Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Gold/Diamond Breakfast at Hilton family properties

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
is this still the case?

Millennium Hilton NYC: Continental breakfast in restaurant; upgrade to full for $4 excluding tax

also, do they have an exec lounge (and is it open on weekends?)

Millenium Hilton
55 Church Street
New York

thanks one and all
No EL. Last time I stayed there was given full breakfast with no upgrade charge as a diamond and I believe it was $4 for golds.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Hilton Seattle Airport has modified their policy somewhat. The breakfast coverage remains the same; however, there's an alternative possibility of a different coupon covering either a free appetizer, or $8 off the lunch/dinner menu.

I used it the other day for a $13 appetizer at dinner.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
And the first posts are up to date. However...

anyone got the scoop on "DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York City - Financial District"

especially on Saturday, Sunday and not just weekends?
Free full breakfast? Free continental? Cash value vouchers?

thanks one and all
is this still the case?

Millennium Hilton NYC: Continental breakfast in restaurant; upgrade to full for $4 excluding tax

also, do they have an exec lounge (and is it open on weekends?)

Millenium Hilton
55 Church Street
New York

thanks one and all
FlyerTalkers are reminded that as per the first post, this thread is not the place to ask for information on unlisted hotels nor queries on "the latest info" on listed hotels. Also, please try to refrain from off-topic discussions on lounge opening hours etc. You are welcome to make this sort of post in the thread specific to the hotel.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 3:22 am

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), SPG, Marriott Rewards, ALoyalty, Club Carlson, M&M
Hilton London Kensington (UK)

Continental breakfast in lounge only (close to intermediate with scrambled eggs, sausages, baked beans and hash browns).

Moreover, I had a very strange experience here. When I first asked for breakfast, the lady at the entrance to the breakfast room asked for my room number, looked it up in her computer and began to laugh while looking at her screen. Then she said: "Breakfast is not included in your room rate." (Imagine this with a Russian accent.) This may not seem too peculiar in itself, but it paralleled my check-in experience in an eerie way. When I handed over my credit card and Diamond card upon check-in, the guy at the reception said: "We've given you a ...", pausing, looking incredulously at his screen and starting to laugh, then regaining composure: "Sorry, a double guestroom facing the street." (That was the exact room I booked, so, no upgrade, no Executive room, but lounge access.) I am still puzzled by their reactions. I wonder what the hell they could have seen on their screens when looking up my booking. "Another of those @!#$ing Diamond guests, don't you dare giving him a room upgrade, breakfast in the restaurant or complimentary water in his room!" (Yes, no water.) I have never been to that hotel before (and probably will never go again) and I don't have a history with Hilton as a generic complainer - so this remains a total mystery to me.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Thanks for the info. If you're curious, lodge a Data Protection Act request with the hotel; for £10 they must disclose all information on their files about you.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
DT Arctic Club, Seattle WA

Diamonds get voucher good for Continental or $12 towards any menu item; both taken in their restaurant, Juno. Voucher ONLY good for breakfast.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Doubletree Raleigh-Cary - Cary, NC

Golds and Diamonds receive a voucher good for a full breakfast buffet in the lobby. This is similar to HGI style food...cereal, yogurt, breads, hot options of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal and cooked to order options of waffles and omelets.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Hilton Newcastle-Gateshead
First stay here and no problem at having breakfast in either the lounge or the restaurant as a Diamond. If there was a change in breakfast policy here last year, it has seemingly been reversed.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:49 pm

Thought I'd edit one.

Hilton Boston Downtown Financial District: Continental breakfast in restaurant (no lounge); omelette for $8, no hot buffet
I was at this hotel a few weeks ago. It's cold buffet in restaurant (no lounge); upgrade to hot buffet for $10 (Waffles, Omelettes, Sausage, Bacon). Also they charge $2 for gratuity per plate.

Last edited by AnthonyF1227; Jul 11, 2013 at 12:56 pm
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by AnthonyF1227
Thought I'd edit one.

I was at this hotel a few weeks ago. It's cold buffet in restaurant (no lounge); upgrade to hot buffet for $10 (Waffles, Omelettes, Sausage, Bacon). Also they charge $2 for gratuity per plate.
Sorry to hear this. When I stayed there as a diamond in May they upgraded us to a full buffet no charge. I'm disappointed to learn they are no longer treating diamonds right.

That's crazy charging a gold or diamond $2 for a gratuity.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:11 pm

Update to Hilton San Francisco, California, Union Square.

Golds receive a voucher for starbucks good for one coffee drink, a piece of fruit and a pastry. Diamonds can also use the voucher in the restaraunt for the continential buffet and recently they have been allowing it to be used on the full hot buffet as well. Diamonds can also use the voucher at starbuck's with the same value that it has for a gold. No lounge but the front desk agents will give diamodns extra vouchers sometimes to use at Starbucks later in the day.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Sorry to hear this. When I stayed there as a diamond in May they upgraded us to a full buffet no charge. I'm disappointed to learn they are no longer treating diamonds right.

That's crazy charging a gold or diamond $2 for a gratuity.

Odd since I was there on June 23rd. Unless maybe they change it based on the day? Also, I'm gold, so maybe that's the difference.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 4:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
SPAIN

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Empordą - Full Breakfast in restaurant
Old Jul 13, 2013, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
Hilton Newcastle-Gateshead
First stay here and no problem at having breakfast in either the lounge or the restaurant as a Diamond. If there was a change in breakfast policy here last year, it has seemingly been reversed.
To back this up I was given a voucher at checkin for 'continental' (in this context meaning 'full') breakfast without having even thought to raise the issue of breakfast (diamond perfectly happy with toast and coffee in lounge)

Only experience last year for ref was asking for full breakfast on checkin meaning to pay for an upgrade. Reception guy very.confused ('but sir you already have breakfast in the lounge') but I insisted bacon was a necessity and he gave me my voucher, but it never appeared on the bill.

So at the least it now seems automatic that you are offered. will report back after couple of nights on the 22nd.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Delta, UAL
Hilton Houston North

Free breakfast in Executive Lounge on 16th floor (Continental breakfast including some European style offereings like cold meat & cheeses tray, plus some American style offerings including fruit, cereal, yogurt, scrambled eggs, toast, pastries, juice, coffee/latte machine). Overall, a nice lounge and a good breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.