Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2007, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Matt-KC
Getting the hilton specific "site unavailable" when trying to visit any of the sites, Hilton, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, etc...been about an hour and half now and each site is returning that same message. Anyone else having an issue?
No problem here. Got in at hilton.com, hhonors.com, and hamptoninn.com
Old Aug 24, 2007, 12:42 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by Matt-KC
Getting the hilton specific "site unavailable" when trying to visit any of the sites, Hilton, Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, etc

My long-term bookmark was http://www.hiltonhonors.com/ That seems
to be totally broken (permanently?)

I have now switched to hhonors.com. But as with others, my activity
is missing, and the solution seems to be http://www.hilton.co.uk/.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:36 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Hilton.com not working?

Typed in www.hilton.com

Here's what I'm getting:

The page you are attempting to view is temporarily unavailable...
We apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing with our website. Either our website is unavailable at this time, or the page you have requested no longer exists.

If you need to make a reservation, please contact our Central Reservations Centers at the numbers listed below, or try your request again using the following links:

Conrad Hotels
www.conradhotels.com
1-800-CONRADS
(+800-00-266-723)

Doubletree Hotels, Guest Suites & Resorts
www.doubletree.com
1-800-222-TREE
(1-800-222-8733)

Embassy Suites Hotels
www.embassysuites.com
1-800-EMBASSY
(1-800-362-2779)

Hampton Inn/ Hampton Inn & Suites
www.hamptoninn.com
1-800-HAMPTON
(1-800-426-7866)

Hilton
www.hilton.com
1-800-HILTONS
(1-800-445-8667)

Hilton Garden Inn
www.hiltongardeninn.com
1-877-STAY HGI
(1-877-782-9444)

Homewood Suites by Hilton
www.homewoodsuites.com
1-800-CALL HOME
(1-800-225-5466)

The Waldorf=Astoria Collection
www.waldorfastoriacollection.com
1-800-WALDORF
(1-888-925-3673)
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
They often do website updating on the weekends. Try in the morning, or on Monday.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:39 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Agree. Pretty standard for weekend nights.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 10:43 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
thanks
Old Aug 25, 2007, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
The site has been up and down all day. When I called to check on a reservation, the rep informed me that the Hilton and Hilton Garden Inns brand sites are completely down.

You can call youre respective elite line to book reservations at the other brands and that the sites should be back up at approximately 3 AM Eastern.

This thread should probably be merged into
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...m+down&page=27
Old Aug 26, 2007, 2:46 am

Can't view the details of any reservations at the moment.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 6:50 am

hilton.com is available now.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 6:52 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Hog Heaven
I noticed last week that when you bring up your HHonors activiy, the activity from American Express (credit card points) doesn't show. It normally shows under 'ALL ACTIVITY' as well as 'NON-HOTEL ACTIVITY'. Now if you press 'non-hotel activity' you get your redemption history. Nowhere can you see your AMEX points.

I called yesterday and they seemed to be aware of the problem, but no ETA on a fix.
same for me, annoying as hell. For the life of me; the old site was fine. Who made the decision to "enhance" it?
Old Aug 28, 2007, 6:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
My last 2 stays have not had the AMEX COBRAND BKG BNS. Both times, I've contacted customer service, and they've said that they've gone in and added the 500 point bonus, and it may take 2 days for the points to show up on the website. I still can't see these points on their site.

Guess I'm going to need to reconcile my points balance with my most recent statement and then calculate what my point balance SHOULD be.

Cheers,
LBBZman

P.S. I'm also having the previously-mentioned issue with Hilton HHonors American Express points not showing up on the HHonors website any more.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Here's another problem with their site that I'm experiencing.

I just received my post-stay e-mail (subject line: Thank you for your stay on August 24, 2007). In that e-mail there is a link to "contact us", which then takes you to the Hilton website to fill out a form with comments/questions. Following the link causes the form to prepopulate fields such as hotel, dates, confirmation number, etc. However, when going to submit the form, it says that a confirmation number needs to be entered. So, I tried to go back and clear out the prepopulated conf. number and manually enter. However, the confirmation number field is 1 digit too small. My confirmation number is 10 digits, and the form only allows 9.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Aug 28, 2007, 11:37 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
As a former computer programmer who worked during the roaring 70's, I can tell you that programmers today are still on drugs. Once you accept that truth, you will understand the insane websites. You will also figure out why Hilton and United, to name two, expect customers to debug their programs. Even in the drug addled 70's, we did not expect that.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Hilton blank screen!

Hilton has its problems on line but this is the first time I have encountered a blank screen at www.hilton.com Amazing. Can't be my computer as all other sites work, including this one. Just weird.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by Karen2
Hilton has its problems on line but this is the first time I have encountered a blank screen at www.hilton.com Amazing. Can't be my computer as all other sites work, including this one. Just weird.
Working now... but still won't let me do online check-in....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.