Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa {NZL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa {NZL}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:21 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is parking still waived for elites?
Is there still a free shuttle and water boat into town?
Can't speak to parking, but the shuttle is long gone - I remember taking it when I visited in 2017, but by my 2019 visit it was no longer offered, and there was no mention of the shuttle when I was there a few weeks ago.

The water taxi, run by Queenstown Ferries, is still active. It's actually cheaper than I remember; it used to be $10 one-way, cash only, but is now $5 one-way with a Bee Card, $7 without, and cash is not accepted. There are 8 departures from the Hilton on weekdays, 12 on weekends, and the full schedule can be found on the Queenstown Ferries website.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:49 am

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is parking still waived for elites?
Is there still a free shuttle and water boat into town?
While some have reported parking is waived for Diamonds, I was told clearly last month parking cannot be waived since the garage is run separately. I was told I could do roadside parallel parking for free, and that’s why I ended up doing, though it involved a long walk and 10 minutes of driving around to find a spot. The water shuttle is convenient but not free, you pay on board about $4.5 USD pp each way. Note that on weekdays the last ferry from town is before 6 pm, so you have to find a different way to get back if you are doing dinner in town. Schedule here https://queenstownferries.co.nz
Old Jul 8, 2023, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
The Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa is the southernmost Hilton hotel in the world. Located on New Zealand’s Lake Wakatipu, I spent two nights there and thought it was a great property. While an upgrade was not available, my standard king room was huge, with a pull out couch, a fireplace, and a balcony. Continental breakfast included for Golds/Diamonds, with a small upcharge if wanting hot food. Guests can use the water taxi to ride into downtown Queenstown.

I had booked at 60k points/night originally; however, I cancelled and rebooked when the rate dropped to 39k points/night about a week before the stay. Had pizza at Stacks the first night and steak at the Wakatipu Grill the second night.

The hotel has great views of the Remarkables and is only ten minutes from the Queenstown airport.
Old Jul 16, 2023, 9:22 pm

I was hoping to book this property for late November but there are no rooms available using either cash or points. Does the property only operate seasonally?
Old Jul 17, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by forthecookies
I was hoping to book this property for late November but there are no rooms available using either cash or points. Does the property only operate seasonally?
Late November is summertime in NZ so not a seasonal issue.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 11:34 am

December 6th seems to be the first date available to book, so was wondering if I was slightly too early for some reason.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 1:46 am

Programs: qfc, airnz,united, hilt,apec, avis pp
Originally Posted by forthecookies
December 6th seems to be the first date available to book, so was wondering if I was slightly too early for some reason.
Hi, used to go down (ex chch) many many times, November is quiter before xmas so not that. The fact that the hotel next door, Dble Tree is also booked out means they have taken a bulk booking. Last time they did this I remember it was treat for all Chinese amway delegates, Hilton were pushing it really hard to get it. So suspect very strongly they have done similar. Remember they have been doing it rough with closing their cafe, their upstairs entrance bar, their stacks pub only opens on some days, etc, so definitely not busy for normal timing, try Millbrook they are wonderful.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by andrew
Hi, used to go down (ex chch) many many times, November is quiter before xmas so not that. The fact that the hotel next door, Dble Tree is also booked out means they have taken a bulk booking. Last time they did this I remember it was treat for all Chinese amway delegates, Hilton were pushing it really hard to get it. So suspect very strongly they have done similar. Remember they have been doing it rough with closing their cafe, their upstairs entrance bar, their stacks pub only opens on some days, etc, so definitely not busy for normal timing, try Millbrook they are wonderful.
Thank you. I reached out to the hotel and they confirmed they are sold out for a group booking, so your hypothesis seems right.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 1:26 am

Programs: qfc, airnz,united, hilt,apec, avis pp
Food availability

Hi, just stayed again this weekend, looks like double tree beside it is getting make over as bathrooms were leaking. Hilton had main fine ding lounge open, the stacks pub attached now closed Sundays and Mondays, the all night room service now closes at 10pm so not advisable to drive in late and expect any food, this causes a problem as Hilton is $50 taxi ride from Queenstown. Though maybe not a problem if you are on their local time.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spent 7 nights here recently, spouse is Diamond. Slight upgrade to a lake view from a standard king rewards room.

We took the NZSki bus up to the Remarkables 4 days, it is very convenient and at 25 NZD round trip seemed worth it to not do the drive and fight for parking. The bus stops at the Hilton then one more stop at the Park and Ride at the base, so virtually no delays in getting up, and they drop you right ot the lodge entrance.

As stated above the Doubletree is closed. I had been hoping to use the laundry there as we were on a 3.5 week trip but had to go in to Frankton to use a landromat there.

The ferry is now 10 NZD per person each way, but an Uber was about 25 and the ferry was far more scenic. We found it easy to take the 5:15 from the Hilton and catch the 7:45 back in Queenstown, just enough time for a dinner and a stroll around. We ate pizza at Stacks one night and it was dismal, soggy crust, clearly made from frozen. Another day we grabbed Beam scooters (parked near the Doubletree) and went in to the Frankton Arm which was a quite decent pub that we could get to on the scooters almost without going on any roads, just the lakeside path.

If you like watching planes, park yourself by the lake and enjoy.

Breakfast was continental with a 10 dollar upgrade to full. Service was sparse. Items on the buffet ran out often and of the 6 times one of us ordered an omelette, 5 times they were made wrong (simple things like no cheese). It seemed the barista was busy making drinks for staff half the time.
FlySkyHigh likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:02 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hi All
Does the Hilton Amex resort fee credits work at this property?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:19 pm

yes--just used them 2 weeks ago--posted in 8 days
Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:52 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by trk1
yes--just used them 2 weeks ago--posted in 8 days
Great news indeed!Thank you
Was just told after a 45 min call on hold with a Hilton DisHonors rep @ the Fake Diamond desk
that they are a non participating property
Thank You for your shared experience it is highly encouraging
I will keep my booking! I suppose ones MMV!
God for bid Hilton would publish an accurate easy to access list for reps and customers
Bring back William Sanders on Flyertalk!
:D! likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
We are visiting NZ for the first time next year and spending some 5 weeks on South Island. We are looking at hotels in Queenstown for 3 nights and seems an expensive place to stay.

Is it inconvenient being at the Hilton away from the centre of Queenstown? I assume it is easy enough to get Ubers?

We are looking at a King Hilton Deluxe Lakeview, any comments on this room? I will be Diamond by the time we visit in mid-February, given how busy the hotel seems to be I guess very little chance of an upgrade?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ademanuele
We are visiting NZ for the first time next year and spending some 5 weeks on South Island. We are looking at hotels in Queenstown for 3 nights and seems an expensive place to stay.

Is it inconvenient being at the Hilton away from the centre of Queenstown? I assume it is easy enough to get Ubers?

We are looking at a King Hilton Deluxe Lakeview, any comments on this room? I will be Diamond by the time we visit in mid-February, given how busy the hotel seems to be I guess very little chance of an upgrade?
It's definitely less convenient, in the sense that it's further away from the center of town, but frankly we found that to be a selling point in that we liked the bucolic setting on the lake.

There is a boat that takes you right to the center of town, which is less hassle than Ubers, but of course you have to then deal with the boat schedule. Maybe take the boat to town then Uber back if returning by boat is inconvenient?
ademanuele likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.