Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Hilton Diamond/Marriott Platinum/Hertz Pres. Circle/Avis Grand Wizard/Wife's Favorite Husband
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Since the car rental companies are willing to drop off/pick up the car at the hotel anyway, does anyone have any experience with a rental company taking them to and from the airport to the hotel (and of course leaving the car with the customers while they're at the hotel) as part of the overall package? I'd think that if they did it at all they might well charge extra, but it could still work out cheaper than taxis and easier than driving to and from the hotel yourself.
Yes, I think they would not have any problems with that.

You pay 300 baht for getting them to deliver the car, so getting to "ride with them" should not be a issue. That way you can learn the way to the hotel. After you set the reservation up for a delivery of the car to the Conrad, they will call you to discuss further details and timing. I guess you could at that time let them know that you'd like to ride along.

I thought it was a load of fun driving in Koh Samui. My wife wasn't as excited, but I thought it was an absolute blast.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 1:05 pm

Surat Thani (URT) airport to Conrad Koh Samui

Does anyone have experience with traveling from Surat Thani (URT) airport to Conrad Koh Samui? My flight arrives at 11am at URT. I'm looking for a convenient and fast transportation method. Raja Ferry to Samui International Port? Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Oil-man
I've booked a one week stay for my family (2 adults and 2 children), and will be booking a hire car from USM for the week.

We've never been to Koh Samui before, and while we love a bit of luxury, we also want to explore the island.

Looking forward to a fantastic week at this great resort.
Oil-man, did you already stay here? I just booked 6 nights in august, but also bringing my children (3 and 5) and not sure how/if I can fit everone in. Was there a place to put a bed and a crib - NOT in the main bedroom?

Also- a question for everyone, do you think there is a CHANCE I can convince them to upgrade me (diamond) to the 2 bed room villa (residence) or the 1 larger 2 story villa (not residence)? Or sweet dreams?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by moebod
Oil-man, did you already stay here? I just booked 6 nights in august, but also bringing my children (3 and 5) and not sure how/if I can fit everone in. Was there a place to put a bed and a crib - NOT in the main bedroom?
Of course you can have your kids sleeping in the bathroom or by the pool.

Also- a question for everyone, do you think there is a CHANCE I can convince them to upgrade me (diamond) to the 2 bed room villa (residence) or the 1 larger 2 story villa (not residence)? Or sweet dreams?
ZERO CHANCE.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 3:11 am

DO NOT BRING CHILDREN. I Have children.
I would not bring children to this resort who can not swim. I also would not bring children who can not walk steady. And I would not bring children who need a stroller. To many dangers with the buggies aka Golf Carts, hills, etc, beach. You do not want the stress of getting medical care for a child at this place. The only child I saw had a full time Nanny who was stressed at the New York priced +$300 for two people restaurant at the resort called Jade. The Nanny left early and I saw her the next day on a hill so steep with a stroller that scared me and I do not scare or worry easily.

I think if you knew this resort and brought a child who could not walk steady, swim, etc you should be charged with child endangerment. Yes I am serious.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold

Originally Posted by Centurion
DO NOT BRING CHILDREN. I Have children.
I would not bring children to this resort who can not swim. I also would not bring children who can not walk steady. And I would not bring children who need a stroller. To many dangers with the buggies aka Golf Carts, hills, etc, beach. You do not want the stress of getting medical care for a child at this place. The only child I saw had a full time Nanny who was stressed at the New York priced +$300 for two people restaurant at the resort called Jade. The Nanny left early and I saw her the next day on a hill so steep with a stroller that scared me and I do not scare or worry easily.

I think if you knew this resort and brought a child who could not walk steady, swim, etc you should be charged with child endangerment. Yes I am serious.
moebod, to supplement Centurion's excellent advice, be aware that the hotel is in a pretty isolated spot, presumably not near good medical care. I once stayed at an isolated hotel in which an otherwise manageable injury to a child became a cause of considerable concern. It was a very distressing time for the parents.

On a more mundane note, you probably shouldn't assume that the hotel will automatically let four people stay in the room or that there won't be a very hefty extra charge (conceivably even double) for doing so.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 9:20 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Centurion
DO NOT BRING CHILDREN.
+1. In addition to what has been mentioned, every unit has it's own infinity pool. I can just imagine the possibilities re kids going over the edge. In my unit they would either be stuck in the drainage area or over the second edge for a 30 ft drop.
There were 2 kids on property when we wee there. The GM has a young son and one other guest had brought their son. There is daycare on site but I have no idea what the cost is.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:37 pm

oh gosh, you guys are really scaring me away ! ok, do you guys have a suggestion where and which hotel is recommended? Looking for a REALLY nice 5 star hotel...also want a pool but I definitely want a 2 bedroom one...I prefer a quieter more private place by the way.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 8:47 pm

Quick question, I will be staying at the Conrad for 4 days and I was wondering if I receive a massage each day for my gold status or just one for the whole stay? I would think it should be 1 per day, since regularly my room would be upgraded every day... Makes sense to me... If it is one per stay, they could always just check me in and out each day... ;-)
Old Jun 28, 2012, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by gijoe985
Quick question, I will be staying at the Conrad for 4 days and I was wondering if I receive a massage each day for my gold status or just one for the whole stay? I would think it should be 1 per day, since regularly my room would be upgraded every day... Makes sense to me... If it is one per stay, they could always just check me in and out each day... ;-)
Sorry, whatever the massage deal is, it will just be one for the stay, regardless of whether you check in and out. You might read upthread though to see of a couple of nearby resorts - Element(s) and Coconut Villas (?) - where I imagine you could also get good massages at lower rates.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:35 pm

oh gosh, you guys are really scaring me away ! ok, do you guys have a suggestion where and which hotel is recommended? Looking for a REALLY nice 5 star hotel...also want a pool but I definitely want a 2 bedroom one...I prefer a quieter more private place by the way.
anyone? I want a place with an actual view from the Villa, so not sure if these non-hotel villas for rent would be what I am looking for. Any suggestions for really nice place (with pool) kids- friendly?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:00 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Any suggestions for really nice place (with pool) kids- friendly?
Sorry for the off topic

I'm looking myself for something like this:

ShaSa Resort & Residences

Peace Resort

ANANTARA BOPHUT KOH SAMUI RESORT & SPA
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by olisch
Sorry for the off topic

I'm looking myself for something like this:

ShaSa Resort & Residences

Peace Resort

ANANTARA BOPHUT KOH SAMUI RESORT & SPA
Shasa is the only one of those in your list which has a villa with 2 bedrooms and a private pool. Thanks for these suggestions! Do you think this Shasa villa is just as nice, if not nicer, than the Conrad Residence 2 bedroom suite? If anyone has an input, please let me know!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone? I want a place with an actual view from the Villa, so not sure if these non-hotel villas for rent would be what I am looking for. Any suggestions for really nice place (with pool) kids- friendly?
Karma Samui.

I rented a 3 bedroom villa with a knock out view and large private pool- and the area was very kid friendly.

http://www.karmasamui.com/

Depending on the season should run <1200 USD (less with min 5 night stay- have your travel agent call them) a night with an excellent view.

Full size kitchen in the villa which is great with kids. The hotel will also send a chef to cook as you prefer (at a cost of course- but it is very reasonable from what I recall).
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Karma Samui.

I rented a 3 bedroom villa with a knock out view and large private pool- and the area was very kid friendly.

http://www.karmasamui.com/

Depending on the season should run <1200 USD (less with min 5 night stay- have your travel agent call them) a night with an excellent view.

Full size kitchen in the villa which is great with kids. The hotel will also send a chef to cook as you prefer (at a cost of course- but it is very reasonable from what I recall).
ok so now I have 3 options around the same price range. Conrad 2 bedroom villa, Shasa (2 bedroom pool villa), and Karma. What would be the nicer of the 3? Quiet area etc is fine, question is more on nicer view, and actual niceness/quality of villa....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.