Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Warsaw City Centre {POL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Warsaw City Centre {POL}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Arrow Hampton by Hilton Warsaw City Centre {POL}

Hampton by Hilton Warsaw City Centre is proudly the largest Hampton in Europe.

Hotel is very centrally located. It is less than 5 minutes walk from central railway station. The Hampton building has two signs Hampton by Hilton and S+B Group. This Hampton is not Inn which is fair for impressive 17 story building. The entrance is on the opposite side of the central station. Reception is on the 1st floor, one floor up by elevator. Luggage carts were available on the ground floor.

Checked in at 2pm. Official check-in time is 3pm. I was welcomed as a HHonors Diamond member. I got drink voucher good for soda, juice, beer or wine. I got room on the top floor 17. Clean, functional, 60+ TV channels, very good bed mattress. Smallish but fine. Tea, coffee making facilities. WiFi internet was very fast and nothing was blocked ^ No bath, only a walk-in shower. Hotel has it’s own parking under the building.

Very large breakfast buffet on the 2nd floor that could accommodate 200+ guests at the same time. Buffet is self service, no cooked-to-order and no fish. Lots of different sauces for salads. Cold cuts, choice of cheese, bacon, scrambled eggs, waffle station, etc.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay. I recommend this hotel if you need very centrally located HHonors property, usually at a good price. Good for a mattress run.

Hilton Warsaw and DoubleTree by Hilton Warsaw offer spa, fitness, pool, sauna, suites, etc. Hilton is 30 minutes on foot / 10 minutes taxi drive, DoubleTree is located in the middle of nowhere and about 25 minutes taxi drive or an hour commuting on public transport. I’d particularly recommend to stay in Hampton by Hilton Warsaw City Centre if you leave on train early or arrive late. Lots of shopping opportunities are within walking distance.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 1:39 pm

Thanks for a very informative review. I had a request for this hotel today, so I will show my clients your comments.

For convenience to the rail station and city centre, it's obviously a no brainier.

Safe travels!
Old Sep 19, 2015, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I plan on staying at this hotel next month, as well as the new Hampton in Krakow. I've stayed at the other Hampton near the airport and also the one in Gdansk. Those two hotels are basically identical on the inside. I like the breakfast offerings. Although not as good as the Hampton in Berlin. But definitely better than the Hamptons in the States. My biggest concern regarding the Warsaw City Center hotel was the size of the hotel and the amount of space for the breakfast area. (The one in Berlin is a zoo at breakfast time.) I'm glad to hear that it is a large seating area.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Thank you for the review.
Could you tell me if the windows can be opened? (to the outside for fresh air).
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by helosc
Thank you for the review.
Could you tell me if the windows can be opened? (to the outside for fresh air).
Yes, suicide preventive small opening. Outside noise from a major street can be bothersome. It is quiet with windows closed and air conditioning is quiet too.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Thank you very much.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 7:23 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Good location and friendly staff

Hampton Inn Warsaw

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hampton Inn Warsaw

115 Robmar Dr Warsaw, IN US 46580

Good location and friendly staff (8 Photos)

Hampton Inn Warsaw

Main purpose of choosing this hotel was the location which is much better compared to the full service Hilton hotel (which I've stayed before and found it to be quite far from everything).  Also as I was travelling with a party of 3, this was an easier choice since breakfast was included and I knew I would not have time to use the executive lounge.

This property is located just behind the afamous Marriott Warsaw and the Central Warsaw train station.  There is also a smaller train station just next to the Central train station (like 50m away), Warsaw ÅšródmieÅ›cie.  For those taking the train, it seems like there are more trains/suburban train service for ÅšródmieÅ›cie instead of Central (seems like only every 30 mins).  Although when going back to the airport and if you want to take the one from ÅšródmieÅ›cie, becareful of which entrance you use - as one of it leads you to only a 1 track station.  In general, going from Warsaw back to the airport with the train was slightly more confusing than vv.  

The airport bus stops in front of the central station which is also an alternative for those wanting to use public transportation.  From either of these options the hotel is walkable in about 10 mins (if you have heavy luggage this might be an issue- not because of distance but because there are some steps that you need to take coming up from the station or crossing the road - since it uses an underpass).

Around the hotel there are quite a number of smaller neighbourhoods where there were some nice cafe/restaurants.  Within walking distance is the Cultural Palace and a number of malls.  All in all, a good location for the different type of tourist/business purposes.

Check In

I arrived close to midnight (walking from the station to the hotel was fairly easy and safe).  The check-in desk/area is one floor up from the entrance.  Although there was a small group in front checking in, there was a couple of other associate behind the desk so I was checked in fast and was done within 5 mins.  I did had to confirm that the room provided had the 3rd bed set up - which luckily I did as I was given than the correct room after it was double checked.  

As an elite member, I was given a small coupon for a welcome drink which is a very nice gesture (which more places will do this as it does not cost much but leaves a very good impression).

H_entrace.jpg

Room

The room was located on the 17th floor which did have a nice view of the city.  The room size was ok, although a bit tight with the sofa bed opened out (otherwise it would have been more than sufficient).  

The room was the usual cookie cutter room as seen at other Hampton Inns' in Europe.  The bed was comfortable.  The sofa bed was ok - not as comfortable as the normal bed as the mattrass above it was on the thinner side.  However it was still ok enough to have a good rest.

The bathroom size was ok with a walk in shower.  The shower area was on the smaller side, but for an averaged size person it was doable.  Toiletries were in wall mounted pump bottles - the same brand as found in Hampton Inn's around Europe.  Water pressure and temperature control was good for the shower.

Internet provided was the basic one - you just need to enter your room and last name.  Speed and stability was good.  They did have bottled waters provided in the room  - but these are just 1 time thing as they are not replenished after the 1st night.  TV channels were ok, but very limited English options - mainly news channels as everything else is dubbed.  Even though the room faced a main road, there was nearly no traffic noise disturbance even during rush hour.  

The only small complain would be the temperature control unit.  I could never figure out how to work it, as even dialing the temperature down to the lowest and putting it on high fan speed, the room never really cooled down.  

H_bed.jpg1_H_bed2.jpgH_corridor.jpg1_H_view.jpgH_view2.jpg

Dining

The breakfast service is served on the 2nd floor of the hotel.  It was basically a very large space that was divided into different small sections.  Even with such a large space, I would imagine if the hotel had full occupation, it would not be suffient if everyone came more or less around the same time for breakfast.

Breakfast spread was very good for a Hampton Inn.  I would even say it has ot be one of the best one I've seen at any Hampton Inn.  They had about 5 hot dishes and even they managed to change 1-2 dishes each day.  Other than that the quality of it was good.  

Breakfast staff were quick in clearing dishes/plates up so there was never any tables left empty with dishes laying around.

I did also have a couple of drinks at the bar area - and the selection was also very good and reasonably priced.  They did have some nice lounge area to relax and chat with friends.

H_bar.jpgH_bar2.jpg

Overall

All in all, quite a good value hotel in a good location.  Staff are in general friendly and helpful.  I would certainly return to this property if I need to be in Warsaw again.  

Good location and friendly staff

Would you like to write a review on the Hampton Inn Warsaw?

No, thank you.
Yes
Cymro and fransknorge like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
This hotel is great (location-wise and friendly staff), and in my opinion has the best breakfast offerings of the Hampton hotels in Poland. But the rooms are already looking a bit battered. This hotel is really a tourist hotel with a lot of groups and families. Unlike the two properties near the airport which seem to have more of a business clientele.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:39 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Recent stay for 20K points. Walked from Central station. Took bus 175 to the airport on departure. Not much else to add to nldogbert's review but here goes:

Lots of staff on duty at check in (and check-out). I received a huge paper bag with two bottles of water and chocolate wafer bars. A bit silly/wasteful as there were water bottles in the room too. (Unlike the Hilton Zurich, which also gives out water bottles in a paper bag at the front desk.) Received a drink voucher as well.

The air con worked well for me. Very fast wifi. The shower was fine and did not flood the bathroom, even though most European Hamptons have a similar design and they do flood the bathroom. Not really sure why as I obviously point the water towards the wall. I didn't find the room to be "a bit battered", obviously not brand new but in good condition.

Breakfast begins at 0600 and it was already quite busy when I went down at 0605. There are two sides to the buffet area which are mirror images of each other, which makes it seem to have a wider variety of dishes than there actually are. There was a "queue" of sorts for the wafflemakers, it was slightly weird to see businessmen and women in suits making waffles as normally at Hamptons and HGIs it is only me, children and occasionally loud American tourists who make them.... Some photos of the food on offer below.

Not sure if there was some event on that day as I thought Warsaw hotels were supposed to be cheap. The Hilton was going for 900+ PLN and the IC for 1000+, and the Hampton was 500. I wouldn't normally pay that much, so was happy that a points rate was available.
Attached Images    
Old Oct 5, 2019, 4:13 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by :D!
Lots of staff on duty at check in (and check-out). I received a huge paper bag with two bottles of water and chocolate wafer bars..
Hmm.. I was not offered this even as a Diamond...however the associate checking me in was in my opinion not the most bothered, so I guess it was because she forgot. Not a biggie, but seems staff are not all well trained to be consistent...
And the water in the room was not replenished....

Nice review btw.

Cheers!
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A dire hotel during Covid. To be totally avoided.

Front Desk staff who speak limited English AND Polish. Russian communication was the preferred language. I gave up trying to explain entitlement to My Way snack and soft drink (its water but in Poland its always a soft drink). I was offered a separate voucher for a beer.

Breakfast is left in a box outside the room. They don't even knock. Charcoaled clumps of black fatty bacon, stuck together, and scrambled eggs even worse than BArbs "First" lounge. Sugar juice. Hot coffee only on collection from the restaurant AND even that was disgusting. A Nescafe instant coffee machine? Why does that machine exist? I haven't seen anything like that since the Servisair lounges circa 2007.

One pillow on the bed which may as well have had no filling, it offered no support.

Finally, the bathroom tap (faucet) has a filter on it to reduce water consumption meaning it comes out at such high pressure, it sprays. It was impossible to wash hands (during a pandemic) without covering yourself in water, even the lowest pressure setting sprayed. A second room we booked, didn't have the filter at all just a big hole in the tap where I imagine it fell off, or was removed by a guest, so we washed our hands there.

Skip the breakfast, skip the bed, skip washing your hands.

This is a hotel for companies that don't value their employees rest and budget tourists who want to be close to the centre. It's the only hotel I've seen in Poland that has prominent signs in the Russian language, giving you an idea of the clientele. Anyone at least with the tiniest discerning taste should stay elsewhere. In WAW, you've got FAR better HH options in the form of Hampton Mokotow, Hilton City or the Airport. My current go-to budget HH is the new Reduta. Very comfortable rooms, with a fridge, and nice benefits on account of no alcohol licence.

The new Hampton brand standard is very good and it really opens your eyes to how out of date and rubbish the old standard is.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by hugolover
A dire hotel during Covid. To be totally avoided.

Front Desk staff who speak limited English AND Polish. Russian communication was the preferred language. I gave up trying to explain entitlement to My Way snack and soft drink (its water but in Poland its always a soft drink). I was offered a separate voucher for a beer.

Breakfast is left in a box outside the room. They don't even knock. Charcoaled clumps of black fatty bacon, stuck together, and scrambled eggs even worse than BArbs "First" lounge. Sugar juice. Hot coffee only on collection from the restaurant AND even that was disgusting. A Nescafe instant coffee machine? Why does that machine exist? I haven't seen anything like that since the Servisair lounges circa 2007.

One pillow on the bed which may as well have had no filling, it offered no support.

Finally, the bathroom tap (faucet) has a filter on it to reduce water consumption meaning it comes out at such high pressure, it sprays. It was impossible to wash hands (during a pandemic) without covering yourself in water, even the lowest pressure setting sprayed. A second room we booked, didn't have the filter at all just a big hole in the tap where I imagine it fell off, or was removed by a guest, so we washed our hands there.

Skip the breakfast, skip the bed, skip washing your hands.

This is a hotel for companies that don't value their employees rest and budget tourists who want to be close to the centre. It's the only hotel I've seen in Poland that has prominent signs in the Russian language, giving you an idea of the clientele. Anyone at least with the tiniest discerning taste should stay elsewhere. In WAW, you've got FAR better HH options in the form of Hampton Mokotow, Hilton City or the Airport. My current go-to budget HH is the new Reduta. Very comfortable rooms, with a fridge, and nice benefits on account of no alcohol licence.

The new Hampton brand standard is very good and it really opens your eyes to how out of date and rubbish the old standard is.
Totally agree hugolover!

Stayed for 1 night around 2 years ago and decided that never again.

Have not tried yet the new Reduta but stayed a few times @ Mokotow and liked very much, also very close and cheap to/from the airport with Uber.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I'm a big fan of Mokotow. I've stayed many times.
I've been seeing the same faces at the FD for ages which is a good sign.

Give Reduta a try. The new HbH concept means King size beds vs max Queen, the shower is resigned with a ridge to stop leaks, bigger TV and of course the fridge. The desk is very, very small.
Reduta is in a very poor location if you're not using Uber/Bolt or have a private car. There's nothing around the hotel except a Shell, not even a Zabka.

Balancing the two, I guess Mokotow is the winner having bigger rooms. I just liked how new Reduta was and of course, it was empty.
more4less likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
How is this property compared to the HI Warsaw City Centre? - similarily priced for my dates later this month.

To answer my own Q - based on stays in November.

The Hampton has a slightly better location near the central station but is a bit tired/dated. The HI is a new property but the rooms are slightly smaller. Breakfast is quite similar, although the settting is better at the HI. Overall I liked the HI more but it was also a bit more expensive and the location needs a bit more walking than the Hampton.

Rates at this property are often quite low/competitive, so if the price is right (i.e. below 200 zlt) I wouldn't mind to stay at this property again, but there are def. better choices in Warzaw.

Last edited by SK AAR; Jan 1, 2022 at 8:31 am Reason: Subsequent comments added
Old Dec 31, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
Reduta is in a very poor location if you're not using Uber/Bolt or have a private car. There's nothing around the hotel except a Shell, not even a Zabka.
Not correct, There are two large malls in the immediate vicinity - Atrium Reduta, which is just opposite the hotel - one minute walk. Then there is Blue City, which is across the highway - a mere 4 minute walk from the front door. You'll find a large Carrefour-hypermarked, Starbucks, foodcourts, Mediamarkt, HM, and all the usual mall stores. Both malls are open till 9 PM Mon-Sat. Some food outlets and the cinemas are open on Sundays as well. Having said that, Reduta is not the most exciting area in Warsaw, and downtown is 4-5 KM away. But public transport is wide available, so is Uber and taxis, etc. The Uber from the airport cost me 19 ZL = 4,5 EUR.

I am here for 3 nights, in order to complete the Hilton challenge. The hotel is brand new - and have the new Hampton-consept, you described it very well Nice and helpful staff here. The hotel seem to be quite busy now, making the generic bar a nice place to enjoy a beer

Sorry if posting in the wrong tread - I could not find a mastertread for this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.