Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Starwood + Marriott: How Will Hilton Respond? Elite Status Matches?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Posted by HHonorsRepresentative:

We're winding down for the Thanksgiving holiday and, as a heads up, I will be out of the office until Monday, but I wanted to let you know about our status match program...

We've been receiving a number of requests and yes, we do match status from other programs and we'd love to be your travel home.
We are matching status for 2016. To make sure you're all set for the year, please submit your request by January 11, 2016. You'll enjoy that status through March 2017.

All you need is something that shows your elite tier in another program and an HHonors number.

Email us at [email protected] and we'll help get you started.
Please note it may take a couple of days to process given the Thanksgiving holiday. We promise to process requests as quickly as possible and any request submitted prior to January 11, 2016, will be processed in time to enjoy your new status for the entire year.

Updated 12/18/15:

For anyone who is still interested in status matching to HHonors, we have created a site for registration:

HHonor My Status

Feel free to use this site in lieu of submitting an email.

Remember you have until January 11, 2016 - so act now!
Print Wikipost

Starwood + Marriott: How Will Hilton Respond? Elite Status Matches?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:27 am

Sounds like the top tier quota is now full and it'll only be gold given. Of course, happy to be proven wrong ^
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold Elite
Got matched to Diamond yesterday evening (GMT+1 here), sent my request the 27th and sent them Hyatt Diamond (earned) and Marriott platinum.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 4:54 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by flashware
Sounds like the top tier quota is now full and it'll only be gold given. Of course, happy to be proven wrong ^
Extremely speculative. A few people being matched to Gold as opposed to Diamond doesn't automatically mean their top tier quota is full (and for that matter, suggesting they even have a quota is also speculative). Plenty of other possible reasons why they were only matched to gold.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Why has this thread morphed into a conversation about what status match individuals received? It looks to me like the OP started this thread for the purpose of starting a dialogue about what strategic move Hilton may or not make in regards to the Marriott Starwood merger.

There is another thread available to discuss status matches:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...d-matches.html

I keep reading this thread every time that there is a new post, hoping to hear more about Hilton strategy, but it goes in a different direction.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by loomis
Why has this thread morphed into a conversation about what status match individuals received? It looks to me like the OP started this thread for the purpose of starting a dialogue about what strategic move Hilton may or not make in regards to the Marriott Starwood merger.

There is another thread available to discuss status matches:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...d-matches.html

I keep reading this thread every time that there is a new post, hoping to hear more about Hilton strategy, but it goes in a different direction.
Probably b/c this thread apparently started first AND this is the thread where the Hilton Rep posted the announcement.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I just got my email: I am IHG Platinum and Marriott Gold. They gave me Diamond status.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 8:10 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Accor leclub

Did anybody match from Accor already? As the representative posted in this thread I suppose it's only Marriott and SPG they're matching but her statement didn't specify that...
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:07 am

Matched last night from Hyatt Diamond. Sent my request morning of the 27th. I have a couple cities I work out of without a convenient Hyatt, so will now likely shift my stays to the Hilton. Everybody wins.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 9:52 am

I also sent my request the morning of the 27th, and got a response last night. It was the "please verify your points balance" response, presumably because I requested the match from my work email rather than from my personal email that's tied to my account. No problem there.

My question is about timing. I responded this morning with my points balance. Am I back in the queue now and have to wait another week to find out my status, or can I expect a quicker response since it's just "verification"? Anyone been through this with any resolution yet?

Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I hope that they don't require you to have some stay and/or points with Hilton to match. My account has been dormant for about 3-4 years. However, they will of course see lots of activity on my Hyatt account.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
I hope that they don't require you to have some stay and/or points with Hilton to match.
They don't
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I just had one of the more disappointing match experiences. Had sent an email a week ago with my current hhonors info (status and hhonors number) and a pdf of my elite card from another chain. I had been awaiting the response with my fingers crossed. It just came and the email started with my name spelled very wrong. It then said that since I'm not an hhonors member, I need to sign up for an account. It then said I could send them a pdf of my status from another chain.
I can understand the hhonors rep making a mistake on my name, or possibly missing the attached pdf, but I mentioned my current hhonors status repeatedly (as I already have gold and wanted to make sure they understood that I was hoping for diamond) and provided my account number. Clearly someone didn't even bother to read my request. So much for hhonors customer service...
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, IHG (Platinum Elite), Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
I got an email today saying congrats on your Diamond Status! They'd originally told me I'd only get matched to Platinum because I'm Platinum Elite with IHG (thanks, credit cards) but somehow I ended up with Diamond. I'm not complaining, but was *not* expecting that. Now I have to figure out what to do with that Diamond Status. I stay with Hilton about once a year, but I guess the extra points will be welcome. I sent my request on Thanksgiving (November 26th) so I guess it took them a week to respond, which is pretty fast.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Got an email today about the match... Unfortunately they found two accounts with my name. Instead of using the number I gave them and has my stays etc... They asked which I wanted to keep/use.

Looks like I'm back to the bottom of the email pile.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
Checked my email today. I got a rock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.