Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ekozie
We are trying to collate a list of the websites that Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee team consider eligible for the BRG. Please update the following wiki with you successful/rejected BRG claims.

^Successful BRG claims have been made against:
muchoviaje.com - 26/09/2016
expedia.co.uk - 26/09/2016, Jan 2018
Expedia.com (US) - 18/09/2017
Expedia.ca - 1/20/18
happyrooms.com - 30/09/2016, 25/Jan/2017, 28/Jan/2017, 27/Feb/2017, 23/July/2017
hotelscombined.com - 17/Jan/2017
priceline.com (standard booking, not a bid or express booking)- 05/Oct/2016, 15/May/2017, 22/Apr/2018, 22/Oct/18, 25/Nov/18
prestigia.com - 24/Jan/2017
orbitz.com - Dec 2017
prestigia.com - Dec 2017, January 2018
nustay.com - Feb 2020

Unauthorised Sites for BRG Claim:
roomertravel.com - 16/09/2016
prestigia.com - 27/09/2016 - 'does not instantly confirm'
hoteltravel.com - August 2016 - " there have been discrepancies in the way the website has been displaying prices recently, and we are not satisfied that the website's processes are fair and transparent."
destinia.com - 29/09/2016 - 12 EUR Administration Fee for any cancellation vs Hilton Fully Flex
Travel.AmericaExpress.co.uk - 29/09/2016 Amex Card holders only
Bedfinder.com 6/8/17 - The third party site bedfinder.com is no longer considered to be valid
skoosh.com - denied 10//4/18

BRG claims on non-refundable rates are a gamble at best. Hilton can ask 3rd party sites to remove rates when they "sell unbundled wholesale rates", and screenshots are no longer sufficient proof. You will end up with the non-refundable rate booked, if the rate is gone when your claim is being reviewed.

On 18 November 2014 (see post #1261 of the archived thread), the HHonorsRepresentative listed 15 third-party websites that were 'no longer authorized to distribute our hotels’ static rates':
  • Alpharooms.com
  • Amoma.com
  • Cleartrip.com
  • Despegar
  • Elvoline
  • Galahotels
  • Hotelpronto.com
  • Jumbotours
  • LMT.com
  • Secretescapes
  • Simplytravel.de
  • TravelRepublic
  • Wego
  • Worldwideholidays.com.au

However, on 19 December 2014 (see post #3 of this thread), the HHonorsRepresentative announced a change of policy, stating that:
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Moving forward, we will approve claims from these sites as long as the offered rates meet the other BRG requirements we have in place, as we recognize that this is in the best interest of our members.

The Best Rate Guarantee exists so that our guests feel confident going to Hilton Worldwide channels to find the best rates that we offer. We strive for pricing accuracy in all our channels, and the BRG helps identify when that is not the case.
The HonorsRepresentative has not issued any subsequent statement suggesting another change of policy and a return to the previous 'blacklist'.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the late 2014/2015 BRG thread - for the original thread please check here

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee, or BRG: The Definitive Thread

Thanks!

Squeakr
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
--------
Print Wikipost

Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Same here. No acknowledgment and no reply from claim 72 hours ago
dc_traveler likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 7:03 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
BRG is a struggle, HUCA for the right Hilton Agent

Took about a total of 30 minutes to make 4 different phone calls to the Diamond desk to make a successful BRG claim

Price matched to the OTA which was offering the rate $90 lower each night. Total saved was about $550. Calling them is like a game of blind dating - you can tell right off the start of the phone call if the agent is ready to give you a hard time or putting the favors on your side.

Some things that helped me: use archive.org on the website you want the price to match to. It saves the website page so you can use it for backup. 4th call to the line paired me with a really helpful agent who knew exactly what I was doing and mentioned you have to be adamant about brg calls. GL
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Plat Regular Joe Everywhere Else
Update: My claim was denied via email three times. I supplied screen shots, facts and still did not get the BRG. In the future I will call rather than deal with the ........ reasons I got denied via email.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 2:10 pm

Submitted BRG online on March 15, received denial on March 18th. Just called today, and was successful. Called the regular reservation line, got transferred to price match department. Rep was very nice, took about 30 min total time. There was no push back, she just kept telling me to be patient and she's working on it. This is my first time price matching.

Hampton Inn Montreal Downtown via expedia.ca
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
BRG process BROKEN

I've had really good luck with BRGs but that appears to be a thing of the past. Two recent experiences:

Submitted a claim on the new form. Instead of receiving a response later the same day, it took three days and I'd already cancelled switching the stay to Hyatt.

Submitted a claim. Response about 80 hours later that room type unavailable on hotels dot com so claim denied. Replied with time stamped screenshots. Now on day 4 with no response. Back to Hyatt.

That's 39 nites lost to Hyatt in two months!
dc_traveler likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 24.05.2004

That's 39 nites lost to Hyatt in two months!
That's actually 39 nights that you would only have moved to Hilton PROVIDED they undercut their own prices to give you a bargain. Unless you for some strange reason prefer Hilton to Hyatt...

BRG policies have little to do with marketing these days, and less to do with attracting business. It's just a way of policing hotels and OTAs for breaking price parity rules, with people like us as the private detectives. Hilton corporate really couldn't care less what happens after you fill in the forms...
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:35 pm

Did a BRG for the Hilton Olympia Kensington London Original Rate was $145 got it down to $105 after seeing lower rate on TravelOcity. Filled out my request and within a day got the updated itinerary with the new price including the additional 25 percent off. I do not know why anyone would book with a third party considering I get my Gold Benefits and Breakfast for 2!
Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif
That's actually 39 nights that you would only have moved to Hilton PROVIDED they undercut their own prices to give you a bargain. Unless you for some strange reason prefer Hilton to Hyatt...

BRG policies have little to do with marketing these days, and less to do with attracting business. It's just a way of policing hotels and OTAs for breaking price parity rules, with people like us as the private detectives. Hilton corporate really couldn't care less what happens after you fill in the forms...
Or rather, that's 39 nights and potential future business moved elsewhere and/or to a third party OTA because they play stupid games like this.
24.05.2004, James91 and MarcElMile like this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:27 pm

I had no issues till 2022 rolled around as far as price match guarantee claims. Now all of a sudden in the new year it takes days for them to respond to the form claim and it has been a denial every time. Makes no sense since comparing the screenshots I submit after the denial to ones I have submitted over the past few years, nothing has changed.
dc_traveler likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by diburning
Or rather, that's 39 nights and potential future business moved elsewhere and/or to a third party OTA because they play stupid games like this.
It's an empty threat because all chains have scams as BRG policies and OTAs don't give you points or elite benefits. There's no reason to be upset at Hilton in particular... You definitely didn't get those 39 nights BRGd at Hyatt...
Old Mar 30, 2022, 12:54 am

Programs: Senator, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold
I'm still waiting for an answer since 5 days...
dc_traveler likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It's an empty threat because all chains have scams as BRG policies and OTAs don't give you points or elite benefits. There's no reason to be upset at Hilton in particular... You definitely didn't get those 39 nights BRGd at Hyatt...
No, but I'd be more inclined to book wherever the rate is lower, whether that would be on an OTA, or an equivalent other brand property.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:41 am
KRS

Needed 2 attempts to get this approved, last weekend the response was too slow and the competing rate (hotels.com) was no longer available. It reappeared this weekend so I submitted a new claim, approved in under 24 hours.

The Westminster London, Curio Collection by Hilton, QUEEN GUEST ROOM, 4 nights
Hilton Semi-Flex rate: 1122 GBP incl. tax
Matched Rate: 655 GBP + tax
Rate After 25% Discount: 490 GBP incl. tax

I have also noted that all the responses now end up in my spam folder, so need to monitor for responses...
dc_traveler likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by KRS
Needed 2 attempts to get this approved, last weekend the response was too slow and the competing rate (hotels.com) was no longer available. It reappeared this weekend so I submitted a new claim, approved in under 24 hours.

The Westminster London, Curio Collection by Hilton, QUEEN GUEST ROOM, 4 nights
Hilton Semi-Flex rate: 1122 GBP incl. tax
Matched Rate: 655 GBP + tax
Rate After 25% Discount: 490 GBP incl. tax

I have also noted that all the responses now end up in my spam folder, so need to monitor for responses...
Great tip - their most recent response (a denial of course) was in my spam folder.
KRS likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:50 pm

their site does not seem to accept claims. it just crashes and says he couldn't be submitted.
is this a new strategy? or maybe it just does this by design? my first time filling out brg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.