Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Just called the Diamond desk to check my stats... they have not yet been given a way of making that info available.

Agent said she would forward a request and I would be e-mailed the information.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: Continental Elite
Lifetime Diamond Status will be offered to HHonors members who met both of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
Have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (Don’t have to be consecutive)
Have completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights

If you’re shy of these marks and hit them in the middle of the year, your Lifetime Diamond Status will start at the beginning of the following year.

Read more: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/02/hilt...#ixzz3RSYJXLJC
Follow us: @thepointsguy on Twitter | thepointsguy on Facebook
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:16 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
Dear Erin,

May I check if Award Nights using Points and Rooms redeemed with Points and Money count towards the 1000 nights for Lifetime Diamond Status requirement?
Hi there,

Thanks for the question! All stays must be paid stays to be eligible for Lifetime Diamond Status - stays booked with Points are not eligible.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:25 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Just called the Diamond desk to check my stats... they have not yet been given a way of making that info available.

Agent said she would forward a request and I would be e-mailed the information.
I Just did the same thing and she read it to me in 10 seconds.
Apparently I'm too loyal to get 100,000 points - not loyal enough to get lifetime.
910 nights and well over 10 years as a Diamond
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
1000 nights does seem a bit high. It would have been nice for there have been a stay hurdle as an alternative. As someone who was diamond for a dozen or more years mainly on stays - typically 1 nighters in expensive city downtown hotels - this seems to miss a sizable set of deserving folks. I did drop an email to HH and had a response within an hour with my numbers. Not surprisingly my stays aren't all that different from my nights given my travel pattern. As someone now retired and traveling for leisure I don't see getting to 1000 nights so I guess this isn't relevant to me although I have been a legacy diamond of some sort that retained diamond status beyond when I was explicitly earning it so I don't know how that plays into this.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
deleted
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:35 am

These two promos - Lifetime diamond and 100K pt promos are going to leave a lot of bad taste in several diamond members.

Its reminds me of UA with their GS product which shafted their 1K flyers and remained elusive to most of them.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Complete incompetence at the Diamond Desk.

Called and asked about my number of paid nights and the first person I talked to insisted that it was 1000 total nights and it did not matter if they were paid or not. I tried to explain that his was not right and she would not budge.

Asked for a supervisor and was then told they cannot figure out how many nights of paid stays. I was told that they would have to send me a printout of all my stays and I would need to count the ones that had points next to them to figure out how many were paid instead of reward. When I told her this was absurd, she put me on hold for over five minutes and finally came back to say that she would have to create a case and that I would hear back in 7 to 10 business days.

Way to go Hilton!

Last edited by DevilDawg1960; Feb 11, 2015 at 1:41 pm
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
Complete incompetence at the Diamond Desk.

Called and asked about my number of paid nights and the first person I talked to insisted that it was 1000 total nights and it did not matter if they were paid or not. I tried to explain that his was not right and she would not budge.

Asked for a supervisor and was then told they cannot figure out how many nights of paid stays I have that they would have to send me a printout of all my stays and I would need to count the ones that had points next to them to figure out how many were paid instead of reward. When I told her this was absurd, she put me on hold for over five minutes and finally came back to say that she would have to create a case and that I would hear back in 7 to 10 business days.

Way to go Hilton!
Odd - I just dropped an email to the HH contact address from the website and got a polite answer within an hour. Try that route - perhaps those folks have gotten trained on things first.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Exclamation

Originally Posted by ironmanjay
These two promos - Lifetime diamond and 100K pt promos are going to leave a lot of bad taste in several diamond members.

Its reminds me of UA with their GS product which shafted their 1K flyers and remained elusive to most of them.
I just sent an email off to Mark Weinstein - Hilton Worldwide's Global Head of Loyalty and Partnerships and described that bad taste to him in graphic detail.

I quoted him from this 2013 article, "Benefits must be relevant", Hilton’s Weinstein said. "They must also show a loyalty from the company to the member, and not vice versa, he said." - Well said Mark, now just practice what you preach.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I have more than 1k nights, but only 5 years diamond. le sigh. I'm working on it, i'm working on it.

at least I did get the 100k pts. promo.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, United Club, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Lifetime Diamond

I received an email this morning informing me of lifetime status. It's nice recognition, but I was somewhat hoping there would be some additional benefits going along with it.

I am a VERY loyal Hilton guest, but my only concern is when traveling on vacation with my wife and two boys that at many properties we only receive two breakfasts just like a Gold level does. Frankly it's not only a little frustrating, but also rubs me up when I see the huge number of Gold level members getting the same thing as a Diamond and now even a Lifetime Diamond.

Other than that, I am very happy at how Hilton treat me and will continue to be a loyal customer for many more years to come.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ExecPlatWife
My husband also received his lifetime diamond email this morning. FWIW, he probably has roughly double the nights required to qualify.
You don't see him much, do you?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by pdx1M
Odd - I just dropped an email to the HH contact address from the website and got a polite answer within an hour. Try that route - perhaps those folks have gotten trained on things first.
Hopefully I get a response from them.

I think I'm at 9 years and 900+ nights, so this year should put me over the hump.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question is it really paid nights or is it elite qualifying nights???

Have they really kept track of paid nights vs elite qualifying nights all these years? It seems surprising if this is accurate that you need 1000 paid nights, as opposed to 1000 elite qualifying nights (which at Hilton include award nights), since the elite qualifying nights seems to be the only visible counter they've kept to date.

And the definition of "paid" needs clarification, even if accurate, because does it include points + cash stays or not? (How that works for a promo is not necesarily guarnateed to be the same as how that works for lifetime status.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.