Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Chicago, Illinois USA {US-IL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Chicago, Illinois USA {US-IL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by theblakefish
The Drake is an experience...but much like the Waldorf in NYC, the rooms are strikingly small.
On our two visits we were given rooms that were approx 400 sq ft. and 700 sq ft. , which I did not consider that small.
For comparision, the 400 sq ft room was 2-3 times the size of a normal HI room. The 700 sq ft room was 3-4 times the size of a normal HI room.

I think there are a few small rooms (that possibly look over the AC units). I recall reading some reviews from a couple years ago (on FT) where FTers were stuck in these rooms.

We had 9 people in the larger room (700 sq ft) and we could have easily fit a couple more in and it would not have been crowded. 9 people were there for the birthday party, only 4 actually slept in the room.
That room was one of their Family Suites.

*I am not good at estimating sq ft so that is why the comparision is provided.

Last edited by infinityplusone; Aug 3, 2006 at 9:45 am
Old Aug 3, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hilton Suites Chicago (aka Hilton Suites Chicago) Completes $15 Million Renovation

The Hilton Suites is located at 198 East Delaware Place. The hotel has 345 guest rooms, over 16,000 square feet of meeting space, the Down Bar Lounge, Blenz Coffee & Pastry featuring Starbucks coffee, and Mrs. Park's Tavern. Each of the newly-renovated, two-room guest suites is furnished with the new Hilton Serenity Bed. All rooms also have the Hilton Serenity Bath Collection of exclusive Crabtree & Evelyn La Source bath amenities. In-room entertainment offerings include the easy-to-set Hilton Family alarm clock with MP3 player connectivity and 32" flat-screen televisions. The hotel offers the Hilton Eat Right menu, which provides health-conscious diners with nutritionally-balanced meal options. It features high-speed wireless and wired internet in guestrooms and public areas, and a state-of-the-art business center.

Click here for more info.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Originally Posted by edbyu
The Hilton Suites is located at 198 East Delaware Place. The hotel has 345 guest rooms, over 16,000 square feet of meeting space, the Down Bar Lounge, Blenz Coffee & Pastry featuring Starbucks coffee, and Mrs. Park's Tavern. Each of the newly-renovated, two-room guest suites is furnished with the new Hilton Serenity Bed. All rooms also have the Hilton Serenity Bath Collection of exclusive Crabtree & Evelyn La Source bath amenities. In-room entertainment offerings include the easy-to-set Hilton Family alarm clock with MP3 player connectivity and 32" flat-screen televisions. The hotel offers the Hilton Eat Right menu, which provides health-conscious diners with nutritionally-balanced meal options. It features high-speed wireless and wired internet in guestrooms and public areas, and a state-of-the-art business center.

Click here for more info.
Shouldn't the title of the above post read --- Hilton Suites Chicago (FKA Doubletree Guest Suites Chicago)

Just asking, so that future posters or new members to FT aren't confused.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 8:12 am

Programs: One Pass , SkyMiles , AA . HHonors , Marriott Rewards , SPG , Mileage Plus , World Perks ,
Homewood Suites Chicago

[ My family of 3 stayed at the Homewood Suites in Chicago the 4th of July week. The help there were very nice, made you feel at home. The free breakfasts were very good. Great location to catch the Red Line on the subway, only 2 blocks away. A Jewel/Osco store was 2 blocks away for food and bathroom wants. Great restuarants within the walking area. The room wa very quiet and clean. No complaints from the 16 year about the sleep sofa.
I will stay here again our nexttrip to Chicago.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 3:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Platinum, AA EXP
Any updates on the Doubletree Arlington Heights property?

How is the exercise room? What equipment is in there? When is it least crowdest - am or pm?
Do the rooms have mini-fridges?
How are Diamond treated? I have in my profile to get the upgrade, but curious if I should switch to the extra 1000 pts and would I still get all the benefits?

Thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by funtotravel
Any updates on the Doubletree Arlington Heights property?

How is the exercise room? What equipment is in there? When is it least crowdest - am or pm?
Do the rooms have mini-fridges?
How are Diamond treated? I have in my profile to get the upgrade, but curious if I should switch to the extra 1000 pts and would I still get all the benefits?

Thanks.
Stayed there in June, would not recommend it at all. Ended up invoking the 100% satisfaction guarantee for the first time ever.

FWIW,
My GF remembers there being a treadmill or two and a stair machine, but she remembers the equipment being old (I wasn't really paying attention).

As a Diamond, I didn't even get onto the HHonor's floor (not a big deal because I can't tell if there was any difference). I had upgrade selected as my preferred benefit. There is no lounge. I had to steal water from the maid cart because it wasn't in the room like it was supposed to be. No fridge in the room. I had to come back down to the desk to get the free bkfst certs since the upgrade wasn't available. Had to explain what I meant and why I was asking for them.

Restaurant had leftovers from prior night's dinner out during breakfast the next morning. My GF ended up accidentally pouring miso soup onto her pancake because she logically thought the warmer contained syrup at breakfast time! Never saw the waiter, ended up walking out and giving the free bkfst cert to the hostess. Buffet was horribly understocked. When pancakes finally arrived, everyone swooped and they were gone in about 30 seconds, never to be replenished (note this was about 9:30am, so prime breakfast time on the weekend).

I think I'll stop ranting now, I think you get the drift. BTW, never got any contact from the GM like they told me I would (or like I would have expected) after invoking the satisfaction guarantee.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 7:19 am

Which Chicago Hilton for 2 night reward?

I run into problems booking Oct. 09-11 a room in Chicago. Price at this time are a rip off, so I decided to book a reward stay for the two nights.

Which of the following hotels would you recommend (all others are sold out!)?

Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago-Downtown
Embassy Suites Hotel Chicago-Downtown/Lakefront
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

The Drake would be also interesting, but the only allow three day stays
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:21 am

Embassy Suites Chicago Lakefront

I would highly suggest the Embassy Suites Chicago Lakefront. All suites have a view of Lake Michigan. Hotel is located only three blocks from Navy Pier and a couple of blocks from Michigan Avenue. Very nice property!
Old Sep 4, 2006, 9:12 am

Programs: DELTA SM, HILTON GOLD, SPG GOLD
Originally Posted by hotelchick
I would highly suggest the Embassy Suites Chicago Lakefront. All suites have a view of Lake Michigan. Hotel is located only three blocks from Navy Pier and a couple of blocks from Michigan Avenue. Very nice property!

I AGREE!!!
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
My last stay at the HGI they still had the old uncomfortable rock hard beds. They do however take good care of you. One of the few US hotels to provide a gorgeous fruit plate at checkin. The full buffet breakfast at the HGI was only $1 more.

When I last stayed at the Embassy Suites Lakefront they had no workout room. Instead I was sent around the block to a real club to work out.

FYI, there must be some big convention in town that week as I checked my corporate rates and not much is available. Try the siemens code that someone posted.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:50 am

Programs: EY Gold Elite; EK Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold
I've stayed at both several times but prefer Lakefront. The views are great and the location perfect for rambling around on foot; especially Navy Pier, Lake Shore Drive, Olive Park etc. I always stay at Lakefront nowadays, unless it's sold out!

Downtown is OK too by the way, although a bit more in the thick of it for my liking. Either property can be very busy at times with conferences and the like. I have found this to be quite hit and miss though.

Pretty much a repeat of what HotelChick said then! ^

Enjoy yourself....

RR
Old Sep 5, 2006, 7:58 am

Have stayed at ES downtown, it was just ok. This was a few years back, thought our room was worn, had a corner in Dec. and it was drafty!

Just stayed this summer (reward stay) at DT Chicago which now has a different name )maybe Hilton suites Mag. Mile ??) and really liked the location, newly renovated rooms, good staff. Take a look at this property.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by doglover

FYI, there must be some big convention in town that week as I checked my corporate rates and not much is available. Try the siemens code that someone posted.
30,000 surgeons in town (plus who know how many vendor employees in the booths), among others, but that's nowhere near what we get for some conventions.

Of course, many, if not most, of the surgeons will have spouses and children along and they will be in the nicer hotels.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 7:05 pm

Drake or newly renovated Hilton Suites in Chicago

I'm torn. My wife and I will be traveling to Chicago in March to see the indoor and well heated sites. We can't decide between the Drake or the newly renovated Hilton Suites. As Gold members what do you suggest?

Nick
Marietta, Ga
Old Sep 10, 2006, 7:58 pm

Haven't been to the Drake but did a gold rewards stay at the Suites (it was still DT) in June. Had only requested a non-smoking king, was given a newly rennovated room on the 25th floor with a wonderful view of Lake Michigan! We had a great stay there, concierge was very helpful, had coupons for breakfast, used work out room. Great location, good restaurants nearby. Try top of the Hancock for lunch, Bistro 110 and Saloon Steakhouse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.