Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Targeted 3x Points Email Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted 3x Points Email Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I received this email yesterday as well. The conditions were very confusing so I called the Diamond Desk to ask how the promotion worked. The agent I spoke with was also confused by the email, had to read it several times, and still didn't convince me 100% that she understood it. I asked if I needed to cancel all of my upcoming reservations and rebook using the codes from the email and she said no. She stated the code was already tagged on my HH account and should automatically assign the points after a stay. I received the Hilton Garden email, and she said the stays did not need to specifically at a Hilton Garden, either.

I was not convinced and will probably call back later this week to see if I can get more clarification.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:43 am

I think many people just make this harder than it needs to be, and are looking for every loophole in the world to get these bonus points.

Clearly contained within the email: Must book Plan Code “ZZHPT3” or “Z3X”, online only. If you didn't book your existing reservation using these codes (which you didn't, because you didn't type those codes in), then you don't get the bonus points.

The email offer seems to be very clear. You don't get triple points on existing reservations. If you're not certain if a hotel participates, type the code in when making a reservation. If it doesn't work, the website tells you right away.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Everyone who receives this email, make sure you print it as well as any reservation you booked as proof and be prepared to fight. I was targeted last year, but it took me two months of fighting with guest assistance to get the 130,000 points I was shorted from a stay last year. No one I spoke with understood what the rate was. A helpful diamond desk agent who knew what to do finally posted them after opening 2 guest assistance cases. I even had to forward the email Hilton sent me and that wasn't enough for guest assistance. Be prepared to get frustrated.
Did you get it to apply for multiple stays during the promo period? Or was it only on the next stay?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:42 am
Original Poster

The search page is behaving differently today. If you try to search for only a 1-night stay, it will come back with an error that it doesn't meet the minimum stay. You'll also see that the "GET TRIPLE POINTS" option is selected.

Now, my search results have a room rate that clearly says "3X POINTS OFFER..." whereas yesterday they did not. Also, when you click to book a room, on the left side the "GET TRIPLE POINTS.." is one of the rate option selections.

So maybe they've fixed it up today and now it's more obvious that this is a special rate code for each room, and your search results will show you the "3X POINTS OFFER" as one of the options when you go to book a room.

The 3X offer is cheaper than the 2X offer rate though. It looks like the 3X is the regular price best-rate.

Do these 3X stack with the ongoing double-your-miles promo?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by alchemista
Did you get it to apply for multiple stays during the promo period? Or was it only on the next stay?
I only received the points for one stay that was booked using the rate code that was listed in the e-mail I received.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Originally Posted by RCTP
Targeted you say eh?

What about those of us who NEVER receive any email from Hilton at all?

Lol

This. Wish they would sort it out.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Just as an update, I booked a few stays under this promotion on the website, used the code, got the confirmation email, but the points never posted.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Just as an update, I booked a few stays under this promotion on the website, used the code, got the confirmation email, but the points never posted.
I got my extra points. Are you sure you picked the rate that said 3X? It's a rate that shows up separately.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by alchemista
I got my extra points. Are you sure you picked the rate that said 3X? It's a rate that shows up separately.
Were you "targeted"?

(But yes: I had confirmed emails that said they were booked under the 3X rate).

TDM
Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Were you "targeted"?

(But yes: I had confirmed emails that said they were booked under the 3X rate).

TDM
Yes, I was targeted for 3X. When I booked, I made sure the 3X POINTS rate was selected. The extra points are listed in my online past reservations points detail.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I received my triple points, as well as the double points promotions upon completing my stay that was specifically booked using the code I received in the email.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
I received this targeted off and will try it for a stay the last week of March. Can anyone confirm if it is a one time deal or can it be used multiple times until it expires?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ENG17
I received this targeted off and will try it for a stay the last week of March. Can anyone confirm if it is a one time deal or can it be used multiple times until it expires?
can use multiple times - just make sure you have selected the rate that says "3X" on the description
Old Apr 2, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Everyone who receives this email, make sure you print it as well as any reservation you booked as proof and be prepared to fight. I was targeted last year, but it took me two months of fighting with guest assistance to get the 130,000 points I was shorted from a stay last year. No one I spoke with understood what the rate was. A helpful diamond desk agent who knew what to do finally posted them after opening 2 guest assistance cases. I even had to forward the email Hilton sent me and that wasn't enough for guest assistance. Be prepared to get frustrated.
I received an email (from Doubletree) last fall offering 3x points stays through 1/31/2016 as long as I use one of the special codes. The points never posted and I inquired of Hhonors as to why. Well, I was told that the promotion was targeted. I replied that I understood the promotion was targeted, but I was one of the targets. Well, after several phone calls and emails, I was told I would be granted the points as a "courtesy". In the end it's the same (i.e., I got my points) so I really didn't care all that much, but a courtesy? I offered to forward the promotional email that I received but I was told it was unnecessary.

Pure conjecture on my part....I received the promotion email (ostensibly) from Doubletree. Although the fine print says, "Offer valid at participating hotels and resorts in the Hilton HHonors™ portfolio in the Americas". My missing points were from a stay at an Embassy Suites, is it possible that HH's system was coded to only award the bonus points for stays at the brand "sending" the email?
Old Apr 2, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by jws5527
I received an email (from Doubletree) last fall offering 3x points stays through 1/31/2016 as long as I use one of the special codes. The points never posted and I inquired of Hhonors as to why. Well, I was told that the promotion was targeted. I replied that I understood the promotion was targeted, but I was one of the targets. Well, after several phone calls and emails, I was told I would be granted the points as a "courtesy". In the end it's the same (i.e., I got my points) so I really didn't care all that much, but a courtesy? I offered to forward the promotional email that I received but I was told it was unnecessary.

Pure conjecture on my part....I received the promotion email (ostensibly) from Doubletree. Although the fine print says, "Offer valid at participating hotels and resorts in the Hilton HHonors™ portfolio in the Americas". My missing points were from a stay at an Embassy Suites, is it possible that HH's system was coded to only award the bonus points for stays at the brand "sending" the email?
Or maybe the ES you stayed at was not participating?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.