Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Manila {PHL} (Philippines)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Manila {PHL} (Philippines)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2021, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Back at the Conrad Manila again!

As a follow-up to my earlier post (no. 91) on this thread, I'm back at the Conrad Manila again!

Mrs PtF and myself have been in residence here since 29 June 2021 - firstly fulfilling a mandatory 14 day quarantine requirement, and subsequently continuing our stay here while we search for long-term accommodation (I've recently started a full-time job here). In our almost two months here we've experienced one 6.7 magnitude earthquake (epicentre 50 miles away), a steaming Taal volcano (35 miles away), five days of continuous non-stop monsoon rain of biblical proportions (resulting in extensive localised flooding) and two weeks of ultra-strict covid-19 lockdown - and they say it's more fun in the Philippines!

All that aside the Conrad itself, which particularly during covid-19 lockdown has, sadly, resembled a ghost ship, has been EXCELLENT. There have, I believe, been two General Managers since I last stayed here four years ago - the current GM is the absolutely fantastic Linda Pecoraro. It might help that both Mrs PtF and myself are Hilton Lifetime Diamond, but nothing is too much trouble for Linda and her team; they really are amongst the very best hotel staff (both European and local) we have ever come across, and we have made some good friends amongst them.

Prior to the most recent covid-19 lockdown the property was just starting to look alive again - with the C Lounge, Brasserie on 3 and China Blue all offering first-rate food and drink - but they have all had to shut down again until at least the end of August 2021. Fingers crossed they will all be open again next month.

Ironically it was only when reading just now my previous post from four years ago that I realised Mrs PtF and I are staying in the same suite I stayed in four years ago (Room 7058). We'll be sorry to eventually leave, but will surely return on a regular basis to catch up with the staff and kick back while watching the sun set over Manila Bay from the comfort of the C Lounge.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, BA Gold, AF Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Mrs PtF and myself have been in residence here since 29 June 2021 - firstly fulfilling a mandatory 14 day quarantine requirement, and subsequently continuing our stay here while we search for long-term accommodation (I've recently started a full-time job here).
Phil the Flyer many thanks for the helpful info. Can I ask how much the hotel charged for the airport transfer? I’m assuming you can’t just order a grab from there airport to the hotel for quarantine

on a similar note- how did the hotel charge for lock and dinner? Were there meal packages for quarantine guests? Assuming Diamond complimentary breakfast still applied but delivered in room?

Cheers and thanks for the insights
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:12 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hi PtF, any news on when PHL will reopen to international tourists?
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Prior to the most recent covid-19 lockdown the property was just starting to look alive again
Old Oct 3, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: United Premier, EK Skywards Blue, AAdvantage, Delta SkyMiles, Lufthansa Miles & More, Aeroplan
Looks like I'm going back to Manila for a staycation in December! Do guests still get a complimentary carabao? How much are they on sale for? I'm growing the family.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by 082095
Looks like I'm going back to Manila for a staycation in December! Do guests still get a complimentary carabao? How much are they on sale for? I'm growing the family.
My last stay here was Jan 2023, and I got a free carabao.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 2:22 pm

Debating the Conrad vs. Hilton Manila for a 4 night stay in February. Will have a 3 year old with us, wondering which one would be a better location and more kids friendly to stay. Diamond member.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I'd say the Conrad will be better. The Hilton is more of an airport hotel and while there is some retail nearby, the options for food and shopping and walking outside are much better at the Conrad.
GMSK likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just completed a 2 night stay at this property booked via the "Amex Hotel Collection" which included $100 hotel credit.

I had some pre-contact with the hotel to ask if they'd honour Honors benefits like the breakfast and lounge access despite booking via the Amex rate and it was confirmed I would. Within the generic email they said they also upgrade up to suites subject to availability. The nightly rate worked out to be about 13,900 pesos per night, which is roughly £200/US$245 per night. I "softened" the blow by using a Amex Travel cashback offer on my Platinum card so it took £100 off. If you have status (and even if you don't) I'm not sure the maths add up for using the Hotel Collection rate - the price difference from a normal apex rate is equivalent in my case of paying for your own hotel credit. The cashback made it worth it in my case.

I also asked if they had any sort of shuttle from the airport given the relatively close proximity and they said they could offer a car for 3000 pesos which is absolutely ludicrous. You can get a GRAB for about 300.

Anyway on the day of arrival I noticed I'd been "upgraded" to a king room with bay view - so a one category upgrade from the entry level room I had booked - a king room. Technically that is correct for the Hotel Collection rate but a bit tight given I was expecting something better as per the encouraging email mentioned above. I didn't push the matter at check in.

There was actually a bit of noise from the attractions on the beach - plenty of screaming from the pirate ship ride on the "corniche".

The rooms are finished to a high standard - in the room was a welcome "gift" of chocolates and some soft sweets.

They also had a soft toy Conrad caribou in the room to take - but not sure I get the Manilla/Philippines connection to that animal!

The bathroom had the usual Mojave Ghost amenities and the shower pressure was very good. There's even a horizontal shower head about half way up the wall! No bath tubs in the basic rooms.

As mentioned lounge access was included. Breakfast is served 0630-1030, afternoon tea from 1400-1600 and evening snacks 1700-1900. Due to a late flight I checked in just as the evening snacks and drinks were finishing. I went up to the lounge but they'd already started clearing the evening things away - however they took pity on me and served me some drinks and leftovers! The staff in the lounge (and the whole hotel) were brilliant. The spread in the lounge was pretty good and it seems each night they have a hot dish "made" by the chef.
Afternoon tea:

I took breakfast in the downstairs restaurant. The selection is fairly good but I'd say it's at the lower end of luxury hotel breakfasts. They had bread and butter pudding which was delicious.

The pool is open until 10pm and is well set up for swimming lengths due to its generous endowment.

I spent my $100 hotel credit on a 2 hour massage. They give 20% discount to Gold and Diamond members. I used the remainder of my credit on a cocktail which was cheap for hotel standards.

Overall a very decent stay.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.

Last edited by Schwann; Oct 12, 2023 at 11:54 am
Old Oct 12, 2023, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Schwann (Post # 113)
They also had a soft toy Conrad caribou in the room to take - but not sure I get the Manilla/Philippines connection to that animal!
It is a carabao.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carabao
lsquare and Schwann like this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 9:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Thank you! Probably should have googled that one.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Schwann
Just completed a 2 night stay at this property booked via the "Amex Hotel Collection" which included $100 hotel credit.

I had some pre-contact with the hotel to ask if they'd honour Honors benefits like the breakfast and lounge access despite booking via the Amex rate and it was confirmed I would. Within the generic email they said they also upgrade up to suites subject to availability. The nightly rate worked out to be about 13,900 pesos per night, which is roughly £200/US$245 per night. I "softened" the blow by using a Amex Travel cashback offer on my Platinum card so it took £100 off. If you have status (and even if you don't) I'm not sure the maths add up for using the Hotel Collection rate - the price difference from a normal apex rate is equivalent in my case of paying for your own hotel credit. The cashback made it worth it in my case.

I also asked if they had any sort of shuttle from the airport given the relatively close proximity and they said they could offer a car for 3000 pesos which is absolutely ludicrous. You can get a GRAB for about 300.

Anyway on the day of arrival I noticed I'd been "upgraded" to a king room with bay view - so a one category upgrade from the entry level room I had booked - a king room. Technically that is correct for the Hotel Collection rate but a bit tight given I was expecting something better as per the encouraging email mentioned above. I didn't push the matter at check in.

There was actually a bit of noise from the attractions on the beach - plenty of screaming from the pirate ship ride on the "corniche".

The rooms are finished to a high standard - in the room was a welcome "gift" of chocolates and some soft sweets.

The bathroom had the usual Mojave Ghost amenities and the shower pressure was very good. There's even a horizontal shower head about half way up the wall! No bath tubs in the basic rooms.

As mentioned lounge access was included. Breakfast is served 0630-1030, afternoon tea from 1400-1600 and evening snacks 1700-1900. Due to a late flight I checked in just as the evening snacks and drinks were finishing. I went up to the lounge but they'd already started clearing the evening things away - however they took pity on me and served me some drinks and leftovers! The staff in the lounge (and the whole hotel) were brilliant. The spread in the lounge was pretty good and it seems each night they have a hot dish "made" by the chef.
Afternoon tea:

I took breakfast in the downstairs restaurant. The selection is fairly good but I'd say it's at the lower end of luxury hotel breakfasts. They had bread and butter pudding which was delicious.

The pool is open until 10pm and is well set up for swimming lengths due to its generous endowment.

I spent my $100 hotel credit on a 2 hour massage. They give 20% discount to Gold and Diamond members. I used the remainder of my credit on a cocktail which was cheap for hotel standards.

Overall a very decent stay.
I'm assuming the evening food spread in the lounge is different from your pictures?

As a Hilton Diamond, I'm assuming I'll get decent elite recognition and a good breakfast?

Is it easy to get a 4 PM checkout?

Very easy access to the Mall of Asia?
Old Dec 26, 2023, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm assuming the evening food spread in the lounge is different from your pictures?

As a Hilton Diamond, I'm assuming I'll get decent elite recognition and a good breakfast?

Is it easy to get a 4 PM checkout?

Very easy access to the Mall of Asia?
The lounge is nice.

I was upgraded to a suite as a Hilton Diamond last month. Hilton Diamond has the option of breakfast in the restaurant as well, which is excellent. Definitely one of the better hotel breakfasts available as far as variety and quality of food.

Late checkout was not an issue.

MOA is connected - you can take the path past China Blue restaurant and it leads into MOA.
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
I know this is an absolutely ridiculous reason to stay at the hotel but... does it not have the usual Conrad bear and duck?
Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Dave510
I know this is an absolutely ridiculous reason to stay at the hotel but... does it not have the usual Conrad bear and duck?
Not ridiculous at all haha. We collect the stuffed animals too and the Conrad Manila provides a Ox. They had much larger ones for sale as well.
lsquare and Dave510 like this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Dave510
They offer a carabao.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.