Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dmodemd
Hilton rolled out the complimentary Wi-Fi earlier than originally planned!

* Beginning in June 2015, premium Internet access, where available, will be rolled out globally and will be free of charge for Diamond members when they book directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or via one of our corporate travel partners.
* Starting in August, we will extend complimentary standard Wi-Fi access to Blue and Silver members when they book their stays directly through a proprietary Hilton channel or one of our corporate travel partners.
* Complimentary standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels or one of our corporate travel partners:
  • The Hilton HHonors mobile app
  • Online from hilton.com, HHonors.com, or any of our brand/hotel websites
  • Calling Hilton Reservations Customer Care: 1-800-HHonors or your local Hilton reservations office
  • Calling an individual hotel (plus walk-ins and physical on-property too)
  • Via corporate travel agencies and travel professionals that book via a Hilton proprietary channel
* This update doesn’t apply to hotels where there is a resort charge (except for Diamond members complimentary premium access - Post #6).
* This offering will not be available until August through September in EMEA and APAC.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will continue to be a benefit for Hilton HHonors Gold members who also book directly through our proprietary Hilton channels one of our approved travel agent partners.
* Free standard Wi-Fi will be available on June 4, 2015 for all HHonors members who book directly at all StayConnected properties globally.
* The HHonors Terms and Conditions will be updated on June 4, 2015 to reflect these changes.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Wi-Fi Update

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2015, 5:13 am

!!

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Agreed. I will reiterate that the frustration that I and other have voiced is not personal, and I'm assuming that as a corporate communications professional you understand that. But, to the extent that you can relay to your employer that communication is a two-way street, and that allowing a statement to be released and then disappearing into a void for months is not likely to elicit positive responses, we'd all be much obliged.

Because numerous property managers have received memos behind the scenes announcing the change and are familiar with it. And because Hilton stated that the promo would start in Q2, and we're a month into Q2.
^^ That is why, it's not like I just decided on my own I did not want to pay it !!!
Old May 10, 2015, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Because numerous property managers have received memos behind the scenes announcing the change and are familiar with it. And because Hilton stated that the promo would start in Q2, and we're a month into Q2.
Plus, Hyatt, SPG, and Marriott have all already rolled out free internet for all loyalty plan members, and free high speed for their top tier. Only Hilton seems unable to provide what has become an industry-standard benefit.
Old May 10, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
To Erin: I appreciate the difficult position that you are in, but Hilton is not scoring any points here by imposing the communications blackout.

To those thanking Erin for the "update"... what do you know now that you didn't know before? What have you learned from the "update" ?

Stop fawning.

We should not blame Erin... but posting here to say she is listening is not an "update."
It is an acknowledgement that HH is still on the board and they are engaged in communicating with FT. We've had long gaps of NOTHING at all so I'll take an occasional still here still trying than pure silence. MR has pretty much totally abandoned FT in favor of their own board (Marriott Insiders). I'd hate to see HH go the same route. SPG is fully engaged with several Lurkers and we get great service from them, even if it's not all positive.

Q2 is not over yet, so HH still has time to hit their target.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Berating a company representative in a public forum over factors she cannot possibly influence is not only pointless, but likely to result in less communication, not more. I am all about customer service and dislike corporate silence as much as anyone, but the collective customer voice on this forum can be unattractive indeed. I sure wouldn't want to have to deal with us.
Old May 11, 2015, 4:14 pm

FWIW, I received a letter upon check in to the HGI in ICT today stating that all Diamond members are able to receive complimentary premium wifi at this property and 4200 othe Hilton properties.

It then referred me to a second sheet with instructions on updating my password if I haven't already done so at hhonors.com.
Old May 11, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Hilton Garden Inn Portland-Airport

I stayed at the PDX HGI the weekend before last. The manager there has the flick, as she replied to me in an email in reply to the post-stay survey I filled out:

"Of course premium internet is now free to Diamond members."

(I was charged the premiun fee and, at check-out, asked the FDC to take it off the bill. He tried for 15 minutes but was unable to do it. He credited my Visa card instead.)
Old May 11, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Great News! Thanks for the update!
Old May 11, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IJDGAF
FWIW, I received a letter upon check in to the HGI in ICT today stating that all Diamond members are able to receive complimentary premium wifi at this property and 4200 othe Hilton properties.

It then referred me to a second sheet with instructions on updating my password if I haven't already done so at hhonors.com.
Do you still have that letter? Would you mind posting a photo of it, redacting any sensitive information of course?
Old May 11, 2015, 7:28 pm

Sure. No personal info to redact.. Pretty generic form letters.
Old May 11, 2015, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
Plus, Hyatt, SPG, and Marriott have all already rolled out free internet for all loyalty plan members, and free high speed for their top tier. Only Hilton seems unable to provide what has become an industry-standard benefit.
Yes, HH was forced to offer this in light of competition, but it seriously was about time.
Old May 12, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Tampa Hilton Downtown.

Did not have to ask. While checking in was informed I have complimentary high speed internet for diamonds.

Did the speedtest and it's very functional.

Old May 12, 2015, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by dave1013
(I was charged the premiun fee and, at check-out, asked the FDC to take it off the bill. He tried for 15 minutes but was unable to do it. He credited my Visa card instead.)
I cry "Horsefeathers!"

At a Hampton where I've stayed a few times recently, usually the charge appears on the paper under-the-door folio; however, an email attachment is sent a few hours later of the bill minus internet. Otherwise, I've asked heading out the door, and the charge has disappeared immediately.
Old May 13, 2015, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I cry "Horsefeathers!"

At a Hampton where I've stayed a few times recently, usually the charge appears on the paper under-the-door folio; however, an email attachment is sent a few hours later of the bill minus internet. Otherwise, I've asked heading out the door, and the charge has disappeared immediately.
So from the data points here - limited in the grand scheme compared to the size of Hilton's operations, but nontrivial in the absolute sense - am I correct in gathering the inference that a sizable number of properties are in fact aware of this benefit - as evidenced by their willingness to back down almost immediately when confronted - but are just letting it ride while Hilton corporate drags its feet on telling its customers? That certainly seems to be the case.
Old May 13, 2015, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
What they seem to be waiting for is implementation of entering one's room and HH# which automatically defaults to high(er) speed upon recognizing the guest's status, bypassing a daily charge entirely.
Old May 13, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Please understand I'm not defending Hilton, just trying to connect the dots. Ok so we're a month into Q2 but nowhere has it said when during Q2 it would start so why would you expect it to start before it has started??

Originally Posted by Northeaster01
^^ That is why, it's not like I just decided on my own I did not want to pay it !!!
Except that is what you did. No official notice has come out that effective on such and such date this will be the policy. All that's been said is that it will happen in the future. You seemingly decided when the start date would be for you and demanded that hotels implement it on your schedule.

I too would like it to happen sooner rather than later but until it is official I don't see how you can demand it. It's good that hotel employees are getting notification so there hopefully won't be issues once it is official but for now, it's not official so why keep demanding it??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.