Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, 3.1 Million AA Miles, Hilton Diamond, *wood Gold
Angry hilton.com is down AGAIN !!!

Cannot get into the Hilton.com website. Have to wait two minutes (DSL Hi speed) and get the following message.

""The page you are attempting to view is temporarily unavailable...
We apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing with our website. Either our website is unavailable at this time, or the page you have requested no longer exists.

If you need to make a reservation, please contact our Central Reservations Centers at the numbers listed below, or try your request again using the following""

List of names and phone numbers is detailed.

Seems that Hilton.com has continuing erratic reliability problems.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:49 am

Programs: HH Gold
Has been down since about 1:20pm for me. Seems down for all sub-chain sites as well..
Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:49 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
Yes, indeed... down here, too.

But honestly, it's nothing like the issues I've seen with United.com.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:36 pm
yep

Programs: PC Plat RA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
use other international sites like hilton.co.uk or hilton.de... these are working...

yep
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:44 pm

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
The site is working fine in CLT.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:44 pm

The site appears to be back up. It's running slow, but it's working.

Mike
Old Jul 17, 2006, 1:01 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
The last 5 rez's I've made are not showing up on My Travel Planner...
Old Jul 17, 2006, 1:25 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
What's weird is now Starwood's site is down too. Get " The system is temporarily unavailable..."

Strange coincidence for two major hotel chain sites to be down at about the same time! Probably nothing more than that, unless somebody is really upset about award availability and is doing a DDOS!
Old Jul 17, 2006, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Fine here, all reservations etc listed etc.
Just love those "sky is falling AGAIN !!!" posts

mike
Old Jul 17, 2006, 2:05 pm

Programs: Gold on Continental; Diamond at Hilton & Hyatt
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
Fine here, all reservations etc listed etc.
Just love those "sky is falling AGAIN !!!" posts

mike
is there a need to start a new thread everytime this happens or is it taboo to add on to an old thread? I've noticed this on a quite a few other threads...so I thought I would ask.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
SEA HI showed Cleveland DT rates

Had a weird thing happen about 2 hours ago. I clicked on the SEA HI from my Travel Planner to check rates. When I got to the page that shows available rates the Hampton logo was still at the top but the rates below and hotel details over to the right were for the Cleveland DT. Good grief. I've never made a reservation or even checked rates at this DT. Heaven only knows what problem at the website caused this.

I decided my reservation could wait. Be careful out there.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 6:48 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by kcctravel
is there a need to start a new thread everytime this happens or is it taboo to add on to an old thread? I've noticed this on a quite a few other threads...so I thought I would ask.

YES! :-:

Hopefully, someone from HH montiors this board and they can feel our pain...
Old Jul 18, 2006, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by theblakefish

Actually, I thought this was "taboo" via FT TOS/COC. As I've been told by a moderator, if you feel a post is inappropriate or posted incorrectly, hit the inapporpriate post button (on the lower left hand of the screen) and list the thread/threads thare are identical so that a moderator can merge (if said moderator thinks its appropriate).

Personally, I think all information on a similar topic should be in one thread as a member can read all the information in ONE place and see how a particular property or subject has been addressed over a period of time instead of opening 2 or three threads on the same topic, which becomes time consuming.

...now back to our main story.

I hope this little "glitch" doesn't affect reservations or those trying to confirm/book new reservations.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by theblakefish

You dont use (travel) websites much do you?

Every travel related has periods when they are down. In general Hilton.com tends to down less than most.
Ever use the SPG site? I bet for number of times that HH.com is down they are ten times that much.

Luckily most here manage to exercise tremendous restraint is not posting such every time, but its amusing ( to me at least ) that often of those who post this " breaking superduper news" cannot seem to resist in inserting a little mini rant

mike.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's a little mini-rant, just for you, Mike.

I'm forced to check my profile before every stay, because more often than not my earnings preference has defaulted to points+variable miles, which is the worst one for me. If I don't catch it in time, it means another call to Hilton, and lately, I haven't been getting through the the real Diamond Desk.

My default airline changes, too, so I have to hunt down the miles on several different sites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.