Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Targeted 3x Points Email Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted 3x Points Email Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 5:06 pm

Hi, I received the targeted e-mails, too, and was even told about the special codes for 3X by two desk clerks, I used the "Z" codes to book the rooms and also had to fight for the points. Amazes me as to how many Hilton "points promotions" don't feed correctly.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jws5527
Pure conjecture on my part....I received the promotion email (ostensibly) from Doubletree. Although the fine print says, "Offer valid at participating hotels and resorts in the Hilton HHonors™ portfolio in the Americas". My missing points were from a stay at an Embassy Suites, is it possible that HH's system was coded to only award the bonus points for stays at the brand "sending" the email?
Sorry to read that you had a similarly frustrating experience. The email I received was from Hampton Inn and the points never posted from a Hilton stay. The email clearly states that it is valid at all HHonors hotels, but you bring up a good point. Maybe they coded the offer on the backend for the points to only post when staying at the brand that delivered the email, despite the instructions to book anywhere?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

just make sure that when you book - the rate option says 3X POINTS OFFER. I have had no problems as long as I booked that. Just entering the special code does NOT get you the points. Many time, the code gets entered but the 3X POINTS OFFER rate doesn't show up. Sometimes one code shows up, and the other one does not so I usually have to try both of them. Still, not always does the 3X POINTS OFFER rate show up.

It clearly says it when you select the room/rate at booking - and I believe that's the only way you are going to get them to automatically post.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Originally Posted by RCTP
Targeted you say eh?

What about those of us who NEVER receive any email from Hilton at all?

Lol
+1. Never get anything. Being taken for grated AGAIN.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by alchemista
just make sure that when you book - the rate option says 3X POINTS OFFER. I have had no problems as long as I booked that. Just entering the special code does NOT get you the points. Many time, the code gets entered but the 3X POINTS OFFER rate doesn't show up. Sometimes one code shows up, and the other one does not so I usually have to try both of them. Still, not always does the 3X POINTS OFFER rate show up.

It clearly says it when you select the room/rate at booking - and I believe that's the only way you are going to get them to automatically post.
Not necessarily. I appropriately booked the 3x points rates and took screenshots of my rate plan as booked. I still spent over 6 weeks fighting with multiple parties at Hilton to get the points posted. I sent screen shots of the rate to Hilton guest assistance and even forwarded the e-mail back to guest assistance that Hilton sent to me showing I was targeted. After 2 guest assistance cases, 20+ e-mails, many calls, a diamond desk rep finally helped me and posted the 130,000 missing points. No one I spoke with except the final helpful DD agent understood the difference between this offer and 'triple your trip'. They kept closing the case, notating that triple points had posted, without contacting me or reading the information I submitted.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Anybody have any recent experiences as far as getting points to post? I was targeted and have used this rate well over a dozen times. In the past, If I stayed at 4 different hotels in a week, 3 out of 4 nights would post (3 times points) correctly. A quick call to the diamond desk would get the 4th night extra points posted. The last DD agent told me it T&C's say it may take up to 8 weeks, but generally doesn't. My response was why did the others post correctly then? Now, last week, I have 4 stays, all correctly coded when booked, correct (Z3X) rate code on the receipt and not one of them credited extra points. Knowing T&C's say up to 8 weeks, how long do I wait to call? Other times I had the example of the other stays that week posting correctly, this time I don't. Thoughts?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:52 am

After having this code properly work for my first three stays, I had a ticket filed a few months ago, and after repeatedly calling back, they finally credited me for a night's worth of missing points (but no explanation of what the issue was). I continued booking with this rate and when all of my stays were missing the 3x points, I went round and round with them until they finally told me: "We have been advised that the offer was originally intended to credit the bonus points for one qualifying stay per member but a glitch in the system caused the bonus to keep posting up to June 1, 2016, when it was discovered. We do regret the inconvenience this has caused all of the affected members."
First of all, I had points correctly appear for stays AFTER June 1. Second, they initially harassed me about it being only for targeted members (I was) and many reps flat out told me I was eligible beyond the first stay.

I told them that wasn't an acceptable response and they credited me for 3/5 of my missing stays, so I'm now waiting on the other two (and not using this code in the future as it's WAY too much of a hassle). (I didn't bother waiting eight weeks to call, as if it's going to post, it will post right away with the other points.)
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aliciamac
After having this code properly work for my first three stays, I had a ticket filed a few months ago, and after repeatedly calling back, they finally credited me for a night's worth of missing points (but no explanation of what the issue was). I continued booking with this rate and when all of my stays were missing the 3x points, I went round and round with them until they finally told me: "We have been advised that the offer was originally intended to credit the bonus points for one qualifying stay per member but a glitch in the system caused the bonus to keep posting up to June 1, 2016, when it was discovered. We do regret the inconvenience this has caused all of the affected members."
First of all, I had points correctly appear for stays AFTER June 1. Second, they initially harassed me about it being only for targeted members (I was) and many reps flat out told me I was eligible beyond the first stay.

I told them that wasn't an acceptable response and they credited me for 3/5 of my missing stays, so I'm now waiting on the other two (and not using this code in the future as it's WAY too much of a hassle). (I didn't bother waiting eight weeks to call, as if it's going to post, it will post right away with the other points.)
thanks for the update. the email says "Valid for stays between February 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017."

So I don't know where the June date comes from.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by alchemista
thanks for the update. the email says "Valid for stays between February 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017."

So I don't know where the June date comes from.
I agree, that is a bizarre response. I've haven't had any issues with recent stays in September posting the bonus automatically. It also shows up under "my offers", and I can see the total points earned. No mention anywhere in the terms and conditions about this June date or only being valid once. Maybe you are working with a misinformed agent, that doesn't understand the offer? Can you see the promotion as something you are registered for under my offers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.