Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Targeted 3x Points Email Promotion

Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:58 am
Original Poster

I received an email this morning titled:
"<name>, because you're a valued guest, take advantage of this special offer. Email exclusive!"

It says earn 3x on your next stay. It appears that you have to book online through the link in the email. Expiration goes all the way through january 2017 so it's hard to tell if it's only on your next stay, or if it's good all the way through then?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:34 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I got the same e-mail. I'm somewhat skeptical, because of the T&C:
"Must book Plan Code ZZHPT3 or Z3X, online only"

I have yet to check the plan code, but it sounds like it's one of those pay extra on rates to get extra points type of deal.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by solewalker

I have yet to check the plan code, but it sounds like it's one of those pay extra on rates to get extra points type of deal.
When you click the email link, then search for hotels on that page, there's a box at top that says showing 3x points or something like that. So, I think there's a good chance that if you book from that page then it will count - I didn't notice any special rates.

I rebooked mine for next week so hopefully will know soon if it works the way it seems.

Does anyone know if the "on your next stay" promotions are usually only good for your next stay, or if they stay valid for the whole expiration period on multiple stays?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:54 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Did not receive the email, but I just attempted to change a reservation booked with the MVP code but using this code instead. It indeed appeared to be possible to book it. Cost was 20% more than the MVP rate. But, of course, MVP rate is 20% off rack rate. So, looks like a good deal if regular rate with 3X points.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:26 pm

Thanks, I also didnt receive this offer, but I used the Z3X code and its the same price as easy cancellation. I had previously booked a 2X points package, which costs U$ 12 more, so Ill save a bit and get more points.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by solewalker

Exactly. I have a HGI booked in April, so I checked the price difference. The difference between the rate I have and the 3x point rate is more than what it would cost to buy the points difference.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Delta Gold, Avis Preferred Plus,
They did this last year and if you were not targeted the points never showed up. they let you book it and you get the confirmation just never receive the points. If you call up they say it was targeted and you are out of luck
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by poker9ite
They did this last year and if you were not targeted the points never showed up. they let you book it and you get the confirmation just never receive the points. If you call up they say it was targeted and you are out of luck
I got burned by this too last year. Booked this rate and did not get the 3x points (aka extra 2x points). Was told not targeted. Also, halfway in, they changed their Terms to reflect only targeted accounts will be entitled to the extra points.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PayItForward
I got burned by this too last year. Booked this rate and did not get the 3x points (aka extra 2x points). Was told not targeted. Also, halfway in, they changed their Terms to reflect only targeted accounts will be entitled to the extra points.
Those of you that have the history... other than the targeted nature (I was targeted so that's not an issue), was it a 1-time promotion (your next stay only)? or was it available for the whole time period before the expiration they stated?

I would imagine this is next-stay only because the expiration goes all the way to Jan 2017.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by alchemista
Those of you that have the history... other than the targeted nature (I was targeted so that's not an issue), was it a 1-time promotion (your next stay only)? or was it available for the whole time period before the expiration they stated?

I would imagine this is next-stay only because the expiration goes all the way to Jan 2017.
The last round, it was supposed to be stays within the promotion period but you have to be targeted. Unfortunately, I cannot tell for sure as my stays did not qualify. You do need someone targeted and stayed. But this promo might not be the same as last promo too. Best is to call / email and ask.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PayItForward
The last round, it was supposed to be stays within the promotion period but you have to be targeted. Unfortunately, I cannot tell for sure as my stays did not qualify. You do need someone targeted and stayed. But this promo might not be the same as last promo too. Best is to call / email and ask.
I don't trust Hilton's response any more than someone on here since they are often clueless about the details as well It's only the programmers who really know what the system is going to trigger/credit.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Also, the email said Garden Inn, but when I click the link it shows all hotels in the area.

Any idea if it truly has to be a garden inn? The graphic showed it but the T&C appear to be for any participating hotel... but what does that mean?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Targeted you say eh?

What about those of us who NEVER receive any email from Hilton at all?

Lol
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StangGT909
Also, the email said Garden Inn, but when I click the link it shows all hotels in the area.

Any idea if it truly has to be a garden inn? The graphic showed it but the T&C appear to be for any participating hotel... but what does that mean?
I'm not sure, but guess it's any hotel that shows up after searching from the landing page. I received 2 email invitations - one from HGI and one from embassy suites, so it's possible it's exclusive to them but it doesn't seem like it when you do the search.

I wish companies would make it very clear how their promotions work instead of leaving it open-ended like this.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Everyone who receives this email, make sure you print it as well as any reservation you booked as proof and be prepared to fight. I was targeted last year, but it took me two months of fighting with guest assistance to get the 130,000 points I was shorted from a stay last year. No one I spoke with understood what the rate was. A helpful diamond desk agent who knew what to do finally posted them after opening 2 guest assistance cases. I even had to forward the email Hilton sent me and that wasn't enough for guest assistance. Be prepared to get frustrated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.