Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa {NZL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa {NZL}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2024, 10:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Southwest A-List
Stayed here two weeks ago on points. No room upgrade as the hotel was completely sold out for a conference. Nonetheless still got a room with a sliver of lake view. They gave me the breakfast upgrade for free since they couldn't upgrade me. However, the continental is a full buffet and I never used the upgrade. Definitely a nice quiet setting.
ademanuele likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:37 pm

Programs: QF, HH
In the old days, I remember the boat not running much after about 7pm at night. Looks to be different now, with services up till about 9:30pm. Good on them.

Looking at booking three nights here for our honeymoon. Is there much difference between the standard and the 'deluxe' guest rooms?

Can guests of the DoubleTree use the Hilton swimming pool?

There's also M Gallery's Hotel St Moritz, but that's $300 more than the DoubleTree. Not sure it's really worth it, given that the DoubleTree would suit us happily.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Catweazle
Looking at booking three nights here for our honeymoon. Is there much difference between the standard and the 'deluxe' guest rooms?
I assume you mean the Hilton? IIRC the main (and only) difference is the view: Deluxe gets a guaranteed lake view whereas standard you might get a glimpse of the lake from the side, or nothing at all if your room is on the ground floor. As they are stingy with upgrades here, I would recommend booking the room you want. At the Doubletree only a tiny fraction of the rooms have a lake view.

Can guests of the DoubleTree use the Hilton swimming pool?
For Diamonds, yes. Others need to pay a fee.

There's also M Gallery's Hotel St Moritz, but that's $300 more than the DoubleTree. Not sure it's really worth it, given that the DoubleTree would suit us happily.
Can't comment on the property itself, but you're paying for the in town location. While the Hilton is in a lovely location, there isn't much in the vicinity. Having said that, the MGallery is at the top of a steep street in QT so not exactly in the thick of things walking-wise.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 4:49 am

Programs: QF, HH
Oh, any idea what the fee is or must one book something at the spa for several $$$?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:20 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Oh, any idea what the fee is or must one book something at the spa for several $$$?
Not too steep. I think it was $7-10pp last time I was there. Better to call ahead and confirm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.