Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Starwood + Marriott: How Will Hilton Respond? Elite Status Matches?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Posted by HHonorsRepresentative:

We're winding down for the Thanksgiving holiday and, as a heads up, I will be out of the office until Monday, but I wanted to let you know about our status match program...

We've been receiving a number of requests and yes, we do match status from other programs and we'd love to be your travel home.
We are matching status for 2016. To make sure you're all set for the year, please submit your request by January 11, 2016. You'll enjoy that status through March 2017.

All you need is something that shows your elite tier in another program and an HHonors number.

Email us at [email protected] and we'll help get you started.
Please note it may take a couple of days to process given the Thanksgiving holiday. We promise to process requests as quickly as possible and any request submitted prior to January 11, 2016, will be processed in time to enjoy your new status for the entire year.

Updated 12/18/15:

For anyone who is still interested in status matching to HHonors, we have created a site for registration:

HHonor My Status

Feel free to use this site in lieu of submitting an email.

Remember you have until January 11, 2016 - so act now!
Print Wikipost

Starwood + Marriott: How Will Hilton Respond? Elite Status Matches?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by iheartpoints
Requested with Hyatt Diamond on 11/25 at 8pm EST, just received the match to HH Diamond.
They must not be taking them in order. Perhaps I'll hear tomorrow. Btw...I don't really know much about the Hyatt Diamond benefits. Is there a particular benefit you're looking forward to?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I sent in my request early AM on the 25th and no change in status, they seem to have skipped over me as ppl who sent in later have allready been matched
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I sent in my request on 11/25, 4.10 pm PST with my conspicuously point-empty, newly-minted Hyatt Diamond status, and got matched to Hilton Diamond today at 10.39 am PST. Account changed to Diamond as well.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by kauppias
I sent in my request early AM on the 25th and no change in status, they seem to have skipped over me as ppl who sent in later have allready been matched
Yeah, we're being skipped over right and left. Those darn skippers.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by solewalker
I sent in my request on 11/25, 4.10 pm PST with my conspicuously point-empty, newly-minted Hyatt Diamond status, and got matched to Hilton Diamond today at 10.39 am PST. Account changed to Diamond as well.
Hyatt and Hilton like you best.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:35 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Wisdom
Yeah, we're being skipped over right and left. Those darn skippers.

First world problems are great

I will be happy if done by jan since I will be going to Hilton territory then, but perhaps if its sooner I will test out a property before then
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
I was matched today with Hilton Diamond. I am currently Marriott Platinum with 172 nights this year.

In my email, I stated that I was formerly loyal to Hilton and was a Diamond for 4 years straight. I think that helped my campaign.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by alrvd83
In my email, I stated that I was formerly loyal to Hilton and was a Diamond for 4 years straight. I think that helped my campaign.
I would bet that it made no difference whatsoever.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:14 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Submitted my request for status match (from Hyatt Diamond) on November 26, 1.50 am EST. Based on replies in this thread I am fairly confident that when I check in at a Hilton property the next time (December 16), I will be Hilton Diamond.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by alrvd83
I was matched today with Hilton Diamond. I am currently Marriott Platinum with 172 nights this year.

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I would bet that it made no difference whatsoever.
I doubt it either. I'm still waiting to hear back, after submitting fairly early after the OP and was previously HHD, which I let them know etc.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Submitted my request 3 pm PST 11/26...no news yet.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:58 am

Received this last night (maybe because I sent my request from a different email than is linked to my HH account?):

Thank you for your status match request. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Thank you for your request to “HHonor My Status.” For verification purposes, please respond with your current Hilton HHonors point balance. Once verified, we will be glad to process your request.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: Meh
Can I ask what Hilton is doing for the loyal diamond members of over 15 years. I have 250,000 base points this year - it would be a nice gesture to give me diamond for 2 years based on this, given the massive influx of new customers into the diamond program...
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by diver858
Anyone try IHG Platinum? It is given away for free with their credit card, which includes a free night annually, fee is only $49. My wife and I both have the card, the 2 free nights have been used at nicer properties (La Concha in Key West, El Presidente in Cozumel). I already earned Diamond status for 2016, this would be an interesting alternative for the future.
I am IHG Platinum and got matched to Hilton Diamond. Very happy about that. IHG has been generous with room upgrades but I rarely get lounge access and never breakfast. I would rather have those benefits as I don't stay in the room much when I travel, so I will definitely be staying at more Hiltons now.

Side note, my wife previously made a reservation at a Hilton for the both of us because she had Gold status thanks to AmEx. Now that I am Platinum, any way I can change or add my name and HHonors number to the reservation?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: Trying my best to love Le Club Accor (Gold)
A bit late to the party, sent mine on 27/11...received auto response mail within 4 hours.

And still no news today...requesting to be matched to spg plat.
Got Hyatt diamond matched last weekend, although its the better alternative compared to hilton program but I can use more stay at hilton due to my preferred airline partnership. Being diamond just puts the cherry on top.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.