Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Starwood + Marriott: How Will Hilton Respond? Elite Status Matches?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Posted by HHonorsRepresentative:

We're winding down for the Thanksgiving holiday and, as a heads up, I will be out of the office until Monday, but I wanted to let you know about our status match program...

We've been receiving a number of requests and yes, we do match status from other programs and we'd love to be your travel home.
We are matching status for 2016. To make sure you're all set for the year, please submit your request by January 11, 2016. You'll enjoy that status through March 2017.

All you need is something that shows your elite tier in another program and an HHonors number.

Email us at [email protected] and we'll help get you started.
Please note it may take a couple of days to process given the Thanksgiving holiday. We promise to process requests as quickly as possible and any request submitted prior to January 11, 2016, will be processed in time to enjoy your new status for the entire year.

Updated 12/18/15:

For anyone who is still interested in status matching to HHonors, we have created a site for registration:

HHonor My Status

Feel free to use this site in lieu of submitting an email.

Remember you have until January 11, 2016 - so act now!
Print Wikipost

Starwood + Marriott: How Will Hilton Respond? Elite Status Matches?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hailstorm
More Hyatt properties than Hilton in Tokyo!
Everyone has more properties in Paris than Hilton.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CIT85
Paris is a part of Asia now?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by CIT85
Suspect one Paris Hilton squelched any plans to expand their presence in the French capital. Quite enjoyed our stays at the Paris Hilton back in the '80s when it was a Hilton International and they had their own VIP guest program. Always a bottle of champagne on ice upon arrival, other goodies would arrive each evening (chocolates, fruit, cheese platters...) along with bottles of Evian.

Back on topic, it will be interesting to see which tiers get matched to which HHonors tiers. And will they match newly matched Hyatt Diamonds?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Suspect one Paris Hilton squelched any plans to expand their presence in the French capital. Quite enjoyed our stays at the Paris Hilton back in the '80s when it was a Hilton International and they had their own VIP guest program. Always a bottle of champagne on ice upon arrival, other goodies would arrive each evening (chocolates, fruit, cheese platters...) along with bottles of Evian.

Back on topic, it will be interesting to see which tiers get matched to which HHonors tiers. And will they match newly matched Hyatt Diamonds?
Seriously, esp. before Hyatt locked down on their status "matching", I bet some of these people could now go from Hilton Gold to Hyatt Diamond and now possibly to to Hilton Diamond, only because Hyatt messed up.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kmw45
Seriously, esp. before Hyatt locked down on their status "matching", I bet some of these people could now go from Hilton Gold to Hyatt Diamond and now possibly to to Hilton Diamond, only because Hyatt messed up.
Seeing as Hilton doesn't even require a stay requirement for their status match, they probably couldn't care less.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Starwood + Marriott - How Will Hilton Respond?

Just sent in a match request from SPG Plat. If they grant Diamond, I will certainly be switching back to HH as a safety net for what comes of the SPG/MR merger.

Actually used to be a HH guy but SPG drew me away with DL Crossover and because I started travelling more to big cities where there was actually an SPG presence. I don't see the DL program surviving the merger.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:52 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by kmw45
This is what I am now trying to do.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Already HH Gold but expires March next year. Submitted my status match request (SPG Gold) to see if Hilton will extend my Gold status to March 2017. Fingers crossed.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by SPBanker
This is what I am now trying to do.
Me too! Good luck!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Why not. Already have HH Gold via AMEX Surpass but might as well see if I can match up to Diamond if possible (Marriott Plat with 145 nights this year).

Was already looking at the Hilton The Walk / Hilton Jumeirah Beach / Conrad Dubai and this would save me having to buy up to an Executive room for guaranteed EL access.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Bonvoy Titanium, United Silver, various other midtier rankings
Never mind.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
We're winding down for the Thanksgiving holiday and, as a heads up, I will be out of the office until Monday, but I wanted to let you know about our status match program...

We've been receiving a number of requests and yes, we do match status from other programs and we'd love to be your travel home.
  1. We are matching status for 2016. To make sure you're all set for the year, please submit your request by January 11, 2016. You'll enjoy that status through March 2017.
  2. All you need is something that shows your elite tier in another program and an HHonors number.
  3. Email us at [email protected] and we'll help get you started.
Please note it may take a couple of days to process given the Thanksgiving holiday. We promise to process requests as quickly as possible and any request submitted prior to January 11, 2016, will be processed in time to enjoy your new status for the entire year.

Safe travels,
Ashleigh
You think they will extend my Gold until 2017 if I show them proof of Hyatt Platinum thru 2017?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fhoo
You think they will extend my Gold until 2017 if I show them proof of Hyatt Platinum thru 2017?
They want to attract new customers, not to help existing customers.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm
They want to attract new customers, not to help existing customers.
Yes, I understand that. But if I lose my Gold, i'll become a Hyatt customer instead. Not sure if they think like me :-)
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fhoo
Yes, I understand that. But if I lose my Gold, i'll become a Hyatt customer instead. Not sure if they think like me :-)
They are a publicly traded company. They think about next quarter's revenue only. What happens after that is a concern for another quarter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.