Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton {ARG}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton {ARG}

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, HH Diamond, Delta Gold, UsAir Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Unless you want to collect two stays in Buenos Aires, there is no real neat to stay at the Hilton Puerto Madero, the area is completely artificial and it is a very long walk to anywhere nice. At the Curio you just walk out of the door and you can choose from restaurants, bars and even the market is just in front of it.
But, LeGrill is not far
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Does this hotel have full size suites? Looking at this or the Other Hilton
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:09 pm

Validate my choice of the Anselmo

3 adults are traveling together to BA.
I could either get one room at the Hilton BA for 60000/night points for all 3 in one room, or two rooms for 28000/nt points each at the Anselmo.
Seems like a definite win to go with the Anselmo, right? Staying 5 nights, so 224k HH points total (5th night free award). Might as well use them, right? I'm HH gold.
I have points in a Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, IHG. But all of the other chains were going to charge the std amount of points for the one room + something like
US$70 for the third person. At which point, it seemed kind of dumb and I'd just find a cheaper hotel without points.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by physics
3 adults are traveling together to BA.
I could either get one room at the Hilton BA for 60000/night points for all 3 in one room, or two rooms for 28000/nt points each at the Anselmo.
Seems like a definite win to go with the Anselmo, right? Staying 5 nights, so 224k HH points total (5th night free award). Might as well use them, right? I'm HH gold.
I have points in a Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, IHG. But all of the other chains were going to charge the std amount of points for the one room + something like
US$70 for the third person. At which point, it seemed kind of dumb and I'd just find a cheaper hotel without points.
It really depends what you want out of the trip. One room for 3 adults could be tight in the Anselmo (they weren't huge, it's a boutique hotel), but you can't beat the location. As a Gold you'll probably get free breakfast which isn't huge but was enough (there's a Starbucks in the square and several restaurants if all else fails). Walk outside the door and at night there's street dancers and restaurants and a microbrewery. No subway close but taxis are cheap and it's walkable to even the main sights downtown. For the price difference and the location I'd highly recommend the Anselmo. There's even a nice game room in the lobby if you just need to get out of the room, and a very nice restaurant and wine bar.

EDIT: I see now you'd be getting 2 rooms at the Anselmo. In that case, hands down. You'll enjoy your stay better. Be sure to go to La Brigada for dinner one night, and the front desk staff were very helpful.

Last edited by dmarge18; Aug 20, 2018 at 11:41 am Reason: Update
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:59 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Anselmo Buenos Aires (Curio Collection) = Good Hotel Despite Limited Diamond Benefits

Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton

Anselmo Aieta 1069 Buenos Aires, AR C1103AAA

Anselmo Buenos Aires (Curio Collection) = Good Hotel Despite Limited Diamond Benefits (10 Photos)

Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton

I am normally not a big fan of hotels with limited elite perks so the Curio hotel in Buenos Aires was originally not very high on my list of options given that I had read they are stingy with suite upgrades for Diamonds and there is no lounge, unlike the nearby full service Hilton. However rates for my dates at Hilton were almost as high as Park Hyatt where I was going next on my trip and at that price level I had a preference for PH not Hilton; rates at Curio were three times cheaper than Hilton and reviews of Curio quite good so I tried the Curio brand for the first time.  I was not disappointed.  

Dining

We arrived at 10:40am and normally breakfast ends at 10:30am.  Our room was not ready so we were invited to wait at the café downstairs where breakfast is served and they were generous enough to keep food out until 11am, providing us enough time to enjoy breakfast while we waited for our room.  At that time of day breakfast was peaceful and quiet and we found that food offerings were decent for a hotel within this price range. In addition to standard breakfast items, there were a few minor extras that I appreciated for example roasted veggies. I would note that unlike comments earlier in this thread, they do have yogurt for breakfast now.  When we went to breakfast on other days, it was more crowded than the day we arrived but they have some tables in the inner courtyard for people who want to eat outside which is nice.  

IMG_1415.jpegIMG_1391.jpegIMG_1390.jpegIMG_1389.jpeg

Common Areas

The hotel opened only 3 years ago and it is in good condition.  Overall it is quite small and has a nice charming boutique feel to it.  There is a pool table near the restaurant, also in the hallways walls are made of brick and at the edge of the walls the floor is made of thick glass so you can see floors below, which is interesting.  This property is far from cookie-cutter and I enjoyed the atmosphere.  

IMG_1414.jpegIMG_1416.jpeg

Room

I booked the standard room and got the standard room despite suites being available online at time of check-in.  We got our room at noon so I was happy with the early check-in I did not ask about suites.  The room is not very large but it is fine.  There are a few quirky features which goes along with the overall uniqueness of the hotel, for example the ceiling is unfinished concrete and the walk-in shower has a wood floor.  The water pressure was excellent in fact so strong that given the lack of door to the shower, water leaked out of the shower and near the toilet.  The rest of the room has hardwood floor which gives a clean and crisp feeling.  From our room we had a view of the inner courtyard of the hotel near the restaurant. We received a Diamond amenity : a half bottle of Malbec and a fruit bowl.  Soundproofing is not the best so it could be seen as a downside of this hotel. 

IMG_1396.jpegIMG_1393.jpegIMG_1394.jpegIMG_1395.jpeg

Gym

The hotel used to have a tiny gym but during our visit it was closed.  We were informed that they are in the process of building a new one which will be larger. In the mean time, guests can go to a gym somewhere in another building a couple of blocks away for free.  We did not go.

This was our first visit to BA so we are not very familiar with the city.  Regarding the location I would say it was enjoyable to be in the middle of a nice neighborhood but public transportation is not very close.  Anyway I thought it was a decent location for first time visitors because you get a feel of life in the city rather than being in a major tourist location.  

Overall

Overall the Diamond benefits at this hotel will not wow anybody particularly because of the lack of meaningful room upgrades.  This will generally mean I am not very attracted to such hotels, but given the price tag I cannot complain.  This hotel is not perfect but I think it’s solid value and I would recommend it.  

Anselmo Buenos Aires (Curio Collection) = Good Hotel Despite Limited Diamond Benefits

Would you like to write a review on the Anselmo Buenos Aires, Curio Collection by Hilton?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
I would confirm the above review.
Booked two rooms for a one night stay earlier this week, no upgrade but Diamond fruit bowl and wine in the room.
Location excellent in the San Telmo area, preferable to that of the Hilton, which was anyway over twice the price.
As a Brit, I particularly enjoyed leafing through the bound copies of the Times from 1889 on display in reception.
Breakfast included the usual Argentine offering of several varieties of cake as well as fruit, scrambled egg, bacon and cheese.
No problem to have a late checkout at 3 pm for both rooms.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I can't say I was wowed by my visit to the hotel - the cheap fit out in the rooms that had previously been mentioned, and the breakfast was scaled back from what I had seen in photos earlier in the thread, as it was pretty basic. But thanks to the exchange rate it was a cheap stay and I couldn't really grumble too much. Although as other countries in South America I visited on that trip did it consistently better, it suggested might have been a regional thing.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I was more than willing to fall in love with the place because I think the location near perfect for a short visit.

But the stay was unhappy because of inadequate sound insulation between rooms and/or floors. Clearly, mileages vary on this: I'm a city dweller so traffic noise, drunks singing in the street, I hardly notice. But witnessing conversations (and worse ) from neighbouring guests made the stay miserable. It perhaps coloured my view of rather cheaply equipped rooms: and quirkiness for the sake of being quirky can begin to irritate when the rest of he say isn't going well.

The Hilton's a pretty ropey proposition in terms of the promised luxury in return for a few hundred dollars a night, but although even the executive rooms are shoddy they are quiet: and I'm sure there are sufficient rooms to move to I'd if I were disturbed.

But I don't see Hilton or Curio as the binary choice for BAs: there's lot's of value in the city to be found in no-brand places.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 8:18 am

Oh no. I have six nights booked there in April and this worries me. I am also very used to city noises but don't really want to hear people talking next door
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I had a four night stay in April 2019, I must admit I didn't really recall anything noise wise from the rooms next door. I was in one of the rooms on the same floor as reception but the other side of the central courtyard (room 003 maybe) and I certainly slept ok. The only noises I recalled were the sounds of nightlife, which fell off around midnight, and on Sunday early evening there was a marching drum cavalcade passing through the barrio. I would happily stay there again, accepting that breakfast was somewhat middle of the pack, to put it gently.
MP001 likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:14 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
As per my review from a year ago, I thought soundproofing was a weakness of this hotel. I guess it depends what room you have but sounds like my experience was more similar to IAN-UK . Also, I guess different people will have different tolerance level for noise.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by escape4
As per my review from a year ago, I thought soundproofing was a weakness of this hotel. I guess it depends what room you have but sounds like my experience was more similar to IAN-UK . Also, I guess different people will have different tolerance level for noise.
I have a very low tolerance to noise, and while I was on the courtyard/interior 2nd floor, I didn't have trouble sleeping the weekend we spent there.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I was more than willing to fall in love with the place because I think the location near perfect for a short visit.

But the stay was unhappy because of inadequate sound insulation between rooms and/or floors. Clearly, mileages vary on this: I'm a city dweller so traffic noise, drunks singing in the street, I hardly notice. But witnessing conversations (and worse ) from neighbouring guests made the stay miserable. It perhaps coloured my view of rather cheaply equipped rooms: and quirkiness for the sake of being quirky can begin to irritate when the rest of he say isn't going well.

The Hilton's a pretty ropey proposition in terms of the promised luxury in return for a few hundred dollars a night, but although even the executive rooms are shoddy they are quiet: and I'm sure there are sufficient rooms to move to I'd if I were disturbed.

But I don't see Hilton or Curio as the binary choice for BAs: there's lot's of value in the city to be found in no-brand places.
Totally agree! My post from 4+ years ago (post #7 above) is identical.
Old May 1, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Thread has been dormant since 2020.
Any recent stays ?
Old May 2, 2023, 1:56 am

I stayed here in December 2022 - I thought the hotel was fine for the rate paid. The design is modern and we found the hotel well maintained - it feels like a typical curio. Breakfast was a relatively small buffet - go with low expectations. We found lots to do in the area, and felt safe walking around at night. The front desk removed the VAT without asking when we paid (in USD) with a foreign credit card.

I will stay here again when go back to Argentina later this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.