Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
RRW, if I understand HH's system correctly, you can of course cancel as per the stated rules for a given reservation. But don't count on being able to switch your dates, if that's what you have in mind. E.g., if someone's reservation is Nov. 1-10 and they cancel, the award nights might be gone or at a prohibitively greater points price if at the same time they want to rebook for Nov. 1-5 or 6-15 or 12-18. I believe the process is that HH cancels and then in effect does a new booking (not sure if the reservation # stays the same), so under this scenario even Nov. 1-5 wouldn't necessarily be available if you'd canceled a Nov. 1-10 reservation.

Now, it could be that since you're going during the relatively slow season this will not be a problem. But I just wanted to flag it for you.
Good point, and thanks Thunderroad. I think I'll be better off trading flexibility for certainty, so will just go ahead and book soon.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
Originally Posted by FTnewbie731
We might have a third guest in our one-bedroom villa and the rollaway bed option appears to be $225/night + daily breakfast at $40/night.

I called the Diamond desk and she says I cannot use more points to get to a 2 bedroom.

The Residences are requiring 500,000+ points for the 4-night stay.

Any other thoughts on how to get into a larger villa? (The small couch did not seem to fit another person.)
As we are a family of 4, we have requested one rollaway bed for the kids to top and tail on. It's specified as a preference on my booking and there was no mention of a cost at the time of booking.

If I go back and read the hotel rules it says the family policy is no charge for children under 12 sharing existing bedding. If they try to stiff me for $225 per night for a rollaway on arrival, they'll be in for a fight.

I don't fancy all 4 or us in one king bed.

Anyone else taken 2 under 12s in the one bedroom villa. How has it worked out, and how has the hotel accommodated the children in the room?
Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Oil-man
As we are a family of 4, we have requested one rollaway bed for the kids to top and tail on. It's specified as a preference on my booking and there was no mention of a cost at the time of booking.

If I go back and read the hotel rules it says the family policy is no charge for children under 12 sharing existing bedding. If they try to stiff me for $225 per night for a rollaway on arrival, they'll be in for a fight.

I don't fancy all 4 or us in one king bed.

Anyone else taken 2 under 12s in the one bedroom villa. How has it worked out, and how has the hotel accommodated the children in the room?
QUOTE OF RUDE POSTING DELETED BY MODERATOR

Unless I'm missing something, I'm afraid you'll indeed be in for a fight. The no-charge is for existing bedding, not a rollaway. You might want to clear this up before you go, rather than relying on something not being mentioned and being socked for unwelcome additional charges upon arrival. An additional complication might be that you have two additional people rather than one in the room, though I'm just speculating here.

Last edited by squeakr; Jul 14, 2012 at 10:51 pm
Old Jul 14, 2012, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Unless I'm missing something, I'm afraid you'll indeed be in for a fight. The no-charge is for existing bedding, not a rollaway. You might want to clear this up before you go, rather than relying on something not being mentioned and being socked for unwelcome additional charges upon arrival. An additional complication might be that you have two additional people rather than one in the room, though I'm just speculating here.
The problem here is that the room is not that spacious unless the "Oil" is going to let his kids to sleep on the bathroom/by the pool. I think that they are better served to book some other property.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
Good point, and thanks Thunderroad. I think I'll be better off trading flexibility for certainty, so will just go ahead and book soon.
You're welcome! Though don't take my best guess as necessarily the gospel on this. Perhaps HH can in fact give you some of the days from a canceled reservation even if they otherwise would be unavailable if you were starting afresh. To be sure, you could call an HH Diamond reservations agent to ask about such a scenario...and then confirm it with another agent.

But if I'm right, you could at least preserve some combo of certainty and flexibility by booking two separate reservations, each using an AXON, rather than one reservation for the entire period you have in mind. That way you could retain one reservation even if you ended up wanting to cancel the other.

Anyway, have a great trip!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 8:01 pm

Thanks for posting this. I'd be interested in what you find out re whether the Diamond amenity massage is for one person or two.
The hotel confirmed the Diamond amenity is a 60 minute massage for two.

Can anyone comment on whether a third guest can sleep on the couch in the room comfortably? $220/night is a little steep for a rollaway bed.

Thank you.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 8:05 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by FTnewbie731
The hotel confirmed the Diamond amenity is a 60 minute massage for two.

Can anyone comment on whether a third guest can sleep on the couch in the room comfortably? $220/night is a little steep for a rollaway bed.

Thank you.
The couch is more of a love seat - unless someone is very short, I think it's too small.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but since you are so insistent, the lounge chairs on the deck are very comfy, perhaps.....
Old Jul 15, 2012, 2:11 am

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
Originally Posted by holtju2
The problem here is that the room is not that spacious unless the "Oil" is going to let his kids to sleep on the bathroom/by the pool. I think that they are better served to book some other property.
If I look at all the photos posted it seems like the overall foot plan of the villa including outside space is generous, but specifically the bedroom is tight for a family.

Nevertheless, we are not the type of family who sits in the villa and by the pool all day. We have a car for the whole time, and will be using KCS as a base and exploring the island each day.

As for getting back to the villa and for sleeping arrangements, we'll muck in as best we can, so it won't be a problem. This is a special trip for us, so I'll not let little things like this spoil it, and we'll make the best of the situation.

At the time of booking, the Hilton rep should have mentioned the steep price for the rollaway. I should not be stumbling upon a key issue like this on a forum.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 4:59 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I assume you booked using points. At expensive properties where a night's price goes well over 600$, you should expect high charges on any extras. They should have indeed mentioned, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

If I were you I would not ask for an extra bed so that I can enjoy extra space, take the smaller one into bed with the parents and leave the older one on his/her own on the sofa bed.

My 2 cents...
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:23 am

4 nights at Conrad Koh Samui One Bedroom Oceanview Pool Villa

Early July, I stayed 4 nights at a One Bedroom Oceanview Pool Villa (311) using HHonors points.

My picture review (+video) at http://travel.bart.la/2012/07/19/oce...rad-koh-samui/

Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice pics and video. Thanks for posting them!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: QR Plat, EK Plat, EY Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bartla
Early July, I stayed 4 nights at a One Bedroom Oceanview Pool Villa (311) using HHonors points.

My picture review (+video) at http://travel.bart.la/2012/07/19/oce...rad-koh-samui/

Thanks!
Very nice pics!

Off topic: What camera did you use?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by imniclas
Very nice pics!

Off topic: What camera did you use?

Thanks Thunderroad and Imniclas.
Photo camera: Canon 5D MII
Video camera: iPhone 4S
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by sven60035

I agree with that, I also stayed in 206 and it's private, has a great view and is walking distance to the breakfast place.
Mrs PtF and I (both Diamond) currently staying here in 207, with Master PtF (16 going on 60) next door in 206. As already posted these are ideally located for breakfast - a short stroll uphill - and the main pool (downhill). No privacy issues whatsoever.

This place is heaven on earth!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Mrs PtF and I (both Diamond) currently staying here in 207, with Master PtF (16 going on 60) next door in 206. As already posted these are ideally located for breakfast - a short stroll uphill - and the main pool (downhill). No privacy issues whatsoever.

This place is heaven on earth!
Oooh, I think I stayed in that villa last year. I wish I could go back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.