Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:39 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BlueHenFlyer
I agree. After being made lifetime Plat at *Wood, I stopped staying there and dropped my Amex. Have shifted entirely to Hilton, largely because it is easier to find hotels in smaller markets (and I hate the aloft chain). If Hilton creates a Lifetime Diamond, a load of those folks will move to IHG as they won't have to stay at Hamptons to make their nut to get a nice stay at the Conrad.
Personally, I've never understood this line of thinking. The point of reaching elite status, IMhO is to enjoy the benefits. Once I hit Diamond for the first time, I REALLY ramped up my HH stays. To this day, I ALWAYS book HH first...Only stay at Marriott in places like HKG where they have affordable properties (the Conrad is out of my company's allowable budget). I have a few Marriott convention stays as well...Other than that, it almost ALL goes to HH--why? Because I'm a diamond--and even at Hamptons (which I have maybe 4-5 nights/year), I often get upgrades.

It's about the destination, not the journey. I don't chase elite status just for the sake of having elite status.

I get Marriott Gold through United. I get IHG Plat through the credit card, and only keep it for the free night every year, which I do use at a $300/night property. I have no desire to move up further in these programs or collect points in them just for the sake of 'spreading it around'. To me, HH works perfectly--between the Grand Wailea, the convenience of the ORD Hilton, some well-placed Embassy Suites in the US and some great Hiltons and Doubletrees in China--I have no desire to boost my status elsewhere.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Personally, I've never understood this line of thinking. The point of reaching elite status, IMhO is to enjoy the benefits. Once I hit Diamond for the first time, I REALLY ramped up my HH stays. To this day, I ALWAYS book HH first...Only stay at Marriott in places like HKG where they have affordable properties (the Conrad is out of my company's allowable budget). I have a few Marriott convention stays as well...Other than that, it almost ALL goes to HH--why? Because I'm a diamond--and even at Hamptons (which I have maybe 4-5 nights/year), I often get upgrades.

It's about the destination, not the journey. I don't chase elite status just for the sake of having elite status.

I get Marriott Gold through United. I get IHG Plat through the credit card, and only keep it for the free night every year, which I do use at a $300/night property. I have no desire to move up further in these programs or collect points in them just for the sake of 'spreading it around'. To me, HH works perfectly--between the Grand Wailea, the convenience of the ORD Hilton, some well-placed Embassy Suites in the US and some great Hiltons and Doubletrees in China--I have no desire to boost my status elsewhere.
I agree - the point of getting elite status is so you get treated better. I got over collecting "merit badges" decades ago. I'm Starwood LT Plat and I still stay there because they treat me well. Also have Marriott through UA and I'm some sort of legacy Diamond with HH even though my stays are well below that level and have been for a few years. But I was a Diamond for over a decade before their devaluations and the relatively much better treatment from Starwood got most of my stays moved there. If they give me official LT Diamond that would be nice but I do have access to Gold via a credit card in any case. But no matter which program, at least for me, the point is the better treatment rather than the check mark - particularly now that I am retired and traveling on my own dime.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:23 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pdx1M
But no matter which program, at least for me, the point is the better treatment rather than the check mark - particularly now that I am retired and traveling on my own dime.
I don't necessarily disagree, but with Marriott LT Plat and quite a large bundle of points with Marriott, I noticed that there wasn't a Marriott in Searcy, AR where my son was (there is a Hampton Inn though.) And I noticed that the Sheraton 4Pts in College Station was much easier to get with much fewer points (even considering program point differentials). I realized that having points in a few different programs was very helpful and beneficial. Also, considering that I was able to get a status match from Marriott to SPG and then through work a status upgrade with Hilton to Gold, I could have elite status instantly with each of them AND have points built up in each.

But there will come a day, possibly within the next couple of years, where I will settle down with one main program. And I am almost certain when that happens, the one I have the highest LT status will be that program.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
I agree, you earn diamond status for the benefits, and as a result I also put 90% of stays Hilton way, you get into the programme. The other stays are typically because Hilton "doesn't fit", but given preference I always use the brand.
As a result, it is a fair expectation to be treated well. It cant be amazing every time, but it should be above the norm at least. It pains me when it isn't!!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Erin -

Any update on this?

"I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!"
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:34 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
Erin -

Any update on this?

"I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!"
Early 2015 to the hhonors program means April or May so check back in June please.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:35 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
Erin -

Any update on this?

Hi milesmilesmiles,

Not yet, but as soon as I'm provided more info you all will be the first to know!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Nope, I haven't heard anything either, but I did just get a copy of my Lifetime Points from HHonors, so I am keen to see how close / far away I am from getting this !

As it stands, I am sitting on 140 lifetime stays; 360 lifetime nights; 2.3 million total points; and just over 1 million Base Points.

Fingers and most other appendages are now crossed !
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Rickers
Nope, I haven't heard anything either, but I did just get a copy of my Lifetime Points from HHonors, so I am keen to see how close / far away I am from getting this !

As it stands, I am sitting on 140 lifetime stays; 360 lifetime nights; 2.3 million total points; and just over 1 million Base Points.

Fingers and most other appendages are now crossed !
How did you get this? Did it come in the mail/e-mail?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:15 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by Michael19887
How did you get this? Did it come in the mail/e-mail?
Likely they just asked via email for the info like the rest of us. Send a quick email to the DD and you'll have an answer back in no time IME.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BotB
Likely they just asked via email for the info like the rest of us. Send a quick email to the DD and you'll have an answer back in no time IME.
I've asked for my lifetime stats as recently as a few weeks ago, and DD agent only could see my lifetime stays/nights. I was more interested that he had lifetime points and base points info. I'll try again though..maybe the DD agents have that info now.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by BotB
Yeah, that's what I asked, but the DD said they couldn't access the information for me about total Base Points ...... they requested a hard copy, and that's what arrived in the post today --- a print out of every transaction for 11 years !!
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Yeah, that's what I asked, but the DD said they couldn't access the information for me about total Base Points ...... they requested a hard copy, and that's what arrived in the post today --- a print out of every transaction for 11 years !!
How long from request to arrival of the print out?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by jmd001
How long from request to arrival of the print out?
I just checked my emails to find out ......... I requested this on Christmas Eve, so it took them 6 weeks !

Even allowing for the holidays, that's not exactly super-quick, but it is super-comprehensive.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
I just checked my emails to find out ......... I requested this on Christmas Eve, so it took them 6 weeks !
Thanks for the info. Checking my email, it appears that I requested the data on Jan 5th ... then got an email on the 10th saying "Please allow 4 weeks for delivery ..." Guess I need a little more patience ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.