to Silver. But having options is always better than not having optons.
Old May 9, 2016, 10:05 am

Thanks all - yep, will do hotels.com for now - although is there any way to tell tejm youre an HH member? Last time i booked with them the hotel didnt upgrade me or give me the free breakfast , not a big deal tbh but wondered if theres a way they can pass through your member details on booking ?
Old May 10, 2016, 8:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Thanks all - yep, will do hotels.com for now - although is there any way to tell tejm youre an HH member? Last time i booked with them the hotel didnt upgrade me or give me the free breakfast , not a big deal tbh but wondered if theres a way they can pass through your member details on booking ?
No benefits with Hhonors if you use a third party site.

No breakfast, no upgrade & no points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.